Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting some PR distractions from Disney in the upcoming weeks, because that's what any major company would do in light of the unfortunate bad press the area has had in the past week (especially going into the vital summer season)

Maybe some more Avatar details will be released.

Yeah I agree, this is a year off and not in the best place for pictures. It is why F&F is going to have some very dead periods of time on this board.

I imagine much closer to opening this thread will be hopping.

Reactions: misterID
I'm mainly surprised that Disney isn't releasing teaser info on the rides or the land to feed off the attention of Kong

Also, maybe to jump start some discussion.

After seeing the details of Shanghai POTC, I'm really curious the direction they are going with the river ride in Avatar land.

The layout of the loop seems very simple as we discussed before.

I wonder if any elements from POTC will be used in Avatar.

Reactions: Ryno27
all about Shanghai right now
expect more info later this summer

I find it tough to believe that Disney is that limited in their Marketing and Strategy department that they cannot both hype Shanghai and still try and steal some attention from the greatest domestic threat.

(Universal, not alligators)

I find it tough to believe that Disney is that limited in their Marketing and Strategy department that they cannot both hype Shanghai and still try and steal some attention from the greatest domestic threat.

Universal wasn't teasing Kong a year out. If they start teasing now, people will get tired of it. People are already tired of how long ago it was announced and how long it is taking. Now you want them to tease things a year out? That won't help them. I believe if they are on target to meet the April date they have right now, that you will see stuff advertised at the end of the year.

Keep in mind they also don't want to take away from their own stuff opening this year like Frozen and Soarin.

Universal wasn't teasing Kong a year out. If they start teasing now, people will get tired of it. People are already tired of how long ago it was announced and how long it is taking. Now you want them to tease things a year out? That won't help them. I believe if they are on target to meet the April date they have right now, that you will see stuff advertised at the end of the year.

Keep in mind they also don't want to take away from their own stuff opening this year like Frozen and Soarin.
Exactly, there's no reason to start pimping Pandora yet. I wouldn't expect it to start until the Christmas Parade.

Dude, we don't want another SDMT.

Reactions: IzzyB
pandora-mountain.jpg

this picture is from themeparkinsider.com
if you need to delete feel free
this mtn is about 40-50 ft tall

That looks really good. I have said it before, not into the IP, but I believe this land and the rides are going to be awesome.

Also, maybe to jump start some discussion.

After seeing the details of Shanghai POTC, I'm really curious the direction they are going with the river ride in Avatar land.

The layout of the loop seems very simple as we discussed before.

I wonder if any elements from POTC will be used in Avatar.
I can't remember who said it but I heard someone say the boat rides would be similar, using the same technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.