Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OU when Nintendo details are revealed:

giphy.gif

I am not convinced that anyone here knows precisely what is going on with this project, or what the lead ride will be. So frustrating. How to find out... how to find out... hmmmm... :sneak:

If Zelda isn't getting a ride, I could see something similar to Poseidon's Fury working well for the IP. Maybe a special effects show featuring Link vs. Ganon.

A Donkey Kong mine cart coaster would be an obvious pick for a more thrilling ride. Bonus points if the attraction's name uses alliteration in true DKC fashion.

Since people are betting on Mario Kart...is there any hope for a more traditional dark ride for Mario? Basically "Super Mario Bros/Galaxy: The Ride", featuring a Spidey/Gringotts-style structure?

If Zelda isn't getting a ride, I could see something similar to Poseidon's Fury working well for the IP. Maybe a special effects show featuring Link vs. Ganon.

A Donkey Kong mine cart coaster would be an obvious pick for a more thrilling ride. Bonus points if the attraction's name uses alliteration in true DKC fashion.

Since people are betting on Mario Kart...is there any hope for a more traditional dark ride for Mario? Basically "Super Mario Bros/Galaxy: The Ride", featuring a Spidey/Gringotts-style structure?

I don't think so about the Mario part but then again what do I know.

I don't think there will be a Donkey Kong ride.
Donkey has already a presence at Shrek and Kong is at IOA in the making...
Shrek is most certainly not long for the park. And besides, it's not the same "Donkey". Nor does it matter that Kong is being built.

Saying that is like saying Potter already has a presence at IOA, no need for it at USF.

I'm still thinking that Japan will be the first park to get Nintendo-anything.

The news of Comcast taking 51% stake in the Japan park is 100% related to Nintendo's licensing agreement. In simple terms, Nintendo has agreed to license to Comcast and no one else (no joint owners, no third parties), but also wants a presence at the Universal park located in it's homeland. Rather than possibly burn a bridge with Nintendo (which holds grudges), they did the smart thing and took majority ownership of Universal Japan.

Reactions: korytowski8
I would love a traditional dark ride themed to the Mario series. Even something similar to Splash Mountain would work, imo. The final drop could be in Bowser's Castle. I'd sell my soul to let that, Mario Kart, and potentially Donkey Kong/Luigi's Mansion coexist.

Reactions: martymcflyy85