No Time To Die (Bond 25) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

No Time To Die (Bond 25)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They could push everything back to a year from its original release date.

Shang-Chi goes from February 2021 to February 2022
Strange to May
Spiderman to July
Then maybe Thor gets a September release and Black Panther gets a primo Thanksgiving release date.
Marvels moves to a late Winter/early Spring release window and Ant-Man moves to July.

Where does that leave Eternals then? If you stuck that in May and Strange in July…I mean at that point we are looking at 6-10 month delays for movies…I can’t imagine Disney shareholders will be happy about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Where does that leave Eternals then? If you stuck that in May and Strange in July…I mean at that point we are looking at 6-10 month delays for movies…I can’t imagine Disney shareholders will be happy about that.

It costs money to hang onto a movie, due to financing and such (to say nothing of lost marketing costs and the like). I've seen Robert Meyer Burnett guesstimate it at $1M a month. A 1-year delay knocks around $24M off that theater gross in real terms.

Also Disney clearly trying to position Eternals as Oscar bait. Harder to do that if you stick it in May.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Studios like Disney can take the loss because it is content for Disney+. No Time To Die is MGM’s lone franchise (until [if] the Amazon deal goes through)

but like 71 said, it’s costing $1m a month in interest to sit on a shelf. Marketing and production costs have already destined this film to be the worst performing of the franchise.

It costs money to hang onto a movie, due to financing and such (to say nothing of lost marketing costs and the like). I've seen Robert Meyer Burnett guesstimate it at $1M a month. A 1-year delay knocks around $24M off that theater gross in real terms.

Also Disney clearly trying to position Eternals as Oscar bait. Harder to do that if you stick it in May.
Not to mention the extensive delays these films already suffered from last year.

No Time To Die has a big problem of being one of the first movies to be pushed, meaning it has racked up a HUGE amount of interest on the borrowed money used to make the film. This is also the most expensive Bond movie ever made. Some have crunched the numbers a bit and it now needs to bring in $800-$900M to just to BREAK EVEN with the amount of interest the film has accrued, the marketing money they've already run through in the lead up to it's almost-release, etc.

Simply put, there's no effing way this movie comes close to making it's money back, so might as well just hope things are better around the Holidays and finally get this thing off the books.

No Time To Die has a big problem of being one of the first movies to be pushed, meaning it has racked up a HUGE amount of interest on the borrowed money used to make the film. This is also the most expensive Bond movie ever made. Some have crunched the numbers a bit and it now needs to bring in $800-$900M to just to BREAK EVEN with the amount of interest the film has accrued, the marketing money they've already run through in the lead up to it's almost-release, etc.

Simply put, there's no effing way this movie comes close to making it's money back, so might as well just hope things are better around the Holidays and finally get this thing off the books.
Even if they push back they will owe more money and doubt this film will draw people in

it might get close to Fast the first weekend but week two it will dip hard

this film is just doomed

Even if they push back they will owe more money and doubt this film will draw people in

it might get close to Fast the first weekend but week two it will dip hard

this film is just doomed
I also wonder if the shortened theatrical windows for releases right now is deterring people who are hesitant to go to the movies. Like if you knew you had to wait 3 months before you could rent it, I think there would be some more urgency to see it in the theater. But if someone knows they can spend $20 in 4-6 weeks to stream it, they’re less likely to see it in the theater and risk Covid exposure.

I also wonder if the shortened theatrical windows for releases right now is deterring people who are hesitant to go to the movies. Like if you knew you had to wait 3 months before you could rent it, I think there would be some more urgency to see it in the theater. But if someone knows they can spend $20 in 4-6 weeks to stream it, they’re less likely to see it in the theater and risk Covid exposure.
It's certainly is helping me skip out on a few movies (such as AQP2 for example as I knew I could see it included on Paramount+ after the 45 day window). Other movies I would've normally seen in theaters I now am not also due to being available on HBO Max or just waiting for them to show up on Disney+ after their Premiere Access window (Raya, In The Heights, Cruella, Space Jam, etc are all examples of this).

Frankly do this while drive ins are still open in Northern parts of the US, make legit ANYTHING you can if you’re the team behind this cause it’s gonna take a miracle. It could benefit from a long theatrical run if other films this fall/winter back out, then it really becomes a staple hold through Christmas. That’s best case scenario.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I think it Fast 9 can make almost $700m global we are probably looking at between $500-700 for this.

Have to wonder if they might consider a PVOD route after it has been in theatres for a while.

I think it Fast 9 can make almost $700m global we are probably looking at between $500-700 for this.

Have to wonder if they might consider a PVOD route after it has been in theatres for a while.
If they get this film out and have it go until after Thanksgiving then at Christmas time have it on PVOD could work out for them

Yeah--if F9 and Black Widow are able to make the profits as they are, I see no reason why they wouldn't try. Might actually speak confidence thanks in part to Free Guy's legs.

As far as PVOD, I'm guessing 30 days in theaters; and then PVOD.