Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if they would have a launch on the coaster where you are blasted out of a barrel.

Or you're part of the barrel.

Part of me is kind of relieved they're not expanding back there. I like the idea that they have that room in case they ever need it.

I wonder if they would have a launch on the coaster where you are blasted out of a barrel.
I really hope that happens. Makes a lot of sense thematically and a launched family coaster would be an excellent attraction as well as incredibly marketable (though Nintendo will be enough from a marketing perspective anyway).

Reactions: Mike S
So, if they were to do this coaster, what are the chances of a wooden one? The original JP rumor was for a Gravity Group coaster. But getting Rocky Mountain on board would be interesting.

Reactions: Scott W.
So, if they were to do this coaster, what are the chances of a wooden one? The original JP rumor was for a Gravity Group coaster. But getting Rocky Mountain on board would be interesting.

I would love to see a RMC coaster in the park but I don't think there would be enough room but then again, if it's family ride, they might not need as much room plus they can make launched wooden coasters now. Some of the vehicles look great as well, look at Lightning Rod for example:

I don't think Universal or Disney will ever build a real wooden coaster, but I wouldn't put it past either to build a fake wooden coaster. On the other hand, what is that coaster at DCA made out of? Regardless, I can see Universal going steel and then theming it wood.

I don't think Universal or Disney will ever build a real wooden coaster, but I wouldn't put it past either to build a fake wooden coaster. On the other hand, what is that coaster at DCA made out of? Regardless, I can see Universal going steel and then theming it wood.

California Screamin' is an Intamin coaster with a steel support structure painted white to look like a white wooden coaster.

Reactions: Mike S

From memory I'm sure California Screamin' was all steel. I took this in the queue:

CQmUkHO.jpg

I'm sure RMC are building a coaster this year with the same sort of set up. Steel supports similar to the construction of a wooden coaster with their wooden coaster track on top of it.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see Disney or Universal build a wooden coaster. They're a great choice for mid-level parks, but due to the relatively huge structural maintenance they require, not a solid choice for year round parks with consistent attendance. Also, Disney and Universal's audience is perhaps much broader, and the concept is less likely to chime with them, unfortunately.

Reactions: Scott W.

This. I think it'd be a steal coaster made to look like a rickety old mine cart

I wonder who would be up for making a steel version of Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain (LoCoSuMo for short)? Because that's the first coaster that comes to mind when I think of the DK mine cart levels. Obviously it would have to be higher capacity and it would be much better themed, but that's what I think of when the mine carts are mentioned.