1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Pandora: World of Avatar Photos, Videos, & Reviews

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom' started by Brian G., May 3, 2017.

1. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

For the Monday where a lot of counties started school, I don't quite think that's it. I'm guessing theaters down?

2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I would guess so. Orange county started school today, but some surrounding counties don't go back until next week.

The waits have been oddly high lately, I will say. I do wonder if one or even two of the theatres are down for an extended period of time. Either way, this is why DAK needs to be expanded and not just see a lazy overlay. The park needs more rides for times when FoP may be having theatre issues and with an increase of people in the park, they need more to do as well.

Jones14 likes this.
  3. AliciaStella

AliciaStella Premium Member

Lots of guests from oversees in the parks today. Seems to be compensating for all the locals that have gone to school already.

Nick likes this.
  4. LieutLaww

LieutLaww Premium Member

Yup UK kids are still on holiday for another 2 weeks, and plenty of them came over on Sunday so that probably isn't helping.

5. Corey Mathery

Corey Mathery Newcomer

scott_walker, UNIrd, Skold and 9 others like this.
  6. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Nice photo idea. Very interesting......Kind of contrary to most comments, I prefer the night version of this area. The daylight version just looks way too over the top gaudy & plastic.

Teebin likes this.
  7. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Haven't seen it at night, but you are 100 percent correct on the day version. It's just plastic fake plants.

Teebin and Mad Dog like this.
  8. epcyclopedia

epcyclopedia BANNED

But that's with camera exposure - the day is a little less "bright" in the colors, and at night it's just dark. Hella hella dark.

Joe and P@n!K_Sw1tC# like this.
  9. Corey Mathery

Corey Mathery Newcomer

This is very true, I have a very vibrant editing style. So it might not be completely true to life. Plus the long exposure does make the night shots look better too. But I still think the area looks fantastic once your eyes get adjusted. I just think its because they are going for that Bio Luminescence look rather than making things look "lit up". Just my thoughts :D

10. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Haven't been there so I can give a true judgement. Just commenting on what Pandora looks like in that comparison shot....And yes, it seems like most reviews complain it's way too dark in the evening. ...Disney kind of did the same with New Fantasy Land. It's so dark that very few people walk through, or linger there, in the night.....Don't know why they keep doing that. It's really not very inviting.

11. Corey Mathery

Corey Mathery Newcomer

I think Pandora's lighting sets the mood of the place very well. Even if it is a little dark, I think if it was any brighter, the black lights would not work as well to light up the pathways. But I will say that it does feel darker than the river journey, but then again. The outside areas of Pandora are themed to a different area than the river journey is. Anyways, I like the way its lit, and I wouldn't change it honestly.

I know you said you haven't been, so i'm not speaking to you directly, just speaking my thoughts :D

Ashhanbre likes this.
  12. Corey Mathery

Corey Mathery Newcomer

Just wanted to share my POV of the Na'Vi River Journey!

Joe and Mad Dog like this.
  13. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

I went on Flight of Passage yesterday, and it's honestly a Top 3 ride in Orlando. It's an incredible experience from start to finish (I didn't even do standby!) and feels so realistic. Disney and Jimbo knocked it out of the park on this one.

The land itself is cool. I didn't spend much time walking around and didn't go over to the River Journey's area, but the land kind of lacks kinetic energy. Maybe it's a different story at night :shrug: