Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"Old School" Universal Orlando

with all the discussions circulating the forums of more classics heading out i thought it'd be a great time to bring up the Nick studios and what it brought to ME as a kid when visiting uni studios.

Earlier this week there was a video going around the web of a young girl in the slime time live show. wow that made my throat knot up. I miss that so much it was an experience unlike any other at any theme park. TO be in the crowd and be selected to interact or compete on live TV was just mind blowing. i was once selected for a competition inside the studio to compete in a course that had many obstacles and challenges. there was no better/cooler feeling and i have never felt that again cause that level of involvement has never been presented to me again.

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this;

Why is there a Marla Mitchell Drive label attached to the access road between FFL and DA? Who was/is she?

A quick Google search turns up psychics and lawyers with that name but I can't see a connection to Universal

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this;

Why is there a Marla Mitchell Drive label attached to the access road between FFL and DA? Who was/is she?

A quick Google search turns up psychics and lawyers with that name but I can't see a connection to Universal

X3RE_K7aealvhXd07OnNA9vgfPqXSFEVGzPwkdYX10TNcQ8zxuyYgXgHHr2YXrSlFN0FQK4jPR676PyDGZdDorx1NwCeSBhLz1Z2ak7jFYqmAeuBG3QOm3RfUTmotHieGKh8KB-ftcHpk6Lv4ow0VG825kFdVDYV3oqewtfam3-OfVSlwRveoR83G0wQUYNQliztBiBGvFuZLGyiVdpkMT0uzi7HeR67g7Um9WGYJJ5OSna9rS1YGF7UT0hfX17pW1lxDFOGe7y09IjwCslnQ65iU6nAjWmKyvAwriOIRmS-IcQi7otjTwaaHISuHRYxkmFXXk5rIQM3bNgR4_Jg-gXohDRB5hg9amSnhR4C4uEdzpvpaRqblGI_6JWJ64L847KouuW6hf1l82WkchtxplpvkmD05InIz2ISEkhGJ2bghPihx2q9Q1vgInzP6nTSMFvD3nM8ywPtwjto3KQkhSnjZvlGQFkWYNiHoUHoxHE9KxLN6QqaNzoQ9Ow04TIAesHoby7VYWpka5GhARD4YTeP08p6K41iK1OOf-kuY1nFeI3aspClP73b4u4GhKjwPe6Kzyp2m54fjIp1QQEyn0TsBW9zicxMmXQPUfN_DLluvLjxtgyvaQ=w1038-h775-no

Maria Mitchell was the first female scientist to discover a comet. She was from Nantucket, so someone obviously did some thorough research on Massachusetts when planning out details for Amity.

X3RE_K7aealvhXd07OnNA9vgfPqXSFEVGzPwkdYX10TNcQ8zxuyYgXgHHr2YXrSlFN0FQK4jPR676PyDGZdDorx1NwCeSBhLz1Z2ak7jFYqmAeuBG3QOm3RfUTmotHieGKh8KB-ftcHpk6Lv4ow0VG825kFdVDYV3oqewtfam3-OfVSlwRveoR83G0wQUYNQliztBiBGvFuZLGyiVdpkMT0uzi7HeR67g7Um9WGYJJ5OSna9rS1YGF7UT0hfX17pW1lxDFOGe7y09IjwCslnQ65iU6nAjWmKyvAwriOIRmS-IcQi7otjTwaaHISuHRYxkmFXXk5rIQM3bNgR4_Jg-gXohDRB5hg9amSnhR4C4uEdzpvpaRqblGI_6JWJ64L847KouuW6hf1l82WkchtxplpvkmD05InIz2ISEkhGJ2bghPihx2q9Q1vgInzP6nTSMFvD3nM8ywPtwjto3KQkhSnjZvlGQFkWYNiHoUHoxHE9KxLN6QqaNzoQ9Ow04TIAesHoby7VYWpka5GhARD4YTeP08p6K41iK1OOf-kuY1nFeI3aspClP73b4u4GhKjwPe6Kzyp2m54fjIp1QQEyn0TsBW9zicxMmXQPUfN_DLluvLjxtgyvaQ=w1038-h775-no

Maria Mitchell was the first female scientist to discover a comet. She was from Nantucket, so someone obviously did some thorough research on Massachusetts when planning out details for Amity.

Thank you. Looks like Google spelled it wrong. I tried putting Jaws with the search and came up empty. Now I can move on to more pressing issues - Thanks again

Edit to add: Easy to find with the proper spelling but I would not have made the tie-in without your input
Maria Mitchell - Wikipedia

Thank you. Looks like Google spelled it wrong. I tried putting Jaws with the search and came up empty. Now I can move on to more pressing issues - Thanks again

Edit to add: Easy to find with the proper spelling but I would not have made the tie-in without your input
Maria Mitchell - Wikipedia
When I was in middle school in Arizona, I actually had to do a report on her in science class. This was in the burgeoning days of the Internet, well before any comprehensive resources like Wikipedia, and she's not exactly as well-known as Einstein or Newton or anybody, so it took going to the University of Arizona science library for them to call MIT to find any meaningful information on her. So my family and I were floored on our next vacation to Orlando and noticed that sign in Amity.