Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal themed merchandise would sound interesting, i.e. Pikachu or Mario in a Universal hat. Just to let you know where it comes from...

But I don't know about crossing different franchises. You have to be careful with that.
It’s not like Pikachu hasn’t been dressed up for merch before. You know people would go crazy for Pikachu in Minion overalls.

Edit: the only image I can find that was actually Pikachu and not a minion with Pikachu ears.
minions_meet_pikachu_drawing_by_jessyg22-d822ouh.png

Reactions: Mad Dog and zg44
It’s not like Pikachu hasn’t been dressed up for merch before. You know people would go crazy for Pikachu in Minion overalls.

Edit: the only image I can find that was actually Pikachu and not a minion with Pikachu ears.
minions_meet_pikachu_drawing_by_jessyg22-d822ouh.png
I could see something like that selling well. You just have to make sure it's tasteful and would sell well.

Of course, there are traditionalists that won't want any cross-polination and you don't want to alienate people, so a lighter touch is typically better.

Either way, Nintendo is as protective of their trademarks and franchises as any gaming company, so I'm not worried about merchandise.

Reactions: Mike S
I bet the cross franchise stuff happens lol... it's all over Disney and that store at City Walk has tons of cross franchise stuff that's actually super cool IMHO. I'm sure there are already some examples at the parks right now.

My friend got this in Universal

JurassicXenomorphs_web.jpg

I bet the cross franchise stuff happens lol... it's all over Disney and that store at City Walk has tons of cross franchise stuff that's actually super cool IMHO. I'm sure there are already some examples at the parks right now.

My friend got this in Universal

JurassicXenomorphs_web.jpg
Omg I want that.
A King Kong Themed Donkey Kong!

nope.
Nope you’re right.

A T-shirt featuring the two just sizing each other up? Yes. Especially given their history.

Maybe even a role reversal with DK on King Kong’s shoulder like how Diddy hangs on DK.

He allegedly at Universal every other month per Nintendo. I just found the timing of everything especially with that new rumor very interesting.

So, I need an annual pass and need to go every month is what you’re saying? It makes you wonder why he would need to go so often.

He allegedly at Universal every other month per Nintendo. I just found the timing of everything especially with that new rumor very interesting.

Yea, Nintendo is in Florida ALL the time. UC is based there, so it shouldn't be all that surprising. But it shows how dedicated Nintendo is to these projects.

(I'm still on the record as saying no way will park 3 be Nintendo-only)