1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

No More Dishes at Florean Fortescue

Discussion in 'Wizarding World - Diagon Alley' started by truejonas, May 12, 2019.

1. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

That's my best bet.

If that's the case, then it's a lie - I asked if they still have them and was told no.

Yep, the cones are/were a dollar more. I will note that I think they have a nicer paper wrap around the cones (the irony is not lost on that), so none of my party had sticky ice cream hands.

tankart150, belloq87 and Andysol like this.
  2. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

Yeah from the comments I read in that FB post it sounded like they weren’t very willing to give them out. The guy said he argued for a bit before they finally gave him one.

tankart150 and truejonas like this.
  3. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

I'm just one person, but I doubt I'll frequent the ice cream store until they give dishes back. Even though they give you a wrap around the cone, the ice cream still melts rapidly in the Florida heat and it becomes a mess to eat unless you gobble it down quickly....and ...I never get anything in souvenir cups because I don't want to lug a cup around the park all day. That's a pain.....Hopefully there's a lot more people like me that just want to eat their ice cream relaxed, and their sales drop because of this....Probably some new manager somewhere in the system that spends too much time looking at computer spreadsheets, and has little common sense, that wants to make his mark at the expense of customers.

4. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

I mean, I'd do it if I can bring the cup back and get a discount on my purchase...

tankart150 likes this.
  5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Sometimes massive complaints work......Kennywood Park was changing their traditional cheese sauce recipe on their amusement park famous "Potato Patch Fries". Word got out about it a few days ago. Massive email and letter complaints followed. Today Kennywood backed down and said they would go back to their traditional cheese sauce recipe.......Now, if only enough people would complain about the lack of ice cream cups and/or quit purchasing....maybe Universal will reverse this 'stupid' policy.

6. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

This is a shame. I don't eat ice cream cones because of my facial hair. No more earl grey/chocolate chili combo for this guy I guess.

Andysol, tankart150 and s8film40 like this.
  7. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

That’s the exact combo I always get!

RevFreako and tankart150 like this.
  8. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

I feel like whenever I go in, I'm one of the few that get a dish rather than a cone, so I'd imagine it'll be hard to stir up enough of an uproar.

Now, if I set up bots on Twitter...

tankart150 and Mad Dog like this.
  9. sjago13

sjago13 Premium Member

Just got to be willing to go in there and if they say no, walk out without buying anything. They need to know you wont cave. And if they change their mind as you walk out ask why they said no in the first place.

TheCodeMan95, Andysol and therock like this.
  10. wizwit

wizwit Member

They also sell sundaes there, right? What are they served in?

TheCodeMan95 and tankart150 like this.
  11. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

I'm half tempted to just order cones going forward and then ask for a cup at the register and if they say no just walk out and let them throw it away.

Mad Dog likes this.
  12. sjago13

sjago13 Premium Member

I think there is a way to get them the message and not be overzealous. Maybe you could pull that off once and play it as you like the cone but not the pressure of eating it fast. But multiple time and they will replace Sirius' image with you on all the papers.

truejonas and TheCodeMan95 like this.
  13. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Expecting a front line employee who have to eat crap from rude customers all day to care if you walk out without getting something may be a bit optimistic.

Nick, TheCodeMan95, Andysol and 5 others like this.
  14. sjago13

sjago13 Premium Member

My point is that nothing will happen if you do nothing. At the very least they may mention it to their manager and take note that it is something that the customer wants. If you just say shucks, I guess I'll take the plastic cup, that's what they wanted and reinforces it.

Andysol likes this.
  15. bob albert

bob albert Veteran Member

I wasn't even aware the Kennywood fries were anything but the standard wiz.

I absolutely hate the shady forced souvenir cup BS. They automatically try to pour you one at HHN so you have to refuse upfront.

tankart150 and therock like this.
  16. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

If they didn't care about the amount of complaints that came from charging for the lockers or taking away the water from the freestyle machines in the middle of summer, I highly doubt standing up and demanding ice cream dishes is going to have much of an impact.

17. tankart150

tankart150 Member

I only use bowls too :)

18. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

That was so shocking to me when it happened. It’s absolutely ridiculous they want to sell you a wand but won’t let you ride MiB without forking over another $2.
    It’s the most six flags move possible. Not the move of a world class theme park resort.

Sorry... still a sore subject for me. :)

truejonas, Fallow, tankart150 and 3 others like this.
  19. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Its ok, I'm still sore from when they started charging for the JP and Dudley lockers!!!! >:O :enrage:

truejonas, tankart150 and therock like this.
  20. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

Asking the real questions here

tankart150 likes this.