Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attendance and merch will need to be through the roof to make back the $1bn spent on this thing in a timely manor.
I bet Disney rues the day they hooked up with Cameron & his demands. The land will probably be pretty decent but it will never pay for itself. It will increase attendance a bit but not on a HP or Star Wars level, or even a Carsland type increase. I doubt we'll ever see an Avatar 2 expansion......There just doesn't seem to be much buzz on this land, even on the Disney oriented sites. I certainly think I'll like it and I'll be sure to see it, but I just don't see it as a game changer.

I bet Disney rues the day they hooked up with Cameron & his demands. The land will probably be pretty decent but it will never pay for itself. It will increase attendance a bit but not on a HP or Star Wars level. I doubt we'll ever see an Avatar 2 expansion......There just doesn't seem to be much buzz on this land, even on the Disney oriented sites. I certainly think I'll like it and I'll be sure to see it, but I just don't see it as a game changer.
I think there would be much more buzz about it if, ya know, we actually had a place to view construction from.
People are interested (in the theme park community at least), it's just hard to find updates.

If anything, the floating mountains seem like one of the biggest architectural feat from Disney since Spaceship Earth and the glowing sidewalks and possible "living" flowers should really make the area unique and a beauty at night. Worth the cost? Almost definitely not, but it'll still be very nice from what i'm expecting.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mad Dog
I think there would be much more buzz about it if, ya know, we actually had a place to view construction from.
People are interested (in the theme park community at least), it's just hard to find updates.

If anything, the floating mountains seem like one of the biggest architectural feat from Disney since Spaceship Earth and the glowing sidewalks and possible "living" flowers should really make the area unique and a beauty at night. Worth the cost? Almost definitely not, but it'll still be very nice from what i'm expecting.

I agree. I think where it is causes a lot of issues since we don't have as many good construction pictures. When was the last time a land/ride was this hidden? I think F&F will be pretty hidden and will have similar no updates/excitement.

I mean, the scope of this is just going to be on another level. And when Disney takes it's time, it ultimately shows in the details of the final product. So while this will likely be breathtaking, no I will not be buying anything Avatar. :lol:

pandora-mountain.jpg

so i showed this picture to my 17 year son and 13 year old daughter. my son didnt believe it was real, thinks its cgi or a drawing.
as far as what DH said im not sure i agree.... i think it will be carsland good im just not sure it will be DA good

Status
Not open for further replies.