Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Cameron can kick Disney into shape.

I doubt it, if Cameron wants to make this exactly the way he wants then it's going to take a LONG time. I'm sure he could care less for how long it takes. But then again wouldn't Cameron flip if half of pandora was filled with work walls for the second phase?

Considering Spirit was originally saying something along the lines of "shelved until they can do it right", is this possibly a situation where Disney wanted to cut the budget on the ride and Cameron didn't want to approve that, so the best alternative to "do it right" is to push it to phase two?

Obviously I have no sources, but that's how it sounds to me.

Was this supposed to use the multidimensional boat system? If so, maybe they're waiting to see how the Pirates in Shanghai goes over first.

So apparently Cirque du Soleil is teaming up with Cameron to do an Avatar based Show....but it doesn't seem like it's coming to the parks although part of me is saying it will if budget cuts ensue...

So apparently Cirque du Soleil is teaming up with Cameron to do an Avatar based Show....but it doesn't seem like it's coming to the parks although part of me is saying it will if budget cuts ensue...

I'm pretty sure this won't effect avatar land (thank the lord) if we do get this boat ride I hope it has a innovative new ride system. I'm also really curious if we'd get navi AAs, that'd be cool

What is multidimensional boat system?

A boat ride with 3D glasses on?

I think it's ok Disney is cutting this expansion in different phases because all the expansions for the hotels must be expensive and with all the extra guests that stay in these extra rooms no extra money will come in... wait eh I dislike this whole taking your time with the theme park stuff.

It's multi-directional. And basically a blend of a boat ride and omni-mover that Disney patented and is using on the Shanghai Pirates.

Its still quite hard to understand how that would work so I guess I will wait to see how it looks on video once it comes out.

So any news on this? Any more photo's of work being done?

They are still clearing land from one place, and then changing their minds and moving the cleared land back, flattening earth in one place and then humping i back up higher, then kicking some sand, and then retiring to talk about it for a few years. They don't take a dump without first having a plan, and then changing it. Meanwhile, Avatar the movie is all but forgotten.

why do you think this

Because there has been basically no progress from when the last aerial photo was taken and now and there have been rumblings about more delays. Maybe the floating mountains maybe the attractions maybe both. It seems what teebs joked about is basically true.

Could be wrong but I think that's kind of the general consensus with many people right now

Because there has been basically no progress from when the last aerial photo was taken and now and there have been rumblings about more delays. Maybe the floating mountains maybe the attractions maybe both

what delays? as a pro avatar guy I ve followed this project closely...not sure where the delays are coming from...they started the pours in August and it looks like they should be going vertical in the next month or two

there have been no aerials since june 20th so we don't know what they ve done since then

Status
Not open for further replies.