"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Old Universal Rides

i was 8 in 1990 and went to the original universal alot
i miss all those old rides
my question is did the rides but then have a bad track record with being reliable ?
especially king king ?

- - - Updated - - -

and what was the official reason for Kongfrontation Closing

There has never been a solid reason given by Universal for the closure, although it is speculated that maintenance issues, high staffing costs and the costs of repairs and upkeep are the main reasons.

From Wikipedia-

"Kongfrontation was a signature piece of Universal Studios Florida, more than any of the attractions that remain there today, and the idea to close such an attraction struck many fans of the ride as being "unreal". Despite many protests and complaints from fans, Kongfrontation officially closed on September 8, 2002. There has never been a solid reason given by Universal for the closure, although it is speculated that maintenance issues, high staffing costs and the costs of repairs and upkeep are the main reasons. The attraction joined a list of original and popular Universal Studios Florida attractions that have since been retired and replaced, including Ghostbusters Spooktacular, The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, Back to the Future: The Ride, Earthquake: The Big One and Jaws."

- - - Updated - - -

There has never been a solid reason given by Universal for the closure, although it is speculated that maintenance issues, high staffing costs and the costs of repairs and upkeep are the main reasons.

JINX!

2012_12_16_19_29_50_zpsdb67c206.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yay..my first uploaded pic :happy:

was that really that big on the building ? i dont remember these