Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Maybe not, but then that does kind of limit what they can do with the "riding dragons" concept. I don't think just a coaster would do it justice. But we'll see.

I mean, personally I don’t think FoP pulls off the “riding” simulation well at all, so I think a coaster or a Robo coaster would be better

If they could do some kind of next-level coaster/dark ride hybrid in a massive (and I mean massive) showbuilding, swooping in and around elaborate sets, that could be very impressive.

It would also be massively expensive.

Obviously ive been a big fan of Pandora from the beginning
I love the setting because its so different from other theme park lands. I would never compare Gringotts to FOP because they are both different experiences same with Kong its like comparing steak to strawberry Pie to me both incredible experiences but in a different way. The artistry of the land is what makes it a special theme park land from day to night and the changes some small some not not make it a complete land. If NRJ would ve been a 6 minute ride with a drop the land would be that much better but thats just my opinion because DAK needed a kids ride. FOP was needed at this park because its indoors and air conditioned, and its thrilling in a different way. Satuli is also an incredible counter service perfect for what the park needed ( i could make an argument that DAK has the best food on property (or at least the best counter service food)
So when i look at the land as a whole i say quality E ticket, great execution of theme, really good food bottom line its been a pretty big success.

additionally it got people to DAK and kept them there into the evening

Looking at the last few weeks of Touring Plan 'observed' stand by line times of Navii River Journey and Flight of Passage, Navii lines are generally 10 to 20 minutes longer than FOP's. I'm guessing that's testament to how low Navii's capacity is.

When I first saw this I thought it was something disney did, and I was going to make a joke about getting into the horror business to compete with uni. Now, I'm just scared.

Edit: I read taking as talking. Woops. Now I just feel silly

Last edited:
Some very very strange ones out there that just snort way too much dust.....Like the guy in his 20's-30's sitting next to me on Slinky last week. As soon as the ride started he pulled out some oversized Mickey Ears and put them on. Then he proceeded to narrate the entire ride in detail, loud enough for everyone to hear, in his best Toy Story cowboy impression.:lmao:.....I'd guess these are the types that get on theme park forums and loudly denounce anything Universal does, without visiting the Universal parks themselves.

Some very very strange ones out there that just snort way too much dust.....Like the guy in his 20's-30's sitting next to me on Slinky last week. As soon as the ride started he pulled out some oversized Mickey Ears and put them on. Then he proceeded to narrate the entire ride in detail, loud enough for everyone to hear, in his best Toy Story cowboy impression.:lmao:.....I'd guess these are the types that get on theme park forums and loudly denounce anything Universal does, without visiting the Universal parks themselves.

Now that's creepy!