1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!
  1. ChiefBrody

ChiefBrody Rookie

Haven't been there in soooo long! How is the place doing? Used to love going down there every few nights from Nikki Bird, was great fun :thumbs:

2. Beachgurl

Beachgurl Veteran Member

We went probably a year ago and it seemed just as trailer park as ever. :lol: Haven't been back since.

3. ChiefBrody

ChiefBrody Rookie

LOL! I know some of the people there are kinda trashy, but I do love going there :D

4. Sledge

Sledge Veteran Member

I kinda like it. It kind of reminds me of the Fort Worth Stockyards in some ways.

5. Sal

Sal Veteran Member

I love it there, when ever I get around up there I go.

6. tiredoldspook

tiredoldspook Veteran Member

I went when I was down on Spook Tour. It has that We are a tourist trap and we know it kind of feel to it....

7. Dr. Emmett Brown

Dr. Emmett Brown Veteran Member

It's alright. I haven't been in a few years but I remember that the slingshot and the skycoaster were both crazy fun.

8. SherKhan72

SherKhan72 Newcomer

I miss the old "Old Town" where my brother and I will purchase $.05 coke, w/ a $.25 bottle deposite that you get back when you return the bottle. And then we'll go to the pin shop right across to get some flag pins, lol. Then of course, we can't get away from the arcade, lol. But I gotta admit, the card store is still hanging strong, well, at least it was still there when I pass by two years ago, lol.

9. Poster X

Poster X Rookie

I haven't been there in years. I used to go almost every weekend for a few years for the Saturday Night Cruise and just to take in the place.

I do miss some of the good old days at Old Town. Like when they had the Little Darlin's 2-story jukebox shaped 50/60's nightclub/restaurant, where some of the actual legends from the 50's/60's performed. The house bound Rockin Robin was awesome as well. The food was not too bad either, it was always a fun night at Old Town even on the nights without the Cruise.

10. Scarletwebslingr

Scarletwebslingr Veteran Member

I was there a few months ago and bought a t-shirt with a picture of Spider-Woman from New Avengers #23 for 5 bucks so I came home happy. They have a neat shop with English goodies and I always enjoy Black Market Minerals. I have to say though, they have this booth outside the arcade where you pay a dollar to see a fake man fry to death in an electric chair. It was disturbing.

11. kirby_is_kyaan

kirby_is_kyaan Veteran Member

I love how emotionless that comes off on the Internet. :lol: I remember something similar in Coney Island, the New York Times even interviewed the guy that made it. :confused:

12. Scarletwebslingr

Scarletwebslingr Veteran Member

Oh, I'd love to read that interview. I'm sure he had good clean family fun in mind when he constructed that "pay a dollar to watch him holler" sign.

13. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

is it about 10-15 minutes from the edge of WDW in the Crossroads direction? I remember going that way and stopping at a resteraunt right across the street from a slingshot ride. We spent like 20 minutes watching it! LOL! It was so funny. My entire family was like, "Would you ride that if someone gave you $500?" It was hilarious! I will never forget that! If that's not old town, i would like to know what it was. Thanks!

14. Uncle_Darren

Uncle_Darren Rookie

Thats it!

15. tiredoldspook

Old Town was the same as always when I was there in June. Ahhh something never change, wellexcept they don't have a nickle soda anymore.

16. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

Yup, still massively trashy. My friend wanted to ride the windstorm coaster and was told it was "closed for maintenance."

Surprise of the day: Old Town has maintenance.

17. tiredoldspook

Wow that is a suprise I bet he works in the tattoo place between jobs working on rides.

18. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

:lol:

19. OrangeJuiceHorror

OrangeJuiceHorror Newcomer

I absolutely love Old Town. I've been going there every since I can remember. I don't go as much now as I would like to. Now I really only go when I have family/friends visiting from out of town.

I just went last month with my sister and ate at A&W :yum: and just spent a few hours there. I was kind of disappointed the wax museum was gone. It was replaced with blacklight mini golf (which was also closed). The wax museum freaked me out. And the Haunted Grimm House they have...:yikes: I know its not the best thing around, but it still gets me.

I've rode both Skycoaster and the Slingshot. Skycoaster is AMAZING; I've rode that 3 times. But the slingshot...:eek: never again haha.

20. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

Why didn't you like the slingshot?