Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the article on The Verge:

According to Disney, the system can work with both real and artificial plants. "From the viewpoint of our sensor," the company says, "there is no difference between living and artificial." As for actual applications for the technology, Disney says that it can be used to "design highly interactive responsive environments based on plants."

Along with this http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/6/3001269/disney-touche-swept-frequency-capacitive-touch-sensor... something tells me that Disney isn't paying a bunch of people to sit half a world away to create technology that won't see the light of day.

Screamscape says to expect FOTLK to close in January.

(8/10/12) The latest buzz from the Rhinos is that the Festival of the Lion King show is expected to close in January to make way for Avatar. The long term plan is to move to into a new theater somewhere, but it sounds like the show will close down complete long before this happens.

That plant tech is cool, the only problem with that is little kids will not touch a plant gently like that, they will try to pick it up, shake, flick it, squeeze, and otherwise kill it....so unless they plan to have a bunch of orchids around since they are "uber sensitive", then this is pretty damn pointless and more money wasted by Disney for technology thats cool, but has no real practical purpose.

Screamscape also says to contact in his wife for weight loss information, you going to believe everything on there? :lol:

BUUUUUT, I would expect it sometime early next year in order to start demo, which should take about a year on Disney's timelime.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the attractions was a screen ride only because Avatar's only selling point was how it looked. I was hoping for more but seeing that it would be AK's only screen ride it's not as bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the attractions was a screen ride only because Avatar's only selling point was how it looked. I was hoping for more but seeing that it would be AK's only screen ride it's not as bad.

Well we do have tough to be a bug, but I agree. Disney only has a few screen-based attractions anyway so, as long as it has an original aspect, I wouldn't mind at all.

Screamscape also says to contact in his wife for weight loss information, you going to believe everything on there? :lol:

BUUUUUT, I would expect it sometime early next year in order to start demo, which should take about a year on Disney's timelime.

Spirit is suggesting this is really a back-door cost-cutting measure. Essentially, ditch a high-cost, Equity-heavy show and blame it on "construction."

Still, hard to believe TDO would sacrifice the park's #1 attraction in guest satisfaction. Maybe things really are that bad. But already the fanboi reaction seems to be the worst I've seen since the D23 embarrassment.

Last edited:
Spirit is suggesting this is really a back-door cost-cutting measure. Essentially, ditch a high-cost, Equity-heavy show and blame it on "construction."

Still, hard to believe TDO would sacrifice the park's #1 attraction in guest satisfaction. Maybe things really are that bad. But already the fanboi reaction seems to be the worst I've seen since the D23 embarrassment.

Rumblings are that it may never come back. Take that for what it's worth.

Yes, as in Survey says. It's NOT coming back. You (and your friendly Spirit) are DEAD on! And I mean DEAD literally! I have to admit that my commet was too ambiguios. sorry!

:lol: No worries. I actually didn't get that from Spirit for what it's worth.

And if it's not, that so shameful. An expansion shouldn't take away offerings.

Well FotLK WAS suppossed to be a temp show, so its not surprising thats its finally going the way of the dodo.....anyway IT can replace Nemo?

I don't know who likes that show, but it was OK, not compared to LK.

Who knows. FotLK was made up of reused junk from the Lion King parade, whereas Nemo was all-new for the show so they may not want to throw away a recent investment like that.

Walt Disney World is proud to present a brand new show called "Festival of the Clown Fish!" A high energy new show ...blah, blah blah......Disney's Animal Kingdom.... blah, blah, blah...Walt Disney World Resort!....blah, blah blah...Premiering Summer 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.