Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This episode was boring as hell and I sort of just came away not caring too much about the rest of the series. So much ground to cover, especially with Reva, and there’s only 2 episodes left, which just isn’t enough and tbh, this show isn’t compelling enough. This was just another mission episode and it just felt like a waste.

Also, what the hell is the plot? Can someone tell me? It just seems like a bunch of individual episodes or some cool moments, but there’s no real through line. This show so far is a lot more Book of Boba Fett than The Mandalorian so far, which is a shame.

Go watch Ms. Marvel instead. Better use of your time.

Episode 4 is an episode, here is my review:
Leia is played by (probably) a lovely girl that is asked to do the impossible. Yes she isn't a great actor but the weight and depth they put on the poor thing is insane and results in a bad show. That is not her fault but a combination of writing and directing that never could result in a competent and gripping performance. Putting her opposite the third Sister is both laughable and doesn't help the acting between the two either as her performance is bad.
In short, Leia is captured and Obi saves her. How it is done is uneventful and boring and that is fitting with the set and the writing as everything looks bland. The most "exciting" thing happening is Obi doing baseball with his light saber hitting the laser blasts like a 4 year old.
Anyway, off screen a tracker is stuck in the toy droid that is Leia's so next episode, with no effort, they will again go after Obi and I bet he won't be killed this time either (that is not a spoiler as we know the outcome).

This episode was boring as hell and I sort of just came away not caring too much about the rest of the series. So much ground to cover, especially with Reva, and there’s only 2 episodes left, which just isn’t enough and tbh, this show isn’t compelling enough. This was just another mission episode and it just felt like a waste.

Also, what the hell is the plot? Can someone tell me? It just seems like a bunch of individual episodes or some cool moments, but there’s no real through line. This show so far is a lot more Book of Boba Fett than The Mandalorian so far, which is a shame.

Go watch Ms. Marvel instead. Better use of your time.

What pissed me off most was that we got no answer as to why Vader let Obi-Wan go last episode. Unforgivable. What lazy writing…

Reactions: Nick and belloq87
Ok this show is pretty bad now. lol. I love Star Wars and its sad to see it like this. I figured out a solution to still enjoy the show though. When I imagined it was written by a 7 year old for toddlers and I realized I enjoyed it more.

I've reached the conclusion that this is not a very good show. I gave it four episodes, but I'm comfortable making that call now.
Ewan is easily the best part of the show, but other than that... eh. I liked Leia for a few episodes, but I was hoping we were going to get rid of her at some point in episode 3 or end of episode 2. I don't care about Reva. The other inquisitors are boring worthless. Vader is neutered. The writing is a mess.

It's really too bad.

Reactions: belloq87
While the location was cool to see.....the show is so meh

Like if you can't break a ten year old then what kinda villain are you....also them hiding her in a cloat while they are on high alert is like a scene out of austin powers

If Boba and Obi wan are what they want to do with characters that arent Mando...then just stop. Make Mando and thats it because these other shows literally aren't good enough to be apart of Star Wars

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
Episode 1 to Episode 2 is where it went from slow but intriguing to bad.

A top secret underwater laboratory-fortress ... with WINDOWS! That break easily and flood the place!
... is where it went from bad to MST3K laughable.

Reactions: Nick and belloq87
This was the first truly great episode in my opinion. Awesome parallels and great action. Only two things that bothered me were…

Not de-aging Anakin and Obi-Wan (more so Anakin) and that the Reva reveal was fairly obvious given the opening scene to the series.

Episode 5 has landed and it was the fighting episode.

Obi and Leia land on a planet with a lot of poor people when all their lives are put on the line as Dart and Sister are knocking at their door. They have to knock as Darth locked it with the Bob Chapek merch toy robot that conveniently didn't only had a tracker but also a remote control of some kind. What a hell of a toy! Why the thing didn't keep one door open is not explained but it's probably so the baddies can huff and puff until the door comes down.
Kenobi explains they won't be able to fight off the overwhelming war machine but they have to win time with...fighting (yeah I know it's weird). After fat shaming a man who is responsible to open the hatch so the spaceship can escape Vader, Leia gets smallshamed and crawls between wires and her toy that, although it's dark and has lights on it, is invisible for the kid for an appropriate amount of time.
Intermittent we see a well choregraphed fight in the past, where the de-aging software didn't had a great day, in a bad use of the led wall (am I the only one who already is tired of the over reliance of this technique).
Meanwhile third Sister isn't using her force power to open the door but let the blasting do the work until she uses her lightsaber so cut the lock. She does it during an out of place tete-a-tete between her and Obi as we already knew she was for whatever reason the kid who was spared during Vader's child-massacre run, she wanted to kill Vader but (as we know) she fails in the poor attempt. I mean she could stand behind him, push the button and the thing would go trough him like butter on a stick but instead she had to make it a thing. Their fight was bad with a lot of bad use of camera work to complement it.
During the whole thing where the small base is overrun lot's of people die (again) for Leia and also for Obi. After that Obi is surrendering. He could have done that earlier but first a lot of shooting and wobbly cam work had to be shown. Anyway, Dart tries to stop them but our heroes and the remaining poor people get away while Vader's ship is doing a great job ignoring them. So we are exactly as the same point as we where when the episode started.

Result: There is one good choregraphed fight and the story doesn't progress an inch.

Last edited:
After last week pretty much lost all all hope in this show so maybe that’s playing a factor a bit, but I thought this was a really good episode that wasn’t just a “mission”episode for once. Maybe they stick the landing of this show, but that’s like finishing a race strong after struggling for over half the race.

The stunning conclusion of episode 6 is a fact.

This is the bitch slap episode. There are a lot of things thrown around but like the script they all miss the mark. There are also a lot of things unclear to me, probably because I dose off several times watching it but I can tell you that, for whatever reason, the Third Sister went to kill little Luke, she kind of outran him as he is a little boy, but she couldn't kill him as she saw herself as a little kid being scared (Luke wasn't scared but unconscious). She had a good cry.
Little Leia got her toy back after it gave Obi some balls (metaphorically). They toys isn't sabotaging the lives of many people but is helpful again so it can be sold for $35.
Obi and Darth had a fight on a stone pillar mountain planet and Darth lost but Obi didn't kill the mass murder and is responsible for all future deaths, what a lame jerk.
Leia is more happy to see her toy back than seeing Obi alive, as would any kid at WDW.
Obi is introduced to Luke although in the original trilogy they never met (just like Leia) but who cares about the original trilogy, right?

So it ends.

I feel so empty…I think the biggest sin is…
You made the mistake of not killing Anakin last time Obi-Wan. Now he’s hunting Jedi and YOU relentlessly and you let him live…AGAIN??

There were a few moments here and there, but this was as disappointing as Boba Fett for me.

I enjoyed the last 10 minutes or so? The fight was underwhelming, Reva was there, etc.

This show and TBoBF were both pretty bad, but at least TBoBF had pretty much two really good episodes of Mando mixed in with the rest of the mess.

Oooof. This was awful, beginning to end. Repetitive beats. No story momentum. Clunky dialogue. Some truly abysmal VFX. No reason to exist, not entertaining enough to justify the ride.

Oooof. This was awful, beginning to end. Repetitive beats. No story momentum. Clunky dialogue. Some truly abysmal VFX. No reason to exist, not entertaining enough to justify the ride.
As soon as the showdown with Obi-Wan and Vader happened I took one look at the dark setting and said to myself “The Volume strikes again”.

I understand people want to be positive about this show, and it has some decent moments, but I don't understand the praise it's getting.

Obi-Wan purposefully allowing Vader to live makes him directly responsible for any future atrocities. On Mustaphar, I understand why he didn't kill him. For this round, he's absolutely sure there's nothing of his friend left and the dialogue reflects as such. And yet, he walks away knowing that this will cause pain and suffering for millions, if not billions. We know Obi-Wan has no trouble killing for the greater good (Grievous, among others), so this makes no sense. Even if you enjoy everything else about the show, this is a troubling precedent.