Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avatar we literally have nothing, zilch, nada. Its almost Disney said, hey lets sign the contract and we'll figure out what to do later.

That's exactly what they did. :lol: But while the rift might be true, I don't think it's strange that we wouldn't hear anything new after 4 months for something that's not even expected to start construction until early next year and not due to open until 3-4 years after that.

We're a long ways from 2016 y'all.

Potter was announced in 2007, but specific details were released in 2009.

Yes. But, they proceeded to announce loud and clear after June 2007 with major destruction, walls, steel building, mockups at Nassal, American Scenic etc... stuff was leaking like crazy. There was not deafening silence between 2007-2009. Avatar is just spookville.

Reactions: Felipe
Yes. But, they proceeded to announce loud and clear after June 2007 with major destruction, walls, steel building, mockups at Nassal, American Scenic etc... stuff was leaking like crazy. There was not deafening silence between 2007-2009. Avatar is just spookville.

Because it's been 4 freaking months.

Understood, but Potter was announced and scheduled to open late 2009/Early 2010 so obviously they had to move quickly. The end of 2007 is when things started to pour out.

Avatar is scheduled to open in 2016, and it's been only 4 months since the announcement. We don't have concept art, but there was the news that leaked of the possible ride design. Is the lack of news/concept coming out strange? Yes. A Tell-tale sign? Not yet.

Reactions: jtsalien
^Not yet! AHA! Even you're skeptical if this will really happen :dance:

10 points Gryffindor.......whoa.....I've had too much coffee today.

Skeptical isn't the word, but I wouldn't be surprised if the project fell through.

It is plausible, if not accurate that there is a rift between the dueling egos of Disney and Cameron and that is reason to be skeptical. The fact that we haven't heard more than a few rumors in only four months isn't.

I recently re-watched Avatar (The special 3 hour collector's edition....How I made it thru that in one sitting I'll never know) and I think I'm actually rooting for this project to come to fuition. I'm curious to see if Disney really could accurately recreate the planet of Pandora...Obviously they couldn't recreate the WHOLE planet so which location would they settle on???? (I'm betting home tree would be involved as well as MAYBE the place where Jack and Neytiri get it on. I also would LOVE to be able to visit the military base and maybe take a recruitment course.....so much potential, so many possibilities....PLEASE dont screw this up Disney and Cameron!!!!)

I recently re-watched Avatar (The special 3 hour collector's edition....How I made it thru that in one sitting I'll never know) and I think I'm actually rooting for this project to come to fuition. I'm curious to see if Disney really could accurately recreate the planet of Pandora...Obviously they couldn't recreate the WHOLE planet so which location would they settle on???? (I'm betting home tree would be involved as well as MAYBE the place where Jack and Neytiri get it on. I also would LOVE to be able to visit the military base and maybe take a recruitment course.....so much potential, so many possibilities....PLEASE dont screw this up Disney and Cameron!!!!)

And maybe they'll even include animatronic Jake and Neytiri reenacting that scene. The fanboys would LOVE it. :pound:

And maybe they'll even include animatronic Jake and Neytiri reenacting that scene. The fanboys would LOVE it. :pound:

haha, maybe they could make it into an NC-17 rated show at the park. LITTLE ONES UNDER THE AGE OF 21 WILL NOT BE ADMITTED INTO THIS SHOW DUE TO EXCESSIVE HAIR SEX.

I really don't have any emotional stake in this succeeding or failing. I'm one of the few who thinks Avatar is mediocre. Regardless, if it fails and falls through you'll know in some sort of round-about way. Even if they sweep it under the rug, we will still know it was swept under the rug.

I know the films have been pushed back, but I do hope DAK's Pandora opens first with incorporated hints and nods to what is to come. I would like some "Aha" moments when the films come out.

So, if you don't like Avatar, you're a hipster?

And if you like Avatar, you're also a hipster. :lol:

I - like Jakemeister - found Avatar fairly mediocre. I liked it and thought it was visually very pleasing, but it's not one of my favorite films. That being said, I still really want this land to come to fruition. AK needs it and I think it would translate beautifully to a theme park.

^ Agreed
It was an event movie, and as such it worked great... best 3-D ever.
The story was a basic story with great animation, I feel I got my monies worth, I was entertained ans await the next ones for the same reasons.

I want to see it built.

Status
Not open for further replies.