Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 559 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The trouble comes when trying to adapt a fighting franchise to a theme park. A ride concept would be pretty tough to come up with and if they go the show route it would require extremely state of the art costumes/puppets/effects/whatever that I doubt they’d have the budget for.

Eh, you could make a pretty compelling Smash Bros attraction with the Transformers/Spider-Man tech. Not sure how you frame the experience, but that show system allows for plenty of kinetic, overwhelming action.

Ok, so what’s the story then?

Easy, Legendary heroes are summoned to partake in the battle of your life; as the attraction is a compilation of sorts, of some of the most popular Smash Bros. characters, stages, and music pieces of all time; as Master Hand and Crazy Hand are set to bring order to the Universe. Almost like Mario Kart, but with a story and no AR.

It could work very well in a simple TF Multi-floored style attraction, with each stage incorporated via the "Stage Morph" as a part of the attraction.

Include Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Star Fox, and I would honestly see no reason to put in a third party. And even if they went towards the notion of third party's coming in to allow their characters into the ride, it'd be quite easy with the likes of SEGA (who controls Bayo, Sonic, and Persona).

Reactions: shiekra38
A new vilian has emerged to take Super Nintendo World into darkness. Become a challenger and save the world before it is too late.Use items, team up with other challengers, and fight to defeat Disnwarngateny and Soegasoftcom along with their evil creations and become the heroes of the world.
Easy, Legendary heroes are summoned to partake in the battle of your life; as the attraction is a compilation of sorts, of some of the most popular Smash Bros. characters, stages, and music pieces of all time; as Master Hand and Crazy Hand are set to bring order to the Universe. Almost like Mario Kart, but with a story and no AR.

It could work very well in a simple TF Multi-floored style attraction, with each stage incorporated via the "Stage Morph" as a part of the attraction.

Include Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Star Fox, and I would honestly see no reason to put in a third party. And even if they went towards the notion of third party's coming in to allow their characters into the ride, it'd be quite easy with the likes of SEGA (who controls Bayo, Sonic, and Persona).
That’s not Smash Bros. Smash Bros is all about the characters fighting each other (well the main bit anyway) in a huge mish mash world and it goes out of its way to point out it’s not the actual “real” characters fighting. It’s dolls/trophies/etc. brought to life. SNW is about the “real” characters.

That’s not Smash Bros. Smash Bros is all about the characters fighting each other (well the main bit anyway) in a huge mish mash world and it goes out of its way to point out it’s not the actual “real” characters fighting. It’s dolls/trophies/etc. brought to life. SNW is about the “real” characters.

I would still argue that it'd make sense, even without the context of the dolls/trophies.

It's still one of the biggest media crossovers in entertainment (if not, the biggest), and while it could be a bit of a difficult chance..I don't discount the notion of it entirely.

Reactions: therock
I would still argue that it'd make sense, even without the context of the dolls/trophies.

It's still one of the biggest media crossovers in entertainment (if not, the biggest), and while it could be a bit of a difficult chance..I don't discount the notion of it entirely.
I just don’t want people to be disappointed when it doesn’t happen. Prepare yourselves. Just like I did with Metroid :(

I just don’t want people to be disappointed when it doesn’t happen. Prepare yourselves. Just like I did with Metroid :(

Honestly, I don't see it happening. In-fact, I'd be shocked if it ever comes to fruition. But with Nintendo, part of me is always waiting to see what comes from the side of the curtain (Even if it'd eventually be Universal's call aswell).

Is there anyone who provides construction updates in Japan? Ive been looking but can't seem to find many updates on it. I believe this is like a year away from opening so Id assume some progress has been made?

Reactions: therock
Is there anyone who provides construction updates in Japan? Ive been looking but can't seem to find many updates on it. I believe this is like a year away from opening so Id assume some progress has been made?
What you see here on the Japan park threads is probably close to what's out there. There's a couple of IU posters that post as soon as a video or photos come out.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Hoping this doesn't break any rules, but themeparx has some of the most recent construction photos. The Beijing pics should also give you a taste of what to expect for FW.

From Facebook:

64556596_2180099632088999_6723919963591016448_n.jpg

"I was watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone on SyFy and during the commercial, they were talking about Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure and I looked in the background and saw a surprise."

I'll stand by the guess that MK is being done partly from the folks at LifeFormations, considering it's essentially them jumping right off of Hagrid in-favor for another UC project on the flick of a dime.

Makes me curious if they'll be apart of Pets as-well, if I'm honest.

I'll stand by the guess that MK is being done partly from the folks at LifeFormations, considering it's essentially them jumping right off of Hagrid in-favor for another UC project on the flick of a dime.

Makes me curious if they'll be apart of Pets as-well, if I'm honest.
All the Hagrid animatronics are well done, I can only imagine how well done and lifelike their indoor animatronics are.