Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 601 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who knows if the Tech will ever be there but if they could suspend you somehow and you fly around like Mario in Mario Galaxy then I'm in.

Galaxy is like the Mario 64 of the Gen Z Generation and I know it holds a special place in many people hearts

Reactions: Gartooth
A land themed to Galaxy could also look stunning at night with all the illumination and potential for projection mapping on objects in the land like stars and such. Combine that with the symphonic scores those games were known for and I really think it could set itself apart from the Mushroom Kingdom.

Yoshi's Island could've served as a perfect additional mini-land if the main area didn't already include the Yoshi's Adventure attraction.

I agree, I feel like they had already played their hand on the Yoshi series of games that I'm not sure if they would then give it a dedicated land later, just because it would make Yoshi's Adventure feel obsolete.

Last edited:
Anyone have the size of the expansion pad? @Alicia?

The way I’m imagining this is a wooded area that takes you to the Mansion, and then going further takes you to the landed Comet Observatory. Basically imagine The Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain in the woods and there’s trees separating them. Also around the observatory are these Star Bit filled crystals and they’re somewhat interactive.
Galaxy_Crystal.png

Reactions: Gartooth and Nico
Holy crap, how did I never think about a Mario Galaxy mini-land?! That's the perfect way to get a more traditional Mario ride into the park. I doubt that entire area will be based on Luigi's Mansion.

Yes!! You could have a ride themed to flying through space and passing over different planets. It feels like the perfect way to integrate a more "Super Mario" themed attraction since the main ride in the Mushroom Kingdom was "Mario Kart".

Even for things like characters (Rosalina and the Lumas) and food (sweets themed to Star Bits) there's potential from the source material of those two games.

Anyone have the size of the expansion pad? @Alicia?

I want to say that the expansion pad is about 7 acres? In comparison the main Super Nintendo World is 7.5 to 8 acres. So definitely room for things besides Luigi's Mansion in there.

I believe those are the numbers from the last time I've checked Tommy Hawkins detailed maps of the property but I could be off a bit.

Mario Galaxy would be a perfect fit considering the Hub's theming if they want to stick with just Mario and Mario related series. Speaking of which, maybe they could do Wario instead? Probably a little too niche unfortunately. Or they could just do another Nintendo IP with its own portal and not connected to Mario + friends land, Animal Crosssing is massive now and doesn't need a lot of land to work. Half of 7 acres would be perfect for AC

Reactions: Gartooth
Mario Galaxy would be a perfect fit considering the Hub's theming if they want to stick with just Mario and Mario related series. Speaking of which, maybe they could do Wario instead? Probably a little too niche unfortunately. Or they could just do another Nintendo IP with its own portal and not connected to Mario + friends land, Animal Crosssing is massive now and doesn't need a lot of land to work. Half of 7 acres would be perfect for AC

I love Wario and do think they should figure out a way to include that character down the line even if it's a small cameo since it's weird he was snubbed from the Mario land without getting any recognition.

Giving a mini land to Wario's spinoff games is a tougher sell though than other character spinoffs in the Mario world given how much more niche it is than the rest. (Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, Luigi's Mansion)

Last edited:
I think the current lineup hits all of the major beats. A Yoshi's Island subland could work fine with rides for really little kids, but I also think Yoshi's Adventure represents that sub-franchise fine as well. I don't think any other Mario Spinoff series is anywhere near popular, relevant, or condusive enough to make a full expansion out of. If we end up with SMB+DKC+Mansion with a Mario Kart and Yoshi ride within those lands, that already feels incredibly well-rounded to me. No Wario Land or Paper Mario needed, they just wouldn't move the needle.

I think we'd need to see Galaxy 3 before a theme park land or ride is added. Galaxy was sold on Switch for less than a year, and Galaxy 2 wasn't brought back at all. Those games also released 15 to 20 years ago now. I think it's more likely the SMB subland stays as is for a good while.

I think the current lineup hits all of the major beats. A Yoshi's Island subland could work fine with rides for really little kids, but I also think Yoshi's Adventure represents that sub-franchise fine as well. I don't think any other Mario Spinoff series is anywhere near popular, relevant, or condusive enough to make a full expansion out of. If we end up with SMB+DKC+Mansion with a Mario Kart and Yoshi ride within those lands, that already feels incredibly well-rounded to me. No Wario Land or Paper Mario needed, they just wouldn't move the needle.

I think we'd need to see Galaxy 3 before a theme park land or ride is added. Galaxy was sold on Switch for less than a year, and Galaxy 2 wasn't brought back at all. Those games also released 15 to 20 years ago now. I think it's more likely the SMB subland stays as is for a good while.
Just a heads up Nintendo has also taken away many first party switch party's from stores....so Nintendo just does that sometimes
Like Nintendo want to pressure people into buying a Nintendo Collection, no idea if it worked but thats what they were doing and while they did stop selling it you could find the collection at most stores for a while after many times years

I agree I doubt we see Wario Ware Land or Paper Mario Land but Mario Party, Super Smash and the Mario Sports Pin off I think have a chance to be added to the parks, at some point not until after Zelda/Pokemon

Just a heads up Nintendo has also taken away many first party switch party's from stores....so Nintendo just does that sometimes
Like Nintendo want to pressure people into buying a Nintendo Collection, no idea if it worked but thats what they were doing and while they did stop selling it you could find the collection at most stores for a while after many times years

I agree I doubt we see Wario Ware Land or Paper Mario Land but Mario Party, Super Smash and the Mario Sports Pin off I think have a chance to be added to the parks, at some point not until after Zelda/Pokemon
They do, but my larger point is that the Galaxy games are really old at this point. Very few kids have access to them and we're most likely getting a new 3D Mario within the next two years. Unless that turns out to be Galaxy 3, I just can't see it happening. Sorry, fellow zoomers.

Smash could have some representation, but that is a completely different franchise (as well as a legal nightmare for Universal). I'd be curious to see what a Mario Party or Sports attraction would even look like haha.

Yeah with the Galaxy mini land talk I am thinking waaaaay far down the line of what the final evolution of SNW at EU could look like. For Nintendo there's years of expansions before then with probably Zelda, Pokémon, and Luigi's Mansion, so the mention of Galaxy is more blue sky on what could fill in the remaining expansion space for Nintendo after Luigi's Mansion.

I do agree that a Mario Galaxy 3 game is unlikely. Although I do think when it comes to the Mario film franchise, that adapting Galaxy is more a question of "when" rather than "if" with how heavily the movie set it up between the inclusion of Lumalee and Peach's line about how there is "a whole universe out there, with a lot of galaxies".

They do, but my larger point is that the Galaxy games are really old at this point. Very few kids have access to them and we're most likely getting a new 3D Mario within the next two years. Unless that turns out to be Galaxy 3, I just can't see it happening. Sorry, fellow zoomers.

Smash could have some representation, but that is a completely different franchise (as well as a legal nightmare for Universal). I'd be curious to see what a Mario Party or Sports attraction would even look like haha.
The land is based on the aesthetic of 3D World and NSMB which while both have ports on Switch it seems clear that Nintendo has moved on from both styles.

Also, I’m a millennial. Not a zoomer ;)

I’m sure there’s a lot of Galaxy fans that were 14 or 15 at the time it came out like I was.

I think people would be more than fine with what would essentially be a Mario Space Mountain even if they never played the Galaxy games.
Yeah with the Galaxy mini land talk I am thinking waaaaay far down the line of what the final evolution of SNW at EU could look like. For Nintendo there's years of expansions before then with probably Zelda, Pokémon, and Luigi's Mansion, so the mention of Galaxy is more blue sky on what could fill in the remaining expansion space for Nintendo after Luigi's Mansion.

I do agree that a Mario Galaxy 3 game is unlikely. Although I do think when it comes to the Mario film franchise, that adapting Galaxy is more a question of "when" rather than "if" with how heavily the movie set it up between the inclusion of Lumalee and Peach's line about how there is "a whole universe out there, with a lot of galaxies".
Lumalee needs to be present in a Star Bits candy shop.

I really would like to see something Metroid, I really dig the aesthetic.

Just don’t know what kind of attraction would be best to represent it…
Next gen Men in Black with an insane full body Ridley animatronic and King Kong style Kraid. You basically move through Zebes reenacting the events of the first game. Animatronic creatures throughout the ride and 3 “boss fight” segments with the 2 above and Mother Brain at the end.

I really would like to see something Metroid, I really dig the aesthetic.

Just don’t know what kind of attraction would be best to represent it…
Give us a meet and Greet

Test the Waters but I think Samus would draw people whether or not they know who she is. The suit is one of the best designs of any character ever

Would loveeeeeee a ride with a Ridley Anamatroinc

Reactions: Mike S
It's a shame that the entire Metroid franchise has sold less over 40 years than the last Pokemon game did in 1 year.
It is sad but not everything can have wide appeal. At the very least we’re out of the post Other M era where all we got was a chibi 3DS spinoff that no one wanted until that fateful day in 2017 where Metroid Prime 4 and Samus Returns were both announced. Then of course the amazing Metroid Dread which became the series best seller at over 3 million copies sold. I have a feeling Prime 4 can beat that.

It's a shame that the entire Metroid franchise has sold less over 40 years than the last Pokemon game did in 1 year.
True but the Remaster sold very well and once the next game comes out I'm sure that will be its break out hit

Fire Emblem on 3DS was that series last chance now its one of Nintendo bigger Money makers

So hopefully the next game and if they do a move it will move Metriod into the main stream

Reactions: Mike S
Next gen Men in Black with an insane full body Ridley animatronic and King Kong style Kraid. You basically move through Zebes reenacting the events of the first game. Animatronic creatures throughout the ride and 3 “boss fight” segments with the 2 above and Mother Brain at the end.
That’s what I was thinking as well, but MK already has shooting elements.
Kind of putting a hat on a hat.