Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Now that's creepy!
Sitting next to someone like that was certainly a weird feeling. I didn't want to be rude and laugh at him since he was really serious about the whole thing. Reminded me of a SNL sketch with John Belushi doing his Mickey Mouse Club satires. Seemed like he was living in his own little special world. And I bet there's lots more like that out there.

Some very very strange ones out there that just snort way too much dust.....Like the guy in his 20's-30's sitting next to me on Slinky last week. As soon as the ride started he pulled out some oversized Mickey Ears and put them on. Then he proceeded to narrate the entire ride in detail, loud enough for everyone to hear, in his best Toy Story cowboy impression.:lmao:.....I'd guess these are the types that get on theme park forums and loudly denounce anything Universal does, without visiting the Universal parks themselves.

Maybe they were a vlogger?

The creepiest thing to ever happen to me in the parks was waiting in line for Journey to Atlantis in July behind a guy wearing a trench coat and was clearly on something. My dad created a barrier between him and me, my brother, sister and mum. We almost got put in the same boat as him until he switched at the last second. Didn't think anything else of it until we seen the news the next day with his photo on the screen since he decided to stay in the park after hours and go for a swim with Tilikum...

Maybe they were a vlogger?

The creepiest thing to ever happen to me in the parks was waiting in line for Journey to Atlantis in July behind a guy wearing a trench coat and was clearly on something. My dad created a barrier between him and me, my brother, sister and mum. We almost got put in the same boat as him until he switched at the last second. Didn't think anything else of it until we seen the news the next day with his photo on the screen since he decided to stay in the park after hours and go for a swim with Tilikum...
Vlogger? :lol:I don't think so. He said it was his first Disney vacation 'since' June and that he really needed this one. And...this was not Vlogger type commentary, to say the least. :lol:

Sitting next to someone like that was certainly a weird feeling. I didn't want to be rude and laugh at him since he was really serious about the whole thing. Reminded me of a SNL sketch with John Belushi doing his Mickey Mouse Club satires. Seemed like he was living in his own little special world. And I bet there's lots more like that out there.

I once sat next to a dude on Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout who had his own walkman for... unknown reasons. He turned to me and said, "I hope you don't mind if I rock out." And I just sort of offered a polite/confused nod. As soon as the music started, he started screeching the lyrics and airplaying the guitar/throwing his head around like he was at a rock concert.

It was... obnoxious, to say the least.

Finally got to do Pandora yesterday. I’ll have a larger post/article on my thoughts later but I enjoyed my time.
FOP was even better than my expectations. They had been tempered a bit since many of the reviews I saw on various theme park sites, after the initial flush of 'best attraction ever', were more along the 'good to very good' level . While I didn't think it was the 'best attraction ever', my initial reaction (granted I only did one ride) was that it is an 'excellent' attraction. The land is quite beautiful and, to me, fits in well with the AK look and landscaping. Floating mountains were much better looking than I expected. Not a whole lot to do was the only negative, but NFL has the same issue. All in all it was a strong addition that makes the park seem more whole, though a bit overpriced (but that's Disney's MO), if insiders estimates are close to correct. I'm very interested in what you will be saying.

FOP was even better than my expectations. They had been tempered a bit since many of the reviews I saw on various theme park sites, after the initial flush of 'best attraction ever', were more along the 'good to very good' level . While I didn't think it was the 'best attraction ever', my initial reaction (granted I only did one ride) was that it is an 'excellent' attraction. The land is quite beautiful and, to me, fits in well with the AK look and landscaping. Floating mountains were much better looking than I expected. Not a whole lot to do was the only negative, but NFL has the same issue. All in all it was a strong addition that makes the park seem more whole, though a bit overpriced (but that's Disney's MO), if insiders estimates are close to correct. I'm very interested in what you will be saying.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I am no Disney apologist, much more enjoy my time at US, but FOP is in my top 3 attractions in Orlando. As I’ve only ridden it once, it’s possible that distinction could rise or fall on more ride experiences, but both myself and my wife got off the ride saying “wow”. Execution of the actual ride seems flawless.

To sum, this cheapskate is still strongly considering spending $300 on our upcoming trip purely to ride this one ride, to us, it is that good.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I am no Disney apologist, much more enjoy my time at US, but FOP is in my top 3 attractions in Orlando. As I’ve only ridden it once, it’s possible that distinction could rise or fall on more ride experiences, but both myself and my wife got off the ride saying “wow”. Execution of the actual ride seems flawless.

To sum, this cheapskate is still strongly considering spending $300 on our upcoming trip purely to ride this one ride, to us, it is that good.

FoP is a top three ride... in DAK. :)

Heading up to Disney next weekend and got a 1 day park hopper for Saturday. Planning on starting the day at Animal Kingdom since they have Extra Magic Hours from 8-9 am. We tried this about a year ago and we still found the lines at 120 minutes for FOP and 90 minutes from the River Journey at around 8:30 am. Should we expect the same situation? Or have things finally calmed down since Toy Story opened at DHS?

Heading up to Disney next weekend and got a 1 day park hopper for Saturday. Planning on starting the day at Animal Kingdom since they have Extra Magic Hours from 8-9 am. We tried this about a year ago and we still found the lines at 120 minutes for FOP and 90 minutes from the River Journey at around 8:30 am. Should we expect the same situation? Or have things finally calmed down since Toy Story opened at DHS?
Things should be hopefully somewhat better. Flight of Passage seems to be running at a better capacity lately, but Navi River Journey has seen much longer lines, so there's no fixing that one's capacity issues apparently.

I'd get there are early as possible for extra magic hours, and probably expect to wait up to an hour for Flight of Passage, (hopefully it won't be that bad). I feel the ride is worth it. Anything more than 45 mins for River Journey and I might skip it, but that's me personally. I would definitely do Flight of Passage first though, just in case there's a problem because then the wait could shoot up.

See if you can go late afternoon or evening, lines seem to die down by then.

What I did this spring was get a FP for the river and rope dropped FoP. I don't know if you can do EMH but if you can I think that may work well for you. I have no problem getting to the gates early so it worked for me. Went back for a late ride on FoP and had about an hour wait as there was a DVC event that night which was crowded.

Unfortunately we were not able to get FP for either ride, but I'm checking daily and hoping to get lucky. My wife is pregnant so I don't think she can even do FOP...