Non-Profit Needs Help Planning! | Inside Universal Forums

Non-Profit Needs Help Planning!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Joel

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2016
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hey Everyone,

I volunteer for a non-profit organization that sends individuals with Neurofibromatosis and their families on vacations to escape reality for a few days. The organization is called B the Difference and was founded after our family friend's son passed due to NF.

For our next trip, the family wants to go to Universal!!! Which is super exciting for me and my girlfriend (who works for the organization) because we love Universal and go there all the time!! Unfortunately for me I cannot get time off to lead the trip, but my girlfriend works for the organization so she gets to go.

Since we're from Ft. Lauderdale, we're not familiar with offerings outside of Universal in terms of food and other tourist attractions (we're a non-profit on a budget, so we can only do the Universal dining plan for lunches, and maybe 1 or 2 dinners on site).

We asked Universal already and they don't offer discounted meal plans for non-profits or anything like that, so I'm turning to the OU community for suggestions of restaurants that may offer discounts for non-profits around the resort / a few tourist attractions that are good half-day spots (for the days not going to the parks).

Thank you for your help!!

I can't really offer any advice but I'm hoping that bumping this might make it visible to somebody who can help.

All the best and keep up the good work!

Reactions: Joel