Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 428 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah. Yesterday looked crazy at all the WDW & Universal parks. Ten level plus crowds for nearly every attraction, something you don't see even on most peak days.....Nintendo crowds will be crazy during peak times, no doubt......Edit: Just checked times at 10:30 AM. Hulk is 235 minutes. Wow.

Wow.....:lol:

To get this back onto Nintendo, I think taking away relatively unpopular and low capacity rides and replacing them with whatever Nintendo is bringing will have a noticeable effect to the rest of the park in terms of upping the overall capacity of the park.

I think it will happen but I hope it doesn't that Universal will introduce virtual rides for everything here.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I do love a good queue, but if virtual lines end u with higher guest satisfaction, then it's something they should continue to explore. By the time this opens, if price increases are going the way they are, it'll be about $130-$135 to enter a Universal park for a day. If the park will be priced like a premium product, it's time that they do reevaluate a lot of the experience for guests as far as lines, park entrance, food, etc.

Disney's done a great job of this over the past few years. Nothing to do with rides really that I can think of, save for maybe Dumbo. But with with everything else...

I do love a good queue, but if virtual lines end u with higher guest satisfaction, then it's something they should continue to explore. By the time this opens, if price increases are going the way they are, it'll be about $130-$135 to enter a Universal park for a day. If the park will be priced like a premium product, it's time that they do reevaluate a lot of the experience for guests as far as lines, park entrance, food, etc.

Disney's done a great job of this over the past few years. Nothing to do with rides really that I can think of, save for maybe Dumbo. But with with everything else...

What defines the virtual queue for Fallon. Is it the coming back a specific time or a mixture of that and waiting about during the preshows?

Universal could have you enter a room filled with Nintendo Switchs with a multi player Mario Kart tournament that lasts an hour and have the highest guest satisfaction scores of all time.

I am a longtime Nintendo and Universal fan so I am very very excited about all of this. It will also be interesting to see how Universal handles things like character meets as I'm expecting waits to be like 3 hours just to meet a character, which is something Universal is not used to.
Welcome to the IU Forums. :thumbsup:

Reactions: NiceDynamite
What defines the virtual queue for Fallon. Is it the coming back a specific time or a mixture of that and waiting about during the preshows?

Universal could have you enter a room filled with Nintendo Switchs with a multi player Mario Kart tournament that lasts an hour and have the highest guest satisfaction scores of all time.

I really hope that they could do something like that. It would make the queues a lot better.

Coming back at a specific time. You're "waiting," just not in an actual queue.

Reactions: Scott W.

... It already is priced like a premium product.

All I know is its starting to get a little stupid with the no info on nothing. surely they have had a name for a while now, what would it hurt to release that at least, like c'mon man

edit: wrong thread lol meant for potter coaster.
but kinda works here also

Last edited:
Kind of works for everything Universal is working on. :):lol:

At-least for Nintendo, we got a clear idea of what to expect though.

We know Mario Kart is a revolutionary dark ride, Donkey Kong is a first of a kind coaster that actually does buck the trend of a coaster type, and Yoshi seems like a next gen family omnimover with indoor and outdoor scenes.

Potter? We know only of it being centered in the Forbidden Forest, it being filled with practical sets and effects, and it sounding like it'll market to at-least a different crowd than the original DC crowd.

Very curious to know what we have in-store for both, even if the latter isn't what I am excited for the most..

They should do like Marvel and let each series have its own movie then bring them all together for Super Smash Brothers.
As much as I would love it they would need a great team to pull off what Marvel has done. Some of Nintendo’s franchises are just as or even more obscure than GotG, AM, BP, etc.

Reactions: tankart150
While unrelated to SNW, Donkey Kong is starting to get some more time in the spotlight, with Tropical Freeze having a Switch port this may, and DK joining Mario + Rabbids.

I am curious to see what Universal pulls from DKC Tropical Freeze or DKCReturns for the coaster in the terms of the minecart levels, as there is a lot of potential with that attraction.

Reactions: Mike S