Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No doubt we'll probably see this on our windshield at some point. :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

Well well well...I was gone for 5 days on vacation and came back to this great info from you guys. I have something else that might get your gears going - this tech/ride system was first planned out for a different ride that will hopefully still be a future development.

Mario Kart is going to use it first though. You can probably guess the other ride based off the details made here recently - trackless, interactivity/degree of control, and musion per-vehicle.

The fact that Trackless dark rides like this will have more for UOR makes me excited. Unlimited ride-possibilitys here..but why do I have a feeling the next is for IOA and not USF? I can be wrong and I hope I am, as it'd be fun to be surprised of the location.

Confidential to who? At best, Uni could only claim that the info filled out by the recipient is confidential.

Otherwise, it is merely unsolicited junk mail.

But perhaps that is yet another policy on this site.
Yeah, we aren't TMs here, working to protect Universal.

And what is on that survey will make it out regardless of if it says "confidential" or not.

Not even sure how it could reflect negatively on OU as it's the USERS that post things. You can either let things get posted here or force people to go over to the magical site to find out the details when things like this occur.

Yeah, we aren't TMs here, working to protect Universal.

And what is on that survey will make it out regardless of if it says "confidential" or not.

Not even sure how it could reflect negatively on OU as it's the USERS that post things. You can either let things get posted here or force people to go over to the magical site to find out the details when things like this occur.

I'll let legal contact you next time then so you can sort it out with them. :thumbsup:

I'll let legal contact you next time then so you can sort it out with them. :thumbsup:
I'd be more than willing to take the chance if I were running the site. As long as the site doesn't specifically condone or post about it themselves, then it's all just talk between the Users. Pretty much every other forum allows info from these types of surveys to be posted and i've yet to hear about any of those sites face lawsuits and none are putting stops to the chatter about it either.

Point is: Users will be Users. Universal puts much of this stuff out there because they WANT it to be talked about. Don't fool yourself.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Hmm... perhaps the magic site isn't concerned because they are a UK company. They never react to such posts. That said, I have never seen anyone post engineering plans there prior to an attraction opening.

Reactions: Nick
Hmm... perhaps the magic site isn't concerned because they are a UK company. They never react to such posts. That said, I have never seen anyone post engineering plans there prior to an attraction opening.
Exactly, and plans have been posted here yet no one seems to have a problem with that. It just seems to be a bit of a double standard as far as i'm concerned.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'd be more than willing to take the chance if I were running the site. As long as the site doesn't specifically condone or post about it themselves, then it's all just talk between the Users. Pretty much every other forum allows info from these types of surveys to be posted and i've yet to hear about any of those sites face lawsuits and none are putting stops to the chatter about it either.

Point is: Users will be Users. Universal puts much of this stuff out there because they WANT it to be talked about. Don't fool yourself.

I don't think you realize my point...

They have contacted us before about surveys. I'd rather not have them knocking on my door again. You can step down from the podium now.

I spoke to an Owl who confirmed to me that there may or may not have been an email sent to an email box that may or may not have been mine. Oh no, I can't say more because I don't want to get my sources in trouble. But I will give a random statement that will be considered a clue, but it will be so random that 60 percent of you won't understand what I"m even talking about. Honey Nut Cheerios.:bonk:

Reactions: fryoj
OU has the option to discourage people from posting information about surveys, as well as deleting "confidential information" shared. If they don't do these things, OU may not be on the best side of Uni's legal department.

Yes, some other sites get away with it. There are a plethora of reasons, not all of them fair, associated with each case. But that's the situation and I can't blame the OU staff for protecting themselves.