Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 600 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then I'm in the Minority , if you guys want the Tram to just be what it is cool. I've said my peace on that and Nintendo

Locals are also not the life blood of the park. That's patently false. An overwhelming majority of the park's guest mix is tourists.
Do we have numbers on that?

I thought all southern CA parks would make no where near the same amount without AP's

Do we have numbers on that?

I thought all southern CA parks would make no where near the same amount without AP's

Publicly? No. But it's the truth.

Knott's, Disneyland, and Magic Mountain all depend more heavily on locals. USH has always been a tourist park.

Reactions: Jonathan
I hope Universal theme parks win over the studio at USH, like I'm sorry but most movies are filmed off site or at least they never talk on the tour about what the studio is being used for so rather the space be used for something for the parks over more sound stages that could be build anywhere.
Um, just flat out no. Movies are still filmed at Uni, TV shows occupy just about every stage and acre of the backlot when the town is busy. They make so much money off rentals (equipment, transportation and locations) that it would make no sense to do that.

This idea needs to die. Why can’t you be happy that at least some stages will be available for theme park expansion in the future? We haven’t even gotten that yet and you want more.

Also, it costs a crap load of money to build things offsite and maintain it. There’s just no reason to do it, plain and simple

Um, just flat out no. Movies are still filmed at Uni, TV shows occupy just about every stage and acre of the backlot when the town is busy. They make so much money off rentals (equipment, transportation and locations) that it would make no sense to do that.

This idea needs to die. Why can’t you be happy that at least some stages will be available for theme park expansion in the future? We haven’t even gotten that yet and you want more.

Also, it costs a crap load of money to build things offsite and maintain it. There’s just no reason to do it, plain and simple
Because the Park also drives in people, if Pokemon, Zelda and Animal Crossing can get the same crowds as SNW then it's a good

If it's making money and that's the goal then we win, We the guest's don't win by having more studio. It's all back end stuff that can't for whatever legal reasons be added to the tour

I will just die on the hill that, sound stages can literally be anywhere but USH is stuck. It can't move and if it's between a sound stage and another ride that will keep the park packed then I'm for another attraction

I don't want WB studio to merge with USH but at least if it does they can move pretty much all the stuff near the lower lot to WB and we can get WAY more lands and attractions then we ever thought we could.

It's funny to me to see so many push for thing's WE will never see, unless you work at the studio I don't even see why you would want to argue with this idea....so you rather things get films over you getting more lands and attractions?

It's funny to me to see so many push for thing's WE will never see, unless you work at the studio I don't even see why you would want to argue with this idea....so you rather things get films over you getting more lands and attractions?

It is a working studio AND a theme park. They're obviously willing to expand the theme park, but not at the risk of the studio. They still are Universal Studios, and that's home base. There's gotta be realistic expectations here.

so you rather things get films over you getting more lands and attractions?
yes, I would prefer that one of the oldest backlots of all time continue to exist rather than getting a couple of theme park rides if it were to come down to a binary choice like this.

or, alternatively, we can have both a good theme park that can continue to grow and develop on its small footprint and one of the oldest backlots of all time. sounds good to me!

It is a working studio AND a theme park. They're obviously willing to expand the theme park, but not at the risk of the studio. They still are Universal Studios, and that's home base. There's gotta be realistic expectations here.
1) Sure but we are on Forums...We can say this is realistic but also I would want more rides...people here seem they rather things be filmed in studios we will never see over another E ticket and land?
2) I'm not saying move all sound stages but the ones near the lower lot can go, They Built a good amount of new ones, so someone correct me if I'm wrong if you took out all sound stages until you get to Transformers that we'd have the same number of sound stages as we did years go before they built all those new studios near NY sets/the good place filming location

Some people want this place to just be the cute little theme park it has been for 30 years, but I've been to HHN, during the summer and Grinchmas their are massive amount's of people who want to be at the Park...so instead of playing attraction Bingo, what if we could keep the Mummy but also get another family coaster? Wouldn't that be just better?

That's just my thought process on it, but while some see history in sound stages they already go rid of the oldest one...and once filming is done they become just empty buildings so I have zero nostalgia for the sound stages

1) Sure but we are on Forums...We can say this is realistic but also I would want more rides...people here seem they rather things be filmed in studios we will never see over another E ticket and land?
2) I'm not saying move all sound stages but the ones near the lower lot can go, They Built a good amount of new ones, so someone correct me if I'm wrong if you took out all sound stages until you get to Transformers that we'd have the same number of sound stages as we did years go before they built all those new studios near NY sets/the good place filming location

Some people want this place to just be the cute little theme park it has been for 30 years, but I've been to HHN, during the summer and Grinchmas their are massive amount's of people who want to be at the Park...so instead of playing attraction Bingo, what if we could keep the Mummy but also get another family coaster? Wouldn't that be just better?

That's just my thought process on it, but while some see history in sound stages they already go rid of the oldest one...and once filming is done they become just empty buildings so I have zero nostalgia for the sound stages

Jerrod, you need to take a break from the Nintendo threads for a bit.

I’ll correct you, cuz you are wrong. Do you not realize that entire part of the front lot isn’t just “stages.” There is studio support facilities, offices and so much more. That is like the BASE OF OPERATIONS on the lot, and is also where all the entrance gates are.

No there wouldn’t be the same number of stages, because the stages over by the front of the park have actually all been renovated for the last fifteen years and, until the new stages were built, were the best on the lot.

Just think back to how USH used to be: 3 rides and a bunch of shows, and the tour. We are so lucky to live in a world where they have grown exponentially over the last decade. It’s a slow process to make grand changes.

I don’t get where you got the no new rides thing from, as I have stated many times parts of the studio will be razed for theme park development. Unless they put picnic tables in that spot, you can bet the farm that there will be new rides, or lands built.

Also… Uni has been so creative working with limited space for years, they shine in that regard. They’ll figure out how to expand without removing, quite literally, half the studio that you mentioned “up to transformers.”

This isn’t Roller Coaster Tycoon, it’s real life and you’re comparing apples to oranges. They also have to pay upkeep, maintenance, staffing and so many more things on top of that to build new attractions or expansion spots in the park. The lot just sits there, costs the studio next to nothing, and rakes in the dough. Plus any production on the lot is required to use the studio services and rentals that also just sit there and make money. Add in demolition costs, construction costs for new stages and new park space and the price is so high that ROI would be decades out and not something corporations wanna do anymore with the “quarterly earnings” mindset.

I agree with Brian. Take a hiatus from this thread and try to think about this realistically.

So would love honest opinions here on this idea I had.
Let's say by 2030 they announce a Legend of Zelda addition.
How would people feel about 2 sections? Like Harry Potter has with Universal and Islands.
What if Epic Universe builds Hyrule Castle and the town, as well as Kokiri Forest.

Then Islands of Adventure builds Death Mountain and Hyrule Field or something?
I'd say Zelda is the first property of Nintendo that would be efit from a bigger scale layout for a theme park with how much there is with the franchise. But wasn't sure if that sounds like a good idea or would interest people?

Because with a Zelda theme park, the hard decision is: "What to include for it and what gets excluded?" What's the best idea for a ride? Kokiri Forest kiddie coaster?
Death Mountain fire Temple Coaster?
Inside Hyrule Castle dark ride?

How would people feel about 2 sections? Like Harry Potter has with Universal and Islands.
What if Epic Universe builds Hyrule Castle and the town, as well as Kokiri Forest.

I'd say Zelda is the first property of Nintendo that would be efit from a bigger scale layout for a theme park with how much there is with the franchise. But wasn't sure if that sounds like a good idea or would interest people?

Because with a Zelda theme park, the hard decision is: "What to include for it and what gets excluded?" What's the best idea for a ride? Kokiri Forest kiddie coaster?
I think if any Nintendo franchise gets two Orlando lands in different parks, it'll be Pokemon or Mario and not Zelda. Zelda is simply more niche than Zelda, no matter how much there is to represent.

I also don't think we'll see any double dipping on Nintendo with the Orlando parks anyways.

Reactions: IzzyB and IndyRs

If they’re creative enough with the space you can have Castle Town at the front of Lost Continent up to Poseidon and then Kokiri Forest/The Lost Woods taking over the remainder and making for a seamless transition to Hogsmeade. The only way I see them having Death Mountain is if it’s a location we visit during the main E Ticket and/or as a forced perspective effect behind the land like the mountains of Skull Island.
I think if any Nintendo franchise gets two Orlando lands in different parks, it'll be Pokemon or Mario and not Zelda. Zelda is simply more niche than Zelda, no matter how much there is to represent.

I also don't think we'll see any double dipping on Nintendo with the Orlando parks anyways.
The only double dipping will be the rumored Luigi’s Mansion expansion but that’ll be in the same park as Mario.

Reactions: TylerG and IndyRs
The only double dipping will be the rumored Luigi’s Mansion expansion but that’ll be in the same park as Mario.
I could see there being expansions to the currently rumored lands, but building two Pokemon lands in both USF and Epic or something to that effect seems unlikely to me, even as the biggest franchise of all time. Let alone Zelda. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mike S
I could see there being expansions to the currently rumored lands, but building two Pokemon lands in both USF and Epic or something to that effect seems unlikely to me, even as the biggest franchise of all time. Let alone Zelda. That's all I'm saying.
Yeah that was partially my point.

I mean, while it's unlikely Universal will most likely follow the money. I doubt we get two Zelda lands....if the first land packs people in and sells merch I see no reason most Nintendo IP's can't get a second land

Zelda Breathe of the wild to even ocean of time is pretty different let alone something like Wind Waker or Skyward sword....so it can be done but will be based on how much the land seems to generate for the company and how willing Nintendo is to let other IPS become rides/land.

Like Nintendo has a ton of IP that COULD be lands or rides but will they be? Who knows Kibry, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and super smash are all BIg but will they come to the parks? F Zero, Star Fox and Metriod are all great for theme parks but don't have a huge base

Japan is also just a different beast the fact they get anime attractions but the US doesn't shows they are willing to cater to different countries unlike say Disney which seems for the most part to want to just clone things that can be used in Paris just as easily as the US.

Sorry for the long post here, but the Epic Universe news this week with the reveal of Celestial Park really got me thinking about how future Nintendo expansions would fit into this park.

We know that a mini land themed to Luigi's Mansion is currently rumored to be one of the first things that could possibly be added after opening day. But I think even once we account for that there will still be a lot of vacant land left in that expansion pad for at least 1 more Nintendo area before its all filled in.

Honestly, after looking at how SNW has been represented in the park so far, I do get the feeling that they aren't gonna step outside of the Mario "family" of characters at Epic. Between the unique portal to Super Nintendo World just for this park being entirely Mario themed with the powerups and characters, alongside the Nintendo store in the hub again being so intricately tied to Mario and friends. I know they do have Pikmin cameos in the land but it would just be weird to be like "oh yeah we built a Kirby land that you have to find after you go through the Mario portal that also has the big Mario gift shop when you exit it."

I really feel like the stars are aligning (pun intended) for possibly the final expansion for Nintendo at Epic being themed to Mario Galaxy just because it fits the theme of Epic and Celestial Park so perfectly. That theme blends Mario with exploring outer space which you already get the vibes of looking at the Nintendo store just outside the land which has constellations of characters on the ceiling, or the Chronos entry way to Celestial Park which will also have a Mario themed medallion on it. (It looks to be a Superstar in the art?)

Finally, similar to how there's some minor winks and nods to Luigi's Mansion in the main Super Nintendo World which may have kinda foreshadowed that expansion, there's also a couple Easter eggs referencing Mario Galaxy like with Rosalina, the Comet Observatory, Starship Mario, and so on. So I have to be wondering how much Universal Creative has thought about those games when designing for that original land however many years ago and if there was ever a bigger desire to represent them beyond the Easter eggs.

Sorry for the long post here, but the Epic Universe news this week with the reveal of Celestial Park really got me thinking about how future Nintendo expansions would fit into this park.

We know that a mini land themed to Luigi's Mansion is currently rumored to be one of the first things that could possibly be added after opening day. But I think even once we account for that there will still be a lot of vacant land left in that expansion pad for at least 1 more Nintendo area before its all filled in.

Honestly, after looking at how SNW has been represented in the park so far, I do get the feeling that they aren't gonna step outside of the Mario "family" of characters at Epic. Between the unique portal to Super Nintendo World just for this park being entirely Mario themed with the powerups and characters, alongside the Nintendo store in the hub again being so intricately tied to Mario and friends. I know they do have Pikmin cameos in the land but it would just be weird to be like "oh yeah we built a Kirby land that you have to find after you go through the Mario portal that also has the big Mario gift shop when you exit it."

I really feel like the stars are aligning (pun intended) for possibly the final expansion for Nintendo at Epic being themed to Mario Galaxy just because it fits the theme of Epic and Celestial Park so perfectly. That theme blends Mario with exploring outer space which you already get the vibes of looking at the Nintendo store just outside the land which has constellations of characters on the ceiling, or the Chronos entry way to Celestial Park which will also have a Mario themed medallion on it. (It looks to be a Superstar in the art?)

Finally, similar to how there's some minor winks and nods to Luigi's Mansion in the main Super Nintendo World which may have kinda foreshadowed that expansion, there's also a couple Easter eggs referencing Mario Galaxy like with Rosalina, the Comet Observatory, Starship Mario, and so on. So I have to be wondering how much Universal Creative has thought about those games when designing for that original land however many years ago and if there was ever a bigger desire to represent them beyond the Easter eggs.
Space Fantasy Mario Galaxy.

Reactions: Nico and Gartooth
Yoshi's Island could've served as a perfect additional mini-land if the main area didn't already include the Yoshi's Adventure attraction.

Reactions: Gartooth