Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mabh4.gif

Ok, so its that tech. Not surprised, just didn't occur to me of that before.

I'm still thinking that Japan will be the first park to get Nintendo-anything.

The news of Comcast taking 51% stake in the Japan park is 100% related to Nintendo's licensing agreement. In simple terms, Nintendo has agreed to license to Comcast and no one else (no joint owners, no third parties), but also wants a presence at the Universal park located in it's homeland. Rather than possibly burn a bridge with Nintendo (which holds grudges), they did the smart thing and took majority ownership of Universal Japan.
That's a lot of eggs to put into the Nintendo basket it seems...am I really the only person who doesn't see the mass appeal of this at all? Like at least with Harry Potter even though I hate it I knew it would be a killer land and make a ton of money. But Nintendo....I just don't get it :shrug:

That's a lot of eggs to put into the Nintendo basket it seems...am I really the only person who doesn't see the mass appeal of this at all? Like at least with Harry Potter even though I hate it I knew it would be a killer land and make a ton of money. But Nintendo....I just don't get it :shrug:

Nintendo is huge. Massive. (Insert GIF)

This is considered the last remaining big IP. This will be amazing and Nintendo knows this too. Can't wait! And then again wait!

Combine my hint with what Snayberry said and we're getting somewhere.

I heard they are still working out the kinks on how Mario Cart will work. Something along the lines of being interactive like a mixture of Harry Potter FJ and Toy Story Midway Mania. Like if you shoot a shell at another cart they will start spinning around and etc.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Mario Kart (yes, its spelled with a K) is one attraction that I don't mind screens. Mainly because there is really no other way to do it. But I totally agree with the earlier poster as well in that I'd much rather have a Super Mario Dark ride with a final battle inside Bowser's castle. BUT I'm not complaining. :) I'll take anything Nintendo and Mario Kart does indeed have me very excited.

Reactions: captainmoch
If I'm interpreting that picture right, does this mean Mario Kart will be a traditional go-kart, with on-board screens/musion/effects for items? And some physical elements too, which is where the FJ comparison comes from? If so... count me the heck in!

Reactions: martymcflyy85
No way your seeing a real Go-Kart attraction in Universal. Money; the stentch of gas, and refurbing the karts so often would be why.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Universal's first mini autonomous vehicle. I do not know this at all and I am just trying to think like UC. It is what I would shoot for to create a more random experience. What do you all think?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Universal's first mini autonomous vehicle. I do not know this at all and I am just trying to think like UC. It is what I would shoot for to create a more random experience. What do you all think?

The closest thing i'd think be possible for a Autonomous vehicle is a Trackless dark ride.

Why cant we have a trackless ride system, where 4 cars, 4 people in each car, race side by side. For example, it starts off like FJ, everyone in an individual screen, but it ends in a radiator springs type race.

When you ride, you choose what character you want to be with the tablet screen in front of you. Then those characters appear on the projected ride screen.

My shot-in-the-blue-not-likely theory: There will be four trackless "go-kart" vehicles, each sitting a few people. The ride begins like RSR, except interactive. So you are tracklessly guided through the Mushroom Kingdom, and as you go through you choose interactive elements. For example, you choose the character you want to "represent", such as Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Toad/Yoshi/etc., and it changes that car's emblem to that character's logo. Then, you reach the point where you race, and here, now YOU take the wheel for a 45-60 second long race segment. It would probably go relatively slow, but fast paced enough to make it exciting. 1-2 riders might drive while 1-2 might manage items, which would be done via screens on the kart. And in order to stop backup, there can be a system where if someone doesn't move their car at all for one reason or another, it is tracklessly guided to the finish line, albeit a bit slower so nobody can just cheat and win while not racing.

Why cant we have a trackless ride system, where 4 cars, 4 people in each car, race side by side.

You just gave me an idea... how about an unlevel track... constant 6' dips and rises... up and down instead of the same flat ride. Is there any other dark ride that does this? Not sure if the battery tech (which I only recently learned of) could handle that... but if it could!

Reactions: martymcflyy85
It's not out of the field of possibility..the only problem is that i'm wondering how big are the batteries for Trackless systems? As that'd be a good deciding point on if it could work.