Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar Photos, Videos, & Reviews

Had the chance to check this out yesterday. Here are some key takeaways.

- The land is a lot smaller than I imagined in person.
- Flight of Passage queue is the best I've ever been in. Flawless.
- Flight of Passage backstory and explanation make sense and is inspiring.
- The actual ride was less intense than some make it out to be on here. It feels a lot like the motions on Spiderman/Transformers while sitting horseback.
- Was surprised by the amount of water on the ride but appreciate it for adding depth to the experience.
- River Journey was as expected. A bit hard to find but another ride with a fantastic queue.
- Pandora really gives AK more of a big park feel rather than being a half day experience. The place needs one more killer E-ticket and it'll compete with the best of them.

*Most Important*
- The land blends in beautifully with the rest of Animal Kingdom! Was concerned that this would stick out like a sore thumb, but it fit's in perfectly and doesn't take away anything from the level of realism on display throughout the rest of the park.

Last edited:
My fiance and I have only been to Pandora a couple times and haven't been able to get on the rides yet because of the absurd wait times. So maybe I haven't given it a fair shake yet, but I just don't get it. I haven't seen Avatar nor was I ever interested so maybe I'm being unfair. But I just don't get it. It's small, all the "plant life" looks fake. Even at night, it just looks like any other theme park area at night. I've never read or seen a Harry Potter film but Diagon Alley blew me away the first time I stepped inside. I'm glad other people enjoy the area but I still can't believe Disney poured so much money into what I find to be a baffling property.

My fiance and I have only been to Pandora a couple times and haven't been able to get on the rides yet because of the absurd wait times. So maybe I haven't given it a fair shake yet, but I just don't get it. I haven't seen Avatar nor was I ever interested so maybe I'm being unfair. But I just don't get it. It's small, all the "plant life" looks fake. Even at night, it just looks like any other theme park area at night. I've never read or seen a Harry Potter film but Diagon Alley blew me away the first time I stepped inside. I'm glad other people enjoy the area but I still can't believe Disney poured so much money into what I find to be a baffling property.
If you get on the app day of you can easily snag a river journey and with some persistnence a Flight of passage FP. Yesterday I scored my brother 2 for FoP and could have gotten him a 3rd all same day. The land is pretty but there is really nothing to experience there past the cursory taking it all in. Diagon does have more nuance and different things to look at in all the storefronts and such. So without the rides Pandora is boring and hot, but the rides make the land.

So without the rides Pandora is boring and hot, but the rides make the land.
Very true, but the rides in Pandora are a Screen and a very short but pretty boat ride.

I havent personally been to Pandora (Nor seen videos of the rides or majority of the land) but will later this year, i just wished the Main e-ticket was something more physical than a simulator, River journey sounds great other than being short, they really should of just made River journey into a longer ride with a small drop (a water fall on the river).

And i'm not saying i hate the land. I'm VERY excited to explore Pandora as well as Animal Kingdom being my favorite park.

Very true, but the rides in Pandora are a Screen and a very short but pretty boat ride.

I havent personally been to Pandora (Nor seen videos of the rides or majority of the land) but will later this year, i just wished the Main e-ticket was something more physical than a simulator, River journey sounds great other than being short, they really should of just made River journey into a longer ride with a small drop (a water fall on the river).

And i'm not saying i hate the land. I'm VERY excited to explore Pandora as well as Animal Kingdom being my favorite park.
Flight of Passage is way more than just a "screen".

Flight of Passage is way more than just a "screen".
Agreed, It's now my Wife's favourite WDW attraction.

We only managed to ride once, but absolutely loved it. It is a screen, and being a tech geek I looked around the edges and down at the other theatre levels. But it is very impressive.

s-5cd08a726bb58c3225abc9883b228df9b7afbb36.gif

ITS SO....BEAUTIFUL......

Finally no able to be there today. The land itself is very good, but those plants during the day? Not digging them. Far too plastic and fake looking. The mountains and waterfalls are absolutely gorgeous though.

Was only able to snag a FOP fast pass while inside AK and the ride was really good. They do need to figure out how to make the glasses fit better. Probably one of my favorite rides now, but no way can I put it above FJ or probably not even Spider-Man. The screen did seem a little blurry to me, might have been due to the glasses continuously moving and falling down.

Was only able to snag a FOP fast pass while inside AK and the ride was really good.

So you got a day-of FP? If i may, ask, how big was your party? We're not going until spring, but i am dreading how we're going to do this. Even 60-day FPs are hard to get.

So you got a day-of FP? If i may, ask, how big was your party? We're not going until spring, but i am dreading how we're going to do this. Even 60-day FPs are hard to get.
Just the wife and I. I just constantly check the app for options while I'm in the park. At like 1050 I checked and there was one for 225, then I kept trying to modify it and got it for 1:25, but there were options for like 1:45 and 4:45 after also.

Just the wife and I. I just constantly check the app for options while I'm in the park. At like 1050 I checked and there was one for 225, then I kept trying to modify it and got it for 1:25, but there were options for like 1:45 and 4:45 after also.

Nice!

Finally no able to be there today. The land itself is very good, but those plants during the day? Not digging them. Far too plastic and fake looking. The mountains and waterfalls are absolutely gorgeous though.

Was only able to snag a FOP fast pass while inside AK and the ride was really good. They do need to figure out how to make the glasses fit better. Probably one of my favorite rides now, but no way can I put it above FJ or probably not even Spider-Man. The screen did seem a little blurry to me, might have been due to the glasses continuously moving and falling down.
I rode it as well and agree with your opinion...It is a must-see at AK, but in the context of all Orlando has ToT, Spiderman, FJ and even Gringotts top it

I rode it as well and agree with your opinion...It is a must-see at AK, but in the context of all Orlando has ToT, Spiderman, FJ and even Gringotts top it
I think if anyone disagrees that FJ and Spider-Man are better it's almost pure lunacy, but I do think there's a case to be made that FoP is better than ToT and at least on par with Gringotts.

I enjoyed it more than ToT and would probably say it's better for sure if I actually seen the whole queue.

The preshow is bad though. I'm not sure if having a bad actor was the plan, but it didn't work for me.

I think if anyone disagrees that FJ and Spider-Man are better it's almost pure lunacy, but I do think there's a case to be made that FoP is better than ToT and at least on par with Gringotts.
I'll be honest..I personally connect with the story of ToT and Gringotts more...Purely my opinion

I did love FoP though, don't get me wrong