Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The intent of Volcano Bay is to make UOR a more attractive multi-day destination theme park resort. And in doing so, they will steal some of Disney's business.

A lot of people have done Disney to death. Disney hasn't added anything substantial in a long time. And Universal is adding like crazy. I predict we will see a lot more people base camping at a Uni resort and making day trips to Disney to see the new stuff as they add it.

And that brings us back to Avatar. I don't think Avatar is going to be a huge draw for WDW. It will just effect the traffic flow of people in and around to resort. The only people I know that are excited for Avatar are Disney World fans who would be going 5 times a year whether they built it or not.

I think Uni's medium term goal is to justify selling 7 day park hopper tickets. Disney's is to get people to stop spending 3-4 out of 7 days in MK.

Neither will quite achieve that by 2017, but from the sounds of things they are both getting closer. Uni ultimately will need the third park and Disney will ultimately need to fix Epcot.

i kinda feel the easiest way to fix Epcot would be just to pack in another 3-5 rides and Epcot would be fine.Maybe dust off the original plans for world showcse

Reactions: Cole
i kinda feel the easiest way to fix Epcot would be just to pack in another 3-5 rides and Epcot would be fine.Maybe dust off the original plans for world showcse
World Showcase isn't the issue though (although it's terribly underdeveloped as far as rides go).

Future World is where everything has hit the fan. And right now I think they really don't exactly know what to do with the place.

Reactions: Mad Dog
World Showcase isn't the issue though (although it's terribly underdeveloped as far as rides go).

Future World is where everything has hit the fan. And right now I think they really don't exactly know what to do with the place.

I think Test Track might be a hint of what they have in mind, they might have their eye on doing stuff with a futuristic slant again.

To me, future world is the only thing that makes Epcot a theme park. The fact an entire half of a 300 acre park has only two tiny little rides is absolutely embarrassing. Especially since world showcase has so much potential. Countries are so rich with mythology, culture and history that you could easily make 3 rides in each pavilion based on those things alone. like look at Japan, you could probably think of a billion things that could fit perfectly for rides. I know that isn't the "purpose" of world showcase but who says it has to be? A celebration of culture can mean anything and if a ride can do it in your friggin theme park then I don't see the problem. I agree future world is a mess but at least it's full of attractions instead of just restaurants and street shows. It needs a major rethinking

World Showcase isn't really about rides. It's about dining and shopping. It's a giant themed mall. Don't kid yourself.

ALL of Future Worlds Attractions are average to below average in my opinion. the "refurbs" they have done have all be for the worst (with the exception of Test Track I guess). They even found a way to ruin Spaceship Earth...I didn't think that was even possible, but they did.

Yeah, World Showcase's problem isn't that each country needs a ride... :lol:

Now I wouldn't be opposed if a few attractions were included to help spread the park out a bit more. Re-visit the Mt. Fuji idea for Japan, Rhine River for Germany.

But that's for a different thread....

Reactions: IzzyB
World Showcase isn't really about rides. It's about dining and shopping. It's a giant themed mall. Don't kid yourself.

ALL of Future Worlds Attractions are average to below average in my opinion. the "refurbs" they have done have all be for the worst (with the exception of Test Track I guess). They even found a way to ruin Spaceship Earth...I didn't think that was even possible, but they did.
Yep.

World Showcase is fine the way it is (a few more rides would be welcomed, but I won't argue with it's current state too much). Future World on the other hand is just a mess.

Now I wouldn't be opposed if a few attractions were included to help spread the park out a bit more. Re-visit the Mt. Fuji idea for Japan, Rhine River for Germany.

Don't you mean "Elsa's FROZEN Mt. Fuji Adventure" and "Olaf's FROZEN German River Through Time"?

I agree. Tear down Mission Space and make room for Light Coasters.
GUT the Imagination Pavilion and make a large Inside Out ride. 60% of that building is vacant.
Drain the giant fish tank, put new glass, new interior structure to the Seas...revamp that finding nemo ride.
Remove Jib Jab from Spaceship Earth, and make a really grand finale again.
Take Ellen out of Universe of Energy, update the film or get rid of it all together. Expand the "ride" portion.

Reactions: martymcflyy85

It wasn't really meant to be that way, though, it has the potential to be so much more. Like if they built that Mt. Fuji attraction in Japan.

Agreed. World showcase is not a place for a ton of rides, but a few could be added here and there and I think it would enhance the area. Future world is the issue and needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP.

Reactions: *Q*
I just thought of this today. If this attraction proves somewhat/quite popular, how many of the externally owned parks (Japan) will beg for a copy of it, like Potter? Will they want it so much that they're willing to pay for it?

I just thought of this today. If this attraction proves somewhat/quite popular, how many of the externally owned parks (Japan) will beg for a copy of it, like Potter? Will they want it so much that they're willing to pay for it?
Japan.OLC may be willing too (although they have a lot going on right now both in TDL and TDS), but I don't see Disney bringing this to any of the parks that they have a majority say in.

If WS isn't about having rides they need to cut their ticket prices in half. They means they're badically charging theme park admission for a park where half of it is an outdoor mall.

Reactions: Cole and Disneyhead
Status
Not open for further replies.