Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 455 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm certainly assuming that 3 E/D-ticket rides are not going to be built there (and open simultaneously) unless Nintendo comes, yes.

I mean...why? It’s clear they know KidZone needed a major plan to replace it. I do t see why it’s be significantly worse.

Plus, realistically, Nintendo was an E, a D, and a C, imo

I mean...why? It’s clear they know KidZone needed a major plan to replace it. I do t see why it’s be significantly worse.

I'm always open to the possibility of being wrong!

But, frankly, several recent moves in USF don't give me complete confidence. Nintendo was going to be the start of them righting the ship in a park that has gotten a bit off-balance (in my view). I would still like to see that happen. If it happens with another IP of universal (pun not really intended) appeal, then wonderful. But I want something of significance to happen there, especially before all the focus turns to the next gate.

I'm always open to the possibility of being wrong!

But, frankly, several recent moves in USF don't give me complete confidence. Nintendo was going to be the start of them righting the ship in a park that has gotten a bit off-balance (in my view). I would still like to see that happen. If it happens with another IP of universal (pun not really intended) appeal, then wonderful. But I want something of significance to happen there, especially before all the focus turns to the next gate.

Uni knows about “the balance”. Dunno how long they’ll take to fix it/what’ll come first (Site B vs USF), but barring anything catastrophic it’ll happen

Reactions: belloq87

I agree that Nintendo is a C, D and E.

But, I think the IP can elevate that. Simpsons is a bunch of retail, a C ticket and a B ticket (I’m being generous). It’s still one of my favorite places in the resort and I spent more money than you’d think last time I was there.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I agree that Nintendo is a C, D and E.

But, I think the IP can elevate that. Simpsons is a bunch of retail, a C ticket and a B ticket (I’m being generous). It’s still one of my favorite places in the resort and I spent more money than you’d think last time I was there.

I agree. Springfield is boss. But I wasn’t putting down Nintendo when I called it that. It’ll be the best land in Orlando whenever it gets built IMO.

But something else great could easily fill it’s role in USF, which is a park that needs the attendance boost less than Site B

Reactions: GadgetGuru
As far as I've seen, I believe it's been more alluded towards as a Reboot. And that, I don't buy that it will be a hit just because one say's it will. It needs to be a good movie, before anything else. While MiB3 was fun, Men in Black 2 put the franchise on ice for a long period of time.

Could it be what the franchise needs? Maybe, but as of now, it isn't a IP that I would say is timeless.

That said, how about we talk about Nintendo?
Yep, back on topic :)

Since nothing matters anyway...

DK and MK both have ~14 scenes, including load. Both have Express and Single Rider Lines.

The Yoshi omnimover ride will have more than 40 Yoshis on the ride path at once. Each will seat 2 guests (1 adult + 1 child, I believe, don't quote me on that.) Load/unload is a moving platform turntable. Despite earlier reports, it looks like 2/3 of this attraction will take place inside with fully fleshed out show scenes, and only around 1/3 outside, but still including moving characters in those scenes as well. The ride will have more than 40 moving figures throughout the attraction including goombas, koopas, thwomp, and many more characters from Yoshi games, as well as iconic elements from the Mushroom Kingdom like rotating coins and smiling clouds (like seen in Japan animated commercial.)

One of the play areas is themed to Bowser Jr and may include interactive stations, so might be less of a traditional "play area" and more like a mini attraction, (perhaps VR or AR?)

In addition to all the question mark blocks you can hit and other interactive elements around the land, several of them seem to Pikmin based. Not sure what they are or how it's interactive, or how it relates to Pikmin (whatever that is.)

Also, there may be AR stations throughout the land where you look through viewfinders and see extra elements added on top of reality, (kinda like mounted viewing binoculars at landmarks like Statue of Liberty, but these add characters or smiley clouds or something on top of reality.)

That's all for now.

I'm pretty bummed by the lack of apparent movement on the project for Orlando. But I'll keep y'all posted on any insider news I hear about a new location or changes in plans. So far though... radio silence.

DK and MK both have ~14 scenes, including load. Both have Express and Single Rider Lines.

The Yoshi omnimover ride will have more than 40 Yoshis on the ride path at once. Each will seat 2 guests (1 adult + 1 child, I believe, don't quote me on that.) Load/unload is a moving platform turntable. Despite earlier reports, it looks like 2/3 of this attraction will take place inside with fully fleshed out show scenes, and only around 1/3 outside, but still including moving characters in those scenes as well. The ride will have more than 40 moving figures throughout the attraction including goombas, koopas, thwomp, and many more characters from Yoshi games, as well as iconic elements from the Mushroom Kingdom like rotating coins and smiling clouds (like seen in Japan animated commercial.)

One of the play areas is themed to Bowser Jr and may include interactive stations, so might be less of a traditional "play area" and more like a mini attraction, (perhaps VR or AR?)

In addition to all the question mark blocks you can hit and other interactive elements around the land, several of them seem to Pikmin based. Not sure what they are or how it's interactive, or how it relates to Pikmin (whatever that is.)

Also, there may be AR stations throughout the land where you look through viewfinders and see extra elements added on top of reality, (kinda like mounted viewing binoculars at landmarks like Statue of Liberty, but these add characters or smiley clouds or something on top of reality.)

That's all for now.

I'm pretty bummed by the lack of apparent movement on the project for Orlando. But I'll keep y'all posted on any insider news I hear about a new location or changes in plans. So far though... radio silence.

You the best, but now I’m sad it’s possibly delayed.

So for Yoshi are they thinking it would be similar to Pteranodon flyers in that two adults couldn't ride together? That would be a bummer.
I don't know. But it seem like it... however since it's an omnimover, the throughput should be a heck of a lot better.

EDIT: And ain't no way they're gonna limit this one to only parties with little kids.

Alicia's on the spot perfectly described scenario statement: "So far though.....radio silence"............Understandable, since Universal itself is probably unsure of attraction timelines and placements, at this point in time. I can guess there's lots of internal discussions, disagreements and realignments going on at this time. Just waiting for the dust to settle. ...What was true yesterday, may not necessarily be true today scenarios rampant. :);)

Last edited:

That's all for now.

giphy.gif

So for Yoshi are they thinking it would be similar to Pteranodon flyers in that two adults couldn't ride together? That would be a bummer.
You’re telling me :frustrated"

As long as I can still ride by myself without a kid though I’ll be fine.

That's all for now.

The delay better be worth it. 'Cause that sounds pretty damn cool. :angry: