Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... I'm with you Scarlet. I hate Avatar. But this is the only way it fits into a theme park. I hated the idea at UOR, because putting a ride in USF would be terrible. However, building a whole land in DAK is exactly what I was thinking when I heard of an Avatar ride. It needs a full land. I'm guessing the ride will be in 3-D, and could it possibly use a similar system as Spider-Man? I'm thinking military vehicle taking new colonists on a tour of Pandora and something terribly goes wrong, leading to Jake and the Na'vi saving us.

Also, the mention of it moving to other parks. Could this be what finally goes in behind Fantasyland at DLR? The area that currently holds a lake and a large parade viewing zone that nobody views parades from seems like prime real estate.

I hate to see Cameron get a full land in a park. We need to do things to DEflate his head, not INflate. I wish Disney had stuck with their plans to bring Abarat and Clive Barker to DLR, but that's for a different place, in a different time...

Here's a quote from the LA Times about why it was added to AK.

Disney originally had planned to create a land of mythical creatures like dragons as part of Disney's Animal Kingdom, but those plans never materialized and the land remains undeveloped. Although aliens would seem an unlikely addition to Disney's elaborate zoo, the entertainment conglomerate said the Avatar land will emphsize the film's theme of "living in harmony with nature."

Just thought of something... good times around here are sure to be had starting in 2013. Also, I have heard rumor around these parts about another big project set to open 2015-2016. Looks like we're going to be busy...

What the hell? This really came out of left field! I have to say though, I like the idea! I'm a little worried, but this could be exactly what the doctor ordered for AK.

What the hell? This really came out of left field! I have to say though, I like the idea! I'm a little worried, but this could be exactly what the doctor ordered for AK.

I would not be worried. With what Disney's doing at FLE and DCA, this has the potential to be 100x better.

I honestly thought this was a joke when I saw it on the OU Facebook on my phone. I have to admit I never saw the movie. Something that looks cool isn't enough for me to sit through a 3 hour movie. But it works great in a theme park attraction. I'm excited for AK. Maybe people will finally stop hating on it. And I'm shocked that Cameron went with Disney. He has a history with Universal. I don't think he'd put the property in Disney's hands if he didn't trust them going forward. This should be epic.

Probably in the areas marked in red.

ak.gif

Three things,

1.This is Disney's answer to Potter
2.The leak of Transformers info coming to Orlando was not an accident.
3.Potter Phase 2 budget just increased :lol:

I can't stress how big this is, I said it in another thread. We all win and I mean WIN! Over the next five years the battle will rage on unlike anything we have seen since the mid 90's in themepark wars, and its happening in our backyard.

I still wish Beastly Kingdom would have become a reality. At least dragons are animals in a sense, whereas the Na'vi are a humanoid race with some animal-like features. It could be neat, though. Pandora was a very visually engaging world.

I still wish Beastly Kingdom would have become a reality. At least dragons are animals in a sense, whereas the Na'vi are a humanoid race with some animal-like features. It could be neat, though. Pandora was a very visually engaging world.

You have a point, but I think this fits in a lot better with the environmentally friendly aspect of the park.

I don't think the Na'vi are the animals in this situation. I think the animals of Pandora are the animals, the Na'vi are guides. I'm guessing it would go in the back of the park. You want the biggest attraction/land to pull the guests deep inside. Or so the theory goes.

Three things,

I can't stress how big this is, I said it in another thread. We all win and I mean WIN! Over the next five years the battle will rage on unlike anything we have seen since the mid 90's in themepark wars, and its happening in our backyard.

I agree mostly. We all do win. I kind of hate though how anything new Disney does now is automatically assumed to be in response to Potter. I mean, Marvel was in response to Potter. Fantasyland was in response to Potter. Now Avatar is in response to Potter, too? Maybe Disney is actually making something new for the sake of being having something new like they have been doing for decades. Remember how they acquired rights to Muppets, Star Wars, Indy, Pixar, Goosbumps, TNMT, Power Rangers, Etc. in the pre-Potter days simply to make cool attractions? Why are they not allowed to carry that tradition without being made out to look desperate in response to a company whose two Orlando parks combined (with Potter) still can't match the earnings of Magic Kingdom? Some things, like Gaston's beverages, are certainly nodding to Potter, but to draw any big move Disney does in direct comparison to Harry Potter seems bogus to me.

Three things,

Yes. I'm literally picturing the same situation where Disney swoops in with this huge idea for a land instead of 1 attraction. But oh God, get ready to see the characters as Na'vi people.

Honestly, I don't think Steven Spielberg was the one in charge of leaking info about Transformers coming to USF. Come on. :lol:

Let's hope!

And I thought Cars Land was a stupid move.

Come ON, WDI, where is the originality that made some of the best theme parks in the world?

At least the Wizarding World of Harry Potter can tie into the storyline of Islands of Adventure. Animal Kingdom is about EARTH's animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.