Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the mushroom themed cupcakes are about the only thing that I'd say are a safe bet. Maybe some turtle sundays and turtle candies?

But other than sweets, I think any food items would be hard to have a solid theme. They could go italian/pizza since mario and luigi appear to be italian. They could even have a mushroom pizza. But in this PC society we are living in, would they go for the stereotypical option?
How is that anti-PC?

Last edited:
I can't think of many Mario dining options, although the Roost in Animal Crossing comes to mind when it comes to making a good cafe/bakery. They could even have an AA of K.K. Slider perform, Cosmic Ray style.

Also, Zelda could have specialty drinks in the form of potions, Lon Lon Milk, etc.

Meant to type anti-PC. My point still stands though. Pizza is Italian, Mario is Italian, they go hand in hand. Having a Mexican restaurant themed to Mario makes no sense.

I agree completely. But people are gonna complain about anything.

Mario has never had pizza in his games and its America. It wouldn't be if someone was offended.

I mean, look at the idiots who complain about gore and adult themes at HHN.

How is that anti-PC?

Just seems like these days, that if you associate any ethnic group with anything it offends someone. "Oh we're italian, so all we know how to do is cook pizza?"

Personally, I think the whole PC movement is idiotic, but with social media and the way things spread, Corporations have to pay attention to everything.

Reactions: misterID
Yeah, I think if you're worried people are going to think a Mario themed pizza is somehow offensive or 'not PC', you're probably being a little too sensitive in the opposite direction.

If that was the case, we wouldn't have British-type food in WWOHP

Marioland isn't set in Italy. WWOHP is set in London. Big difference.

And I'm not saying they can't do italian, just the PC aspect is something to consider as the food type isn't represented in the series.

Nobody complains about "Luigi's" over at Fast Food Boulevard, so I doubt anyone would complain about a Mario themed Italian food place, when Mario has been Italian (of, a Mushroom Kingdom world equivalent) from pretty much the start.

Reactions: misterID
I doubt very much that they'd go for a 'New York Pizza' Vibe restaurant, what with the pre-existing New York section already in the park ( which is about to get more attention via the Fallon ride).

With 90% of the American's being "picky eaters" the themed cupcakes are a sure bet or Princess Peach Powdered Pancakes, Mario's Pipe-fitters Fudge, Donkey Kong Banana Waffles, Link's Lemonade, Pikmin's Mac 'n Cheese, Bowsers Bopping Burgers.
Like Potter the facade on the lake side could be a representation of Akihabara in Tokyo, Japan with Big Wong a great sushi restaurant and sake bar for the more developed taste and Big Wok a Panda Express for who want their food fried. And Big Wang hot dog stand could finish this off.

Just seems like these days, that if you associate any ethnic group with anything it offends someone. "Oh we're italian, so all we know how to do is cook pizza?"

Personally, I think the whole PC movement is idiotic, but with social media and the way things spread, Corporations have to pay attention to everything.
Social media is pretty much the septic tank of humanity.

the only thing Italian about Mario and Luigi, are the names. There is no reference to any Italian heritage or references to Italian foods in any of the games.

As far as a themed food area, I think they could probably come up with some drinks, like a "Power up Punch" or a "1-upcake" cupcake shaped like a green mushroom.

other then that, I would think it would be just standard American fare.

That's the movie. There is no back story for Mario or Luigi.
Didn't the instruction manual from the first game say he came to the Mushroom Kingdom from Brooklyn through a pipe or something?

EDIT: Never mind, I just looked it up, it doesn't say anything like that.

Reactions: ynnoj
the only thing Italian about Mario and Luigi, are the names. There is no reference to any Italian heritage or references to Italian foods in any of the games.

As far as a themed food area, I think they could probably come up with some drinks, like a "Power up Punch" or a "1-upcake" cupcake shaped like a green mushroom.

other then that, I would think it would be just standard American fare.

That's the movie. There is no back story for Mario or Luigi.

Q&A: 'Mario' creator Shigeru Miyamoto

The guy who invented him thinks Mario is Italian and from New York. Apparently its not a big deal, but it is true.