"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mannnnnnnnnnnn. That's some awesome pictures of Wayne as a Ghostbuster. I wonder how he did when he perform the show.

Oh, here he is as the black Dracula:

[video=youtube;7Vb4BLF5858]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vb4BLF5858&feature=related[/video]

Also the Wolfman: Joey Fatone

Last edited:
300900_236614779709594_100000832213969_619957_1804705_n.jpg

That's in the USF survey center--I've always wanted to get a good shot of it but never had my camera the two times I was drafted to take a survey.

anyone got any shots of the ghostbusters shop, its seems to be something thats only a distant memory to few. that and the universal shop and i believe Orlando airport, it had a huge jaws in the window and a terror dog statue inside

Mannnnnnnnnnnn. That's some awesome pictures of Wayne as a Ghostbuster. I wonder how he did when he perform the show.

Oh, here he is as the black Dracula:

[video=youtube;7Vb4BLF5858]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vb4BLF5858&feature=related[/video]

Also the Wolfman: Joey Fatone
Oh my god, how did I miss this earlier, this is AWESOME!

You obviously cared very deeply about this ride. But it suffered from the same fate as its predecessor: they both were built for a limited shelf life. Neither incarnation was ever meant to be a Jaws type ride that will never close. It was a kid's ride first and foremost. It thrives on being relevant to kids in order to draw them in. The second the shows got canceled was the second the death clock started ticking. I know relevancy does not matter most of the time, but in this case it does. It's not meant to be a marquee attraction, it's something to draw in the kids. Yeah the ride was pretty good, but so was the one that came before it. And I'm sure DM will continue that trend. The ride was no Superstar Limo, but it was not great either. It kind of just was. If it had smoother programming, I'm sure it would have been a bigger hit. But it was what it was, and I'm sure Universal will improve the attraction with care.

To put it easily: couldn't disagree more. I understand where you're coming from, but I still stand by what I said. Relevancy will always be irrelevant to theme parks. Execution is what drives long term. If it's a well executed ride about irrelevant characters, then the kids will see the characters like theme park original characters (like Figment). Plus, having older shows attracts an older demographic, which increases the appeal for the ride. You're not changing my mind, so it's useless to argue. I in no way wanted it to last forever, but I do think it could have lasted slightly longer.

And saying Hanna-Barbera isn't relevant to kids is completely bogus. Those are timeless cartoons that appeals to every age. Period.

batsmouth said:
This, I know I won't miss it in the slightest. I'd maybe ride it once in a vacation to Orlando and I'd visit Universal several times. I actually think DM will be a better ride. And look forward to a new ride at UOR which is actually a Universal Studios movie.

No offense, but this thread is for praising the past. I would appreciate it if you left comments like that out of here.

Last edited: