What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo World Store Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a fair question, is today the Holidays media event; or is that actually tomorrow.

If it's being announced today, and if it is Media Day; I could see it more as if that they want to talk about the next 3 years. So that way, they have everyone in media there to know about Nintendo Coming to Los Angeles.

Even Osaka got the jump on revealing a glimpse of Nintendo before the ground break, but here we are; where Hollywood is seemingly now at ground break (or past that even), and we still have yet to see an official reveal of artwork or press.

Last edited:
Here's a fair question, is today the Holidays media event; or is that actually tomorrow.

If it's being announced today, and if it is Media Day; I could see it more as if that they want to talk about the next 3 years. So that way, they have everyone in media there to know about Nintendo Coming to Los Angeles.

Even Osaka got the jump on revealing a glimpse of Nintendo before the ground break, but here we are; where Hollywood is seemingly now at ground break (or past that even), and we still have yet to see an official reveal of artwork or press.

The Universal Way.

What time is the announcement tomorrow?

My sources told me last month, that they expected it to be announced today, but at no particular time. We are well into the afternoon now however, so even though my friends said it’s possible, it’s not likely at this point and they themselves, will be surprised if it came tonight.

Apparently discussions within are slow and take time.

We'll know tomorrow if those supposed rumors are true or not. (at least in terms of it being announced tomorrow).

To contribute some update to the story, it is expected that the store is close to 15,000 ft.². No official public reveal yet from Nintendo, however.

What time is the announcement tomorrow?

By early afternoon, is what originally seemed likely.

There is no officially confirmed announcement or press event. It's just something that'll hit, supposedly.

Yes.

Crossing my fingers

It was a slight risk putting up November 16, but I did so based off of what my friend told me was expecting at the time.

The artwork is quite attractive, but has not been revealed to the majority of media...and as far as I know, it is still only been shared with me up to this point.

The Universal Way.

Yeah!

If there are any words that'd want me to kick a TV off of a cliff. ;)

I would think they would do things..differently, for the case of Hollywood. But hey; call me blindly optimistic.

It will be fantastic when it does arrive.

I'm sure once they're ready to announce they will make a big deal about it.

I’m sure of it.

What if @Paul Gale Network was just trolling us? That would be cruel, but kind of amusing too.

Oh I definitely wouldn’t do that. I did provide an update to the story, though I know it is not much.

Bringing this up again, why would they want to reveal it when they can't have Press to know first-hand? It's either that, or Nintendo just going to be Nintendo, and not talk about it until it's too damn late in the night.

Nintendo certainly marches to the beat of their own drum.

Well, so much for this rumor of a reveal date; huh?

I would imagine that Nintendo LA is in the very good realm of possibility, but I think they'll announce it more-or-less when it's best. For crying out loud, they only announced Jurassic World & Running Universal; and haven't even acknowledged that Pet's is a real project.

We just have to be..patient, if you will.

Well, so much for this rumor of a reveal date; huh?

I would imagine that Nintendo LA is in the very good realm of possibility, but I think they'll announce it more-or-less when it's best. For crying out loud, they only announced Jurassic World & Running Universal; and haven't even acknowledged that Pet's is a real project.

Yeah it’s just going to take longer from Nintendo, but it’s coming.

We just have to be..patient, if you will.

We've been had...

I know it’s disappointing to hear a potential date and nothing happen, but don’t take it as being had. I wouldn’t give false news like that. It’s most definitely happening, but will be a while longer before they announce it.

Predicting announcements is like predicting when lighting will strike. I've been following theme parks for 20 years. 1, maybe 2 rumored announcement days in that time have ever came true.

I'm with PGN. I'm actually gonna lean that this is true, it isn't the first time I heard these rumors.

Thank you and yeah, my friends shared the concept images and some basic details but they are not in a position where they necessarily receive every update along the way.

Q4, 2019 is the earliest the store would be ready, too...so it’ll all be a bit of a journey.

Predicting announcements is like predicting when lighting will strike. I've been following theme parks for 20 years. 1, maybe 2 rumored announcement days in that time have ever came true.

The reason why the 16th was mentioned to me was that Nintendo had talks of publicly sharing the information on that day, but didn’t because they need more time. Hopefully before the public reveal, I’ll know more in advance, but if not...I’ll be happy right with everyone else when that day comes.

I know it’s disappointing to hear a potential date and nothing happen, but don’t take it as being had. I wouldn’t give false news like that. It’s most definitely happening, but will be a while longer before they announce it.

Alright man. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Especially considering how Nintendo LOVES to delay things, especially their games releases like LOZ.

So you think most likely we won't get some sort of announcement until next year?

Alright man. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Especially considering how Nintendo LOVES to delay things, especially their games releases like LOZ.

So you think most likely we won't get some sort of announcement until next year?

With that date scratched, there is only so much time left in 2018 to fit it in. My friends said it could happen but that they are unaware of when the news would come, this close to the end of the year.

Considering how Nintendo is handling news on Universal Hollywood’s and Orando’s upcoming parks (which is very minimal), I understand why it’s already been 4 months since I learned of a new store and still nothing on a public level from them. They definitely take time.

With a little luck, I’ll get some updates. I could end up being surprised like everyone else or find out just a day before. We will see.

And thank you too. My website might not be enormous, but I’m also not somebody posting anonymous news on 4chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.