Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 439 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interestingly enough, at last HHN I heard one of the things that needed to be finished before work on Nintendo would commence, was moving some of the support buildings in that area. Is the new parade building already in use?
Yes, new parade building is in use for Holiday parade. Old parade building is still used for Superstar.

Yeah it's close. Not done. Lotta focus on the new buiding by Wadrobe right now.
Yup, sorely needed. Wardrobe has been busting at the seems for awhile, even with a small expansion to it not too long ago. VB opening didn't help as the W&W wardrobe wasn't stored at main costuming like VB is.

Reactions: jtsalien
My money is on KidZone still standing until MoM and VillianCon open. Eventually being replaced by Splatoon and Hello Kitty.

hellokitty-master.jpg
SPLATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Even if the new wardrobe building completely replaces the function of the old one, there's still no shortage of backstage needs that they can re-purpose the old one into. Plus, absolutely no chance of a Potter hotel going there. You can't build a working hotel with parking, backstage facilities, rooms, etc., right smack dub into the middle of the park's backstage areas.

Reactions: jtsalien
Hence my question above.

@jtsalien is the new building not big enough to move everything over? Or is the wardrobe building not prime location for expansion?

No its big enough. But A) they need more office space backstage. As the resort and parks grow, so does the size of the support team. B) Not remotely an option for expansion. It's in the middle of a row of other backstage buildings. All of which, are across a street from the literal park backstage and other infrastructure. You'd also cross directly under the Hogwart's Express track.

It can't go to the new gate... I was so excited about all the new toilets coming to the KidsZone area we saw in permits! Think about the poor toilets!

But they would need to close the most unique toilets in the park (that no adult can use)

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I'm more inclined to believe it will still be in KidsZone, even if a year later than planned. I can't see them changing the plans for one out of three destinations when these plans are so detailed, layered, and intricately woven to create multiple rides and zones, with backstage tucked so neatly under stairways, breakrooms shared between attractions and restaurants, all to create an immersive high-tech land that could be built in 3 parks without much adjustment. The amount of planning and work already done, just to start over, seems strange to me, but maybe that's business and I'm just not used to it.

I agree with this. I’m not in finance, but I know Comcast has great free cash flow. I find it very possible that tax law changes could make spending/investing in the parks more attractive (financially speaking) due to changes in how/what/when write offs from income now work.

I’m assuming no one here lives in Japan.

I think it was brought up already, but I was quoting stuff while reading...but I think the point was that Japan was always going to be first...so, to compare to Avatar’s announcement, it would be more proper to end the clock when Japan opens.

I think all the time lines have always been speculated and not set in stone. I have no clue how far along Japan’s construction is, but if not much has happened there yet...well, I would think that would tie into our timeline as the need for capacity would cause them to not want to close the area too soon.

I’ll point out it’s opening in 2020 in USJ.

Japan's completion timeline is kind of set by the Olympics, to a degree.

I know I'm being annoying by constantly stating this, but I'm still putting odds that this has also changed. At least their original pre-Olympics 2020 statement. Maybe late 2020, maybe spring 2021?

I'll gladly, gladly eat my words though!