Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your going to have bias on every site, every television station, every newspaper, and so on. It's just the way it is...

With that being said I think the land will be one of the greatest Disney has ever created, while the rides will be playing second fiddle to the atmosphere of the land.
im pretty pro avatar and I pretty much agree with this
that said we don't know a ton of details unlike kong and DA cause you guys do such a great job with insider stuff

Na'vi represent the animal kingdom about as well as the country of Arendelle represents the country of Norway.

The current crop of Imagineers have the intellectual depth of a kiddie pool.
The current crop of imagineers had no say in this. This was an Iger thing.

And agreed Hate.

How? It fits in perfectly!!!! Italy, France, Norway, Pandora. Fits like a glove
Well when you put it like that, they should've done this ages ago! OBVIOUSLY Pandora existed before Avatar. This was a missed opportunity from park open!!!

Everyone has an opinion, we don't have to agree with it, but we can respect their right to express it.

Anyways, back to the current topic. I really think that as Hate said that this land will be the best land Disney has created when it opens. However, I really hope Hate is wrong in regards to ride quality. I really hope that the current ride quality that Universal has had in their new rides to date inspires them to do something worthy of the name Walt Disney.

Everyone has an opinion, we don't have to agree with it, but we can respect their right to express it.

Anyways, back to the current topic. I really think that as Hate said that this land will be the best land Disney has created when it opens. However, I really hope Hate is wrong in regards to ride quality. I really hope that the current ride quality that Universal has had in their new rides to date inspires them to do something worthy of the name Walt Disney.

I would think Cameron will shove them until it is great. So, I expect that it will be. I do doubt it will come in at the age limit they would like however, and have moments of truly terrifying.

I think the Soarin'-style ride will be a lot better than people are expecting it to be. The ride system will have an incredible range of motion and will also be in 3D. Whether the 3D adds anything to the attraction is to be seen.

Point is, I think comparing Soarin to the new ride in Pandora is like comparing Star Tours to a ride like Spider-Man. Both are motion simulators, but one of theme actually goes somewhere whereas the other you just sort of... sit there.
Let's hope...from all of the speculation, it isn't looking good...I do however like to be surprised..and will hopefully be once the land opens and I (a Universal first fan) visit...

I think the game changer will be the atmosphere. The "floating" mountains and fauna will be like nothing we've ever seen before.
Let's hope...I expect rock work attached to metal bars..but..

Pandora should've been a pavilion at Epcot like forreal
Wouldn't have minded an overlay of Wonders of Life...I mean..what?

I would think Cameron will shove them until it is great. So, I expect that it will be. I do doubt it will come in at the age limit they would like however, and have moments of truly terrifying.

Hmm avatar and terrifying, now that's an odd pair of words together. By scary do you mean rollercoaster scary or dementors in FJ scary? Couldn't imagine the ride being THAT bad

Hey, you don't have to believe what I'm saying. Kong has a bow on it, Avatar is very much still being worked on.

It's not a matter of believing you or not. I'm simply pointing out the fact that it's ridiculous to point out something obvious and sell it as secret info that makes Disney look bad. Kong has a bow on it, ok, but that's not to say that there weren't several changes in planning when it was at the same point in construction as Avatar is now (and at this point it looks to be quite a bit farther ahead anyway so they are incomparable). The fact is, NO major project of any kind develops without changing, and even in the construction process things can get shifted all the time. It's common, it's not bad news.

^ Poor choice of word on my part. Probably "intense" is a better fit, both physically and mentally.
Ah ok thank you, yeah I can definitely see how that would be a bit rough. I love how most of you are telling Disney to take a note from universal even though they are pretty much making a universal ride lol

I personally don't think Avatar fits in at Animal Kingdom despite the whole conservation thing, but at the end of the day that is a park that desperately needs attractions so it doesn't bother me too much. I think some dark rides based on Disney animal based films wouldn't have been a bad idea either. Disney prides itself on being family friendly and having things for kids to enjoy, but it seems like with the exception of the safari the few rides we have at DAK might be a bit extreme for kids, so a few family friendly dark rides wouldn't have been too bad of an idea.

I still wish Beastly Kingdom would've seen the light of day though.

I personally don't think Avatar fits in at Animal Kingdom despite the whole conservation thing, but at the end of the day that is a park that desperately needs attractions so it doesn't bother me too much. I think some dark rides based on Disney animal based films wouldn't have been a bad idea either. Disney prides itself on being family friendly and having things for kids to enjoy, but it seems like with the exception of the safari the few rides we have at DAK might be a bit extreme for kids, so a few family friendly dark rides wouldn't have been too bad of an idea.

I still wish Beastly Kingdom would've seen the light of day though.
Eh, not every park/land needs to be turned into a fantasyland. Not every land needs cartoons. I agree AVATAR isn't the perfect fit, but I think it's a nice change of pace for Disney. Everyone always complains that they only do kiddie stuff, then they announce an AVATAR area and people complain about that too. It's a no win situation for them.

As I said, I agree it's not a perfect fit, but I like the change of pace and I actually like that it isn't a Disney film.

I say it's a great fit, animal kingdom always needed a fantasy element that folk lore or dinosaurs and this fits the bill. Say what you want about the movie but the animals and setting are the most important part of it and I can easily see it next to something like the tree of life but hey that's just me

if you listen to joe rohde talk about DAK one of the things he talks about is how DAK is a first person park...things happen to you they re about you its not about a dark ride that you ride through and see the story...if you look at it that way then you see why you really dont see much in terms of dark rides

Status
Not open for further replies.