No Time To Die (Bond 25) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

No Time To Die (Bond 25)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Opening China release date and cast marketing appearances in China were announced today to be delayed due to the virus. No new release date determined. .

I’m surprised more films haven’t done the same tbh. Mulan, especially. Obviously this is about maximizing profits, but we won’t get more of these movies we love if they all bomb.

Reactions: SeventyOne
As a longtime Bond fan, I'm annoyed. My spring just got a lot less interesting.

Just goes to show that international dollars are way more important than domestic ones to these studios now.

In this case I think it's probably about Domestic dollars too. Currently it looks like the fight to contain the virus has failed and it's almost inevitable it's going to go everywhere, it's now just a question of how bad.

Still really annoyed though, really sucky move, but I get it from a financial point of view.

Reactions: youhow2
Obviously this is about maximizing profits, but we won’t get more of these movies we love if they all bomb.
With the amount of money they're going to have to spend on kickstarting the marketing campaign in the fall (which they will have to do, because if immediate Bond fan reaction is anything to go by, a lot of excitement has gone up in smoke with this announcement), added to the advertising blitz they've already paid for, the movie is going to have to make even more than it would have if it had been released in April under normal circumstances. And they had April essentially to themselves, but they won't in November.

We'll see what happens when it's all said and done, but I'm unconvinced that the film will be more financially successful after this push.

Harrumph. This has nothing to do with prevention and all about maximizing profits. They are entitled to do so, but I'm entitled to think that decision sucks.

It should be worth mentioning that days before this was announced, there were fan petitions asking for the delay to ensure maximum safety.

Reactions: Coasted
Ever since GOLDENEYE, Bond's been a November franchise, yes. NO TIME TO DIE's original release date was November 2019, then got pushed to February 2020, then April, and now November again... a full year after originally intended.

I've never been a Bond fan, but I do really enjoy the intros.

Reactions: belloq87
It should be worth mentioning that days before this was announced, there were fan petitions asking for the delay to ensure maximum safety.

Which is laughable. Theaters will still be open. Movies will still be coming out. This does nothing for prevention. It’s about not being able to capitalize on the Chinese/World BO.

Reactions: SeventyOne

This was a bit overblown; one fan site (two men claiming to speak for the fan community) published an open letter to the producers and distributors urging a postponement, but there was far more pushback from fans than there was support.

Reactions: Brian G.
There is a theory making the rounds about the reason the film has been delayed. Coronavirus is a part of it but they theory goes that the plot of the film is about a deadly virus that's threatened to be released into the public and it's being deemed to be in poor taste given the current environment.

There is a theory making the rounds about the reason the film has been delayed. Coronavirus is a part of it but they theory goes that the plot of the film is about a deadly virus that's threatened to be released into the public and it's being deemed to be in poor taste given the current environment.

IF that's the case, then I can understand the reason for moving it.

No Time To Die Release Date Delay Will Cost $30 Million

Looks like it was a case of loose $300m+ in Box Office or loose $30m of P&A spend :shrug:

and off topic but how do you post a link with a preview like below?

Last edited: