Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 484 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Zelda for Orlando seems like it's going to be used. What I'm curious of is Osaka, and that I'll probably explain when it's best suited, but I get the feeling that Universal if they changed gears for Nintendo, they also changed the previous plans for Osaka when all of the problems were around UC.

Osaka, perhaps in a funny and poetic way, is the most important, due to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.

Zelda in Orlando might go for a 3rd park. I also believed that after the Osaka version is finished, I don't think there would be no SMW expansion to build more room, seeing that it's sandwiched between Hogsmeade, Jaws, and Waterworld. Super Nintendo World should at least include one character not part of the Mario universe, like Captain Falcon, Ness, or Kirby. Otherwise, there's no point of calling it SNW in the 1st place if it's just Mario and his pals (Yoshi, DK, Wario, etc).

Zelda in Orlando might go for a 3rd park. I also believed that after the Osaka version is finished, I don't think there would be no SMW expansion to build more room, seeing that it's sandwiched between Hogsmeade, Jaws, and Waterworld. Super Nintendo World should at least include one character not part of the Mario universe, like Captain Falcon, Ness, or Kirby. Otherwise, there's no point of calling it SNW in the 1st place if it's just Mario and his pals (Yoshi, DK, Wario, etc).

With nothing on my end of the spectrum, The Legend of Zelda, as it is rumored for a few, is poised to take over Lost Continent at Islands as a standalone area, as the Mushroom kingdom moves from the original intended Kidzone Plot to headline Gate 3 (excluding Volcano Bay).

Think of it, as how The Wizarding World of Harry Potter keeps the same name but differentiates given the park (Islands is Hogsmeade and USF is Diagon). It should act similarly, only excluding a mode of transport to get to the lands of-course; and should be titled simply as the most identifiable things relating to the properties, like say "Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom (SNW:MK)" & "Super Nintendo World: Hyrule" (SNW:H)

I also think you have a snowball's chance in hell for F-Zero & Earthbound/Mother to appear at Super Nintendo World.

With nothing on my end of the spectrum, The Legend of Zelda, as it is rumored for a few, is poised to take over Lost Continent at Islands as a standalone area, as the Mushroom kingdom moves from the original intended Kidzone Plot to headline Gate 3 (excluding Volcano Bay).

Think of it, as how The Wizarding World of Harry Potter keeps the same name but differentiates given the park (Islands is Hogsmeade and USF is Diagon). It should act similarly, only excluding a mode of transport to get to the lands of-course; and should be titled simply as the most identifiable things relating to the properties, like say "Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom (SNW:MK)" & "Super Nintendo World: Hyrule" (SNW:H)

I also think you have a snowball's chance in hell for F-Zero & Earthbound/Mother to appear at Super Nintendo World.

Not to mention, that will help with those who have no clue what Hyrule is. Associating it Nintendo will tell people what it is vs leaving them thinking its a generic land.

Not to mention, that will help with those who have no clue what Hyrule is. Associating it Nintendo will tell people what it is vs leaving them thinking its a generic land.

Yup, and even then, Universal Creative would probably have a way to perhaps make it identifiable, by using the Tri-Force's as part of the Entrance, similar to how the Warp Pipe's are being used for Mushroom Kingdom, to easily identify what the land is based off of, alongside the use of Nintendo in the name of land.

Yup, and even then, Universal Creative would probably have a way to perhaps make it identifiable, by using the Tri-Force's as part of the Entrance, similar to how the Warp Pipe's are being used for Mushroom Kingdom, to easily identify what the land is based off of, alongside the use of Nintendo in the name of land.

But if you don't know what Hyrule is, would you know what the tri-force is? Theres a whole lot of people who wouldn't recognize anything but the "Zelda" and a guy wearing green.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

I was referring to the Osaka park, not the one in Orlando. Orlando has a LOT more room to expand SNW from, just that the Japanese one might not include some of the non-Mario Nintendo characters in its SNW park in the future.

Not sure how, but could Universal possibly ever use Smash Bros.? It’s one of their most popular IPs, much more popular than Metroid and maybe even Kirby.

Not sure how, but could Universal possibly ever use Smash Bros.? It’s one of their most popular IPs, much more popular than Metroid and maybe even Kirby.

The only way that would make sense, is if if all the Nintendo properties were in one area, and not stretched out across the Orlando resort as it's rumored right now.

I was referring to the Osaka park, not the one in Orlando. Orlando has a LOT more room to expand SNW from, just that the Japanese one might not include some of the non-Mario Nintendo characters in its SNW park in the future.

I have to be curious about the shakeup post D23, as I have to wonder if Osaka may have more now into the lands planning, like say Donkey Kong Country and perhaps Pokemon? Food for thought, that's all.

Reactions: Mike S
They don’t need anything fancy like a warp pipe entrance. Just have a draw bridge entrance into the town like in Ocarina of Time from the Seuss side and put the Lost Woods/Korok Forest on the Hogsmeade side finally giving ours a real forested entrance due to the transition.
If they indeed do a Zelda land....when the time comes to open it....Universal & Nintendo will both do so much saturation marketing of the land, that nearly everyone will know it's NINTENDO & what it;s about. .
Breath of the Wild is already doing a bit of the marketing itself.

The only way that would make sense, is if if all the Nintendo properties were in one area, and not stretched out across the Orlando resort as it's rumored right now.

I have to be curious about the shakeup post D23, as I have to wonder if Osaka may have more now into the lands planning, like say Donkey Kong Country and perhaps Pokemon? Food for thought, that's all.
I can't remember the exact insider source, perhaps it was DH, but one of the insiders previously said the land's delays after D23 were due to Universal enhancing all three park's projected Nintendo builds. There were no specifics mentioned though. The question though is will that involve more rides or just "better" rides, and perhaps more ancillary things like restaurants, interactive gaming areas, etc.

Well, I’m hearing it’s pretty locked in for Nintendo at the new park. I also heard Zelda is pretty much a shoo-in for LC. Then some stuff about Pokémon at KZ. I also heard some more stuff but that’s what it’s looking like right now. Take it with a grain of salt, but I’m hearing stuff is pretty much locked.

Last edited:
Well, I’m hearing it’s pretty locked in for Nintendo at the new park. I also heard Zelda is pretty much a shoe in for LC. Then some stuff about Pokémon at KZ. I also heard some more stuff but that’s what it’s looking like right now. Take it with a grain of salt, but I’m hearing stuff is pretty much locked.
Confusing post for me. What is a shoe in?

1280px-Steeplechase-Pleasure_Beach_Blackpool-600x400.jpg

Why does this look extremely unsafe to me. The track looks like a twig, the horse is super high with very little support, and they look plastic.

I think a ride like that looks like it would be so much fun, but also super risky and potentially unsafe, I want to do it, but I feel like it would be a liability nightmare......

but someone please build it :grin:

This ride (At blackpool UK) was built by Arrow and has been operating since 1977.
As far as I'm aware there hasn't ever been a safety incident with it.

Well, I’m hearing it’s pretty locked in for Nintendo at the new park. I also heard Zelda is pretty much a shoo-in for LC. Then some stuff about Pokémon at KZ. I also heard some more stuff but that’s what it’s looking like right now. Take it with a grain of salt, but I’m hearing stuff is pretty much locked.
We’ve known since Nintendo employees were spotted at LC but still nice to hear. I still don’t like waiting longer for Mario. Any chance Zelda or Pokémon opens before the third park?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
wow...so Nintendo will be park 3 (or 4 if you're fancy). That sucks!

Well, Zelda should be at IOA, so technically, it isn't just going to Gate 3 (or 4, if people want to say that).

I can't remember the exact insider source, perhaps it was DH, but one of the insiders previously said the land's delays after D23 were due to Universal enhancing all three park's projected Nintendo builds. There were no specifics mentioned though. The question though is will that involve more rides or just "better" rides, and perhaps more ancillary things like restaurants, interactive gaming areas, etc.

That would make sense, given that was the vibe when I was recently chatting about Nintendo with one of my contacts.