Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 592 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty disappointing that the only Pokémon themed ride is….a retheme of the Woody Woodpecker coaster. At least that’s what it looks like. At the very least it should be USF’s answer to SLoP.

I understand that those plans are old and things have likely changed as that was before Covid, but surely they have more for Pokémon than just a retheme of a Vekoma roller skater? That seems like a totally Six Flags move.

Zelda ride looks legit. If they were smart, they would have the E-ticket focus on Breath of the Wild and the surrounding land on Ocarina of Time.

Pretty disappointing that the only Pokémon themed ride is….a retheme of the Woody Woodpecker coaster. At least that’s what it looks like. At the very least it should be USF’s answer to SLoP.

I understand that those plans are old and things have likely changed as that was before Covid, but surely they have more for Pokémon than just a retheme of a Vekoma roller skater? That seems like a totally Six Flags move.

Zelda ride looks legit. If they were smart, they would have the E-ticket focus on Breath of the Wild and the surrounding land on Ocarina of Time.

To me, it looks like it shows a big building added to the N/NE. And the concept mockups look like it might be a suspended coaster. That could mean one of the powered mack coasters.

Reactions: Alicia
Wow. All the things I’ve said about these in the flesh. Pretty cool.

Yes, the last plan for Orlandos Pokemon ride was a Mack Powered Invert. And no, I don’t think the designers thought it was the best ride system for the property, but was being mandated from above.

Weirdto think they would keep (and retheme) Woodys coaster, right in front of another family coaster though. Leads me to believe all of the surrounding supporting attractions may have been exploratory and the plans were never locked down.

Zelda ride. Now that one the designers thought was fitting for the IP. So of course it was canceled first.

If Universal wants my money forever you do whatever it is you need to do to build that Zelda attraction. Like, full stop. That looks like the best thing ever potentially. Fits IOA like a glove.

Reactions: therock
This doesn''t make much sense to me. Should probably be BOTW all the way. It's far and away the best selling game in the series, and already incorporates stuff from the rest of the series.

I’m not a fan of how Universal puts evac platforms under the entire thing. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into what we see in Beijing. Feels like that was more of a "All this track goes over guest areas" thing, as the evac track goes away once it goes outside.

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into what we see in Beijing. Feels like that was more of a "All this track goes over guest areas" thing, as the evac track goes away once it goes outside.
There’s evac track under the entire ET Adventure ride when it’s not at ground level. They’ve always been like this.

But yea, maybe it could be better. If it’s a lot of dark ride inside, I’d be cool with it, but those I spoke to thought it was the wrong ride system for this property.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nico
The plans have a lot of interactive side attractions. The ropes course for Zelda looks fun with great rock work. The Pokémon interactive walkthrough looks interesting. Both attractions seem like they have obstacles.

The plans have a lot of interactive side attractions. The ropes course for Zelda looks fun with great rock work. The Pokémon interactive walkthrough looks interesting. Both attractions seem like they have obstacles.
Probably because this particular design firm was tasked to pitch that type of supporting attractions. Doesn’t mean that’s what they would’ve gone with for both, or either. Lots of concepts were pitched.

The thing I note the most is Pokémon seems the most for children and younger kids, SNW is for everyone, and Zelda is more for teens/adults.

Perfect 3 way combo.

Was this Pokemon coaster concept going to involve dark ride elements (sets, show scenes, animatronics)? Or is was it "just" a coaster?
Given the majority of it was set within a building, I would venture a guess it would have scenes or scenery. My guess would be something closer to Arthur at Europa Park than the new Flyers ride at Universal Beijing.

The thing I note the most is Pokémon seems the most for children and younger kids, SNW is for everyone, and Zelda is more for teens/adults.

Perfect 3 way combo.
People say this about Pokemon but I bet you most Go players and half if not more the people buying the base games are not kids.

My friends and I still play Pokemon and we are 20-30s. I think if Universal is smart is to make Pokemon have Family rides but give it a E ticket of some sort for all ages to enjoy

I was hoping for MK/MIB but with catching Pokemon

Buuut, I think the Mack Invert is a fun concept and the sensations would probably feel different than some other rides around the resort

My big question is, what would the story be?