"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you mean props from the ride, I can confirm that pretty much all of the props were saved and are currently in storage at Universal's warehouses, though sometimes they are re-used for HHN.

Could you expand? I hadn't been to UO for YEARS before it changed to Simpsons. What kind of props were there?

Asked Simpsons TMS about that, they gave me a very strange face.. but i think i found a remain of bttf! when you are rising up in your simulator there are black cut outs of broken bricks, im sure that is a remnant, please correctly if not. They might of been BSing me because when i asked the BMG tms about Nick Studios they said that there is nothing left and it was removed 5 years ago... i told them about a video and they said "Well, maybe it was another studio." LOL

There is also one at the amity restrooms, but I found some history last night. Anyone remember the old Nick Studios gift shop?
null_zps533ae654.jpg

null_zps59ecfb1e.jpg

I saw the door open while they were taking out HHN shirts. ALSO the rope blocking the toon lagoon theater was down so I went back there, I'll post some pics. TECHNICALLY since there was no sign or no rope, doesn't it count as a guest area?

What I mean is the decorations they had in the ride itself, though I don't think they were actual props from the movies. Things like Doc's wall clocks, hoverboards, etc.

Props like these??? :p

2j31gfd.jpg

Last edited:
No they weren't, they're all replicas unfortunately.

The Pepsi perfect bottle for the ride was different to the movies.
The movies ones used clear plastic and filled them with a brown liquid... So a screen used one will now be empty and see through.

The ride one used a brown resin rather than have real liquid in them so they look exactly like mine.

Ok, so I found our old scrap book the other day.
I'm sorry about the quality of most of them but it is 21 years old... This scrap book could legally drink!

Sorry this has Disney stuff in, I assume most of us here are disney fans too and I didn't want to tear apart the scrap book.

IMG%5D

The AT&T at the movies thing... I don't think I ever did this.

IMG%5D

The original hard rock

IMG%5D

The psycho house

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

Last edited:
Reactions: TylerDurden
Ok, so I found our old scrap book the other day.
I'm sorry about the quality of most of them but it is 21 years old... This scrap book could legally drink!

Sorry this has Disney stuff in, I assume most of us here are disney fans too and I didn't want to tear apart the scrap book.

IMG%5D

The AT&T at the movies thing... I don't think I ever did this.

IMG%5D

The original hard rock

IMG%5D

The psycho house

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

Some great photos on this post :)
Out of interest what was the date on the Disney World parking ticket?

I believe it was April 13th 1992

- - - Updated - - -

I always wondered, was the old globe completely replaced or just refurbed into the one we see today, does anyone know?

I remember going into the AT&T thing on my first visit...I was not something really worth doing more than maybe once.

I miss the old globe and Psycho house...even though I love the current globe too!

I also miss the Hanna-Barberra characters...and Fievel!