Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But one of the things that makes Pokemon a bit unique is the constant addition of characters; if there's a way to make an experience that can change easily to incorporate different groups of the 800+ Pokemon and introduce some "replayability" then it makes sense to have something like that.
I think it could have SOME screens, maybe more background stuff and not the focus of the scene, and they could update those, but I hope they have some impressive AAs for the most popular and beautiful Pokemon

Reactions: Mike S
i think a better question would be what generation would universal use for Pokemon.I'm hoping for gen 1 bc its the best.
I imagine the gen with the most representation will be 1, I imagine somewhere around half

Also I love how we're speculating on a dark ride that has not been rumored at all haha

But one of the things that makes Pokemon a bit unique is the constant addition of characters; if there's a way to make an experience that can change easily to incorporate different groups of the 800+ Pokemon and introduce some "replayability" then it makes sense to have something like that.

Yea. Best thing for Pokémon would probably be a mix of AAs and screens. AAs for franchise favorites, screens to change it up a bit for reridability/new game promotion

Good, because that ride system looked really bad. I agree with the poster that said we want to be able to experience the scenery....not spend the whole time trying to control our car like a spinning teacup.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I do not know who that is... but yet I can emphatically say, yes. Yes, he is.

Then allow me to indluge you in a taste of the magnificence that is Captain Toad..

tumblr_n88z5kucE01rpymsbo1_500.gif

Just to give an example of how popular Nintendo will be...the video below is from today at the Nintendo New York store...this was Nintendo announcing Super Smash Brothers coming to switch.

I think yeah, they have a rabid fanbase, but theme parks need GP appeal to be successful, I agree Nintendo will be very profitable at Universal wherever it goes, but this doesn't really prove that to me

Reactions: fryoj
The Nintendo community (gaming) have yet to be introduced to the parks. Universal nor Disney have never really attempted to do video game franchises. Nintendo will bring in new guests to the park that have hey to come (like Potter). Nintendo, just like Star Wars and Marvel, its a household name. It's popular and has a wide age range.

The Nintendo community (gaming) have yet to be introduced to the parks. Universal nor Disney have never really attempted to do video game franchises. Nintendo will bring in new guests to the park that have hey to come (like Potter). Nintendo, just like Star Wars and Marvel, its a household name. It's popular and has a wide age range.
Universal never had video games in the park, huh? Then explain THIS!

Honestly don’t think the Nintendo crowd is an untapped market. Most the people who are coming to a Nintendo park have already been in the parks IMO. Probably a lot of crossover between Harry Potter, Nintendo, Star Wars, and Marvel groups.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Honestly don’t think the Nintendo crowd is an untapped market. Most the people who are coming to a Nintendo park have already been in the parks IMO. Probably a lot of crossover between Harry Potter, Nintendo, Star Wars, and Marvel groups.

Hoooooooo boy do I disagree. It's anecdotal, of course, but when Uni and Nintendo announced it I had a ton of friends commenting on Facebook that they would be going to Universal for this.

Even if there is crossover, it's going to bring all those people back to the parks for sure.