Old Town

Chris

Veteran Member
Jun 23, 2009
Southern California
I love thrills just as much as the next guy (or girl). But hell...that was a little too much for me lol. All the ups and downs and spinning and --oh no lol

Maybe if it wasn't so free moving :lol:
You know it's taller at the peak of the launch than the whole structure of the Skycoaster too, right?

I enjoy the ride, but it's the kind of thing that once you've done it, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a repeat.

Aug 7, 2009
Orlando, FL
You know it's taller at the peak of the launch than the whole structure of the Skycoaster too, right?

I enjoy the ride, but it's the kind of thing that once you've done it, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a repeat.
Well atleast Skycoaster is just a giant swing. Slingshot just keeps going and spinning. It gets to be a little much.

Chris

Veteran Member
Jun 23, 2009
Southern California
Well atleast Skycoaster is just a giant swing. Slingshot just keeps going and spinning. It gets to be a little much.
I can see that. Skycoasters just do nothing for me anymore. There was a brief period in my life that I found them thrilling, but after that I entirely lost interest. I think your reasoning is a big part of why that is.

tiredoldspook

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2008
South Ga, Carey, Oh
I did the Skycoaster, but for what those rides cost, (skycoaster, slingshot) I can go eat a good meal or pay for a night at HHN or HOS with my pass holder discount. 2-3 minutes just not worth the money to me any more.

JOLTnPEST

Newcomer
Aug 2, 2009
Oh, the ripoff Skyscraper. That was always planned to be a temporary attraction. Don't know why.
how dare you call it a rip off!! its amazing if you get the full swing upside-down it feels like your head is going to explode. It was temporary because its privately owned. Its making the us fair scene now.

Felipe

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2009
The Forbidden Forest
I went there many years ago and I didn't dare go on the Skycoaster, but now I really want to head up there and go on it! Does anyone know how much it costs?

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
An arm and a leg. :lol: A lot more then anyone should pay for to be honest. I went there years ago, probably 2003-2004 and never have been back since. I might go down there soon though to check it out.

Felipe

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2009
The Forbidden Forest
I mean, just for the experience of it, I might go and pay for it once, especially because there isn't anything else like it in the area. I love thrill rides and I am craving some new thrills :D

violarum

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2009
Hogsmeade
I went, and it was simply MIND-BLOWING.
Like, I can't even begin to describe the amazing euphoria you get while you're falling. It feels as if you're a hawk! Totally amazing.