Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 423 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's some of the things from the new image labeled, from what I understand anyway. (I think this is what @AlexanderMBush was trying to do, but had CPU issues with the image.)

I didn't go into much detail since this image doesn't show much detail. (Hopefully when we get better images someday, we can see where the individual elements of SML are actually located within SNW.)

DR7rvljV4AAbh6P-colormarked2.jpg

Going from Left-Bottom around in a clockwise fashion:

Light Green: Pipe entrance (elevator in darker green next to pipe)
Brown: Layered landscape area blocking Nintendo World
Dark Blue: Outline of Mushroom Kingdom and Yoshi area
Red: Mario Kart show building
Light Blue: Water drainage (I think)
Green: Donkey Kong show building (does not include covered queue or outside track elements.)
Dark Green: DK support building/maintenance (I think)
Purple: Jungle facade blocking backstage areas
Orange: Employee access road
Pink: Security building

Here's some of the things from the new image labeled, from what I understand anyway. (I think this is what @AlexanderMBush was trying to do, but had CPU issues with the image.)

I didn't go into much detail since this image doesn't show much detail. (Hopefully when we get better images someday, we can see where the individual elements of SML are actually located within SNW.)

View attachment 5894

Green: Donkey Kong show building (does not include covered queue or outside track elements.)

Hopefully we get better maps soon. Does anyone else feel like the Donkey Kong area is missing something? It just feels kinda empty, if you don't count the ride

Hopefully we get better maps soon. Does anyone else feel like the Donkey Kong area is missing something? It just feels kinda empty, if you don't count the ride
Not shown in that area: Meet and greet stage, gift shops, and food stand, plus outside theming and a lot of the queue... Much like the Skull Island area. (The covered queue is not shown in the image, as well as all outside track elements, so that takes up a lot of space.)

Also, the pathway entering the land should be heavily themed and jungle-like.

View attachment 5894

Excellent. You have a real talent for simplifying complex matters. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Alicia
Looks like your image is not set to public. Couldn't you just use the 'Upload a File' option built-in to the forum instead?

I've tried the Upload a File, and most of the time, it's not even properly doing things.

I've been trying to do it with Imgur, Tinypic, and various other outlets, with no success. I honestly don't know what to do, and that at this point; I'm starting to suspect it's more due to my cable company than anything.

View attachment 5894

Based on the fill they used on the plan, your light blue will be some sort of access road. They use the same fill as the roads you marked orange. It also widens where it meets the other backstage road to account for vehicle turning.

I've tried the Upload a File, and most of the time, it's not even properly doing things.

I've been trying to do it with Imgur, Tinypic, and various other outlets, with no success. I honestly don't know what to do, and that at this point; I'm starting to suspect it's more due to my cable company than anything.

Upload a file isn't working for me either. Hasn't for a few days.

Based on the fill they used on the plan, your light blue will be some sort of access road. They use the same fill as the roads you marked orange. It also widens where it meets the other backstage road to account for vehicle turning.
I thought that too, and it's possible it is actually both, with a slanted surface to bring water away from the area, but can also be traveled on. In any case, I don't think it will not be a regular Team Member access road like the other (orange) one. It might be for techs or emergency traffic/evacuations only probably.

I can provide some support for the rumors there won't be facades on Springfield. Part of the area between Mario Kart and the Simpson's Ride is slated for a fire access road, meaning that fire trucks will be able to move behind the buildings. That would seem like a deal killer for facades.

Also the entrance appears to have some sort of enclosure planned around the pipes.

The markings, from what I've been able to put together, are access roads, which can give some indicators of where outdoor sections of track for DK might be. These are all early site work documents so specific details are hard to come by at this point. Once the footer and foundation permits come in, we'll have a better idea of where some show/ride elements will be.
You know I never thought about this...What is their plan to cover the show buildings in Springfield? I know Universal is super concerned with hiding show buildings, but still...

Reactions: Lucas C
I thought that too, and it's possible it is actually both, with a slanted surface to bring water away from the area, but can also be traveled on. In any case, I don't think it will not be a regular Team Member access road like the other (orange) one. It might be for techs or emergency traffic/evacuations only probably.

It looks like it's probably backstage access to Yoshi to me, but I don't have access to anything other than whats been posted. In response to the water control aspects, I doubt it's anything more than a road though. Any drainage would be handled by drain boxes and underground pipes. They would not make something that would be a creek in a heavy downpour. And if they were going to do anything like that at all, it would have a different fill than on the plans.

You know I never thought about this...What is their plan to cover the show buildings in Springfield? I know Universal is super concerned with hiding show buildings, but still...
The Nintendo World buildings will not be visible to guests in Springfield. The Springfield buildings will not be visible to guests in SNW.

Peach's Castle's tip should be the only thing visible while standing outside the land. It'll be a little bit visible when standing in front of the pipe entrance... And maybe other small tips of structures could be visible when viewed from all the way across the lagoon (similar to seeing the dragon in Diagon across the way.)

But nothing from Springfield or Nintendo should be visible from either land the way the guest areas will be situated.
It looks like it's probably backstage access to Yoshi to me, but I don't have access to anything other than whats been posted. In response to the water control aspects, I doubt it's anything more than a road though. Any drainage would be handled by drain boxes and underground pipes. They would not make something that would be a creek in a heavy downpour. And if they were going to do anything like that at all, it would have a different fill than on the plans.
The bottom orange path near ET will likely be how Team Members will go to work at Yoshi. The light blue could be a path too like you describe, but would probably not be used for regular team member access. Maybe only emergencies and maintenance access.

Reactions: Mike S and tielo
The Nintendo World buildings will not be visible to guests in Springfield. The Springfield buildings will not be visible to guests in SNW.

Peach's Castle's tip should be the only thing visible while standing outside the land. It'll be a little bit visible when standing in front of the pipe entrance... And maybe other small tips of structures could be visible when viewed from all the way across the lagoon (similar to seeing the dragon in Diagon across the way.)

But nothing from Springfield or Nintendo should be visible from either land the way the guest areas will be situated.

Out of curiosity though, what about the Mario Kart showbuilding, and not Toad Village/Super Mario Land (I am just calling Super Mario Land as Toad Village for now...)? Will there be trees to try to cover up that showbuilding, as it will be behind the Simpsons Ride and may be seen from the backstage gate next to Simpson Ride's showbuilding.

Out of curiosity though, what about the Mario Kart showbuilding, and not Toad Village/Super Mario Land (I am just calling Super Mario Land as Toad Village for now...)? Will there be trees to try to cover up that showbuilding, as it will be behind the Simpsons Ride and may be seen from the backstage gate next to Simpson Ride's showbuilding.
Will just look like another nondescript white building somewhat visible behind a backstage gate, but they might have trees in front of it too. That little space between Simpsons and Kwik-E-Mart will probably be the only place you'll be able to see anything, and it's not going to look like anything important... The same way nothing behind that gate looks like anything now. (See the white tip of a building in the image below, imagine that but taller.)

The MK building will likely only be themed on one side, the side facing SML, and the ride entrance will be shaped like Bowser's castle. The rest will just look like any other boring backstage structure.

GirlsSimpsons.jpg
Image from http://www.allanstanglin.com/vacation-pics/

I really hope the Nintendo music behind Springfield would be fully contained, it's nice to have the audience visit Springfield and listen to its music without interference from the other side.

We're like four years away from Super Nintendo World in Orlando and five years for Los Angeles. We haven't got a clue what it really looks like. But I'm pretty sure it would be just as nice as any other lands at Universal theme parks.

Who's to say that Hollywood can't pace and open with Orlando, considering now that Orlando is more slated to 2021 (and presumably that Disney may have something Marvel oriented at DCA by then)?