Paramount+ | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Paramount+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A whole bevy of news for Paramount+ today, with multiple IP's being discussed today.

I'll list a few of note:
  • Sonic The Hedgehog will be promoted to become an established film & TV universe, with Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and, an Idris Elba led Knuckles TV series greenlit and now in development
  • More high-level films will be debuting on Paramount+ after their film releases, including Babylon; A Quiet Place Part III; A brand new Theatrical SpongeBob film, and many more
  • South Park will be moving by 2025 overall to Paramount+, with new episodes debuting first on the service effective in 2024
  • Paramount+ will be expanding regions, beginning with the UK in the summer, followed by multiple other regions after.
Viacom and ViacomCBS will also be rebranded in trade, as simply Paramount going forward.

A whole bevy of news for Paramount+ today, with multiple IP's being discussed today.

I'll list a few of note:
  • Sonic The Hedgehog will be promoted to become an established film & TV universe, with Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and, an Idris Elba led Knuckles TV series greenlit and now in development
  • More high-level films will be debuting on Paramount+ after their film releases, including Babylon; A Quiet Place Part III; A brand new Theatrical SpongeBob film, and many more
  • South Park will be moving by 2025 overall to Paramount+, with new episodes debuting first on the service effective in 2024
  • Paramount+ will be expanding regions, beginning with the UK in the summer, followed by multiple other regions after.
Viacom and ViacomCBS will also be rebranded in trade, as simply Paramount going forward.

TMNT and Transformers are also getting new films and TV shows.

Also Halo has been greenlite for a second season, its been a good day for this Service.

Yeah, it's genuinely great to see Paramount beginning to see the benefits that comes with Paramount+.

Knuckles being led by Idris, the TMNT Villain projects, and Babylon finally being given an update makes me excited for the future.

TMNT and Transformers are also getting new films and TV shows.

Also Halo has been greenlite for a second season, its been a good day for this Service.
That’s showing a ton of confidence in Halo, very similarly to how The Mandalorian got a season 2 green light before airing.

I'll list a few of note:

I had a feeling when Paramount+ announced the exclusive South Park specials, it was an indication that they regretted allowing HBO Max to get the rights to one of their biggest franchises.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'm confused...the announcements they made are all liked and with Ip's that make sense...why would the stock fall?

South Park coming only to it is huge alone

I have a feeling if the stock price doesn't go back up, Paramount+ won't be launching half the shows they mentioned.

I expect the stock to bounce back pretty quick, but either way, I don't think that will affect the production of any of this. Netflix's stock nosedived a few weeks ago and they are chugging forward with business as usual. these services are useless without content. What everyone is trying to figure out is how do the streaming services become profitable, which probably means we'll continue to see price increase and the introduction of an ad-supported Netflix tier.

I'm confused...the announcements they made are all liked and with Ip's that make sense...why would the stock fall?

Stock probably fell because it's a crap ton in spending with no clear plan on how to break even on the service.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I expect the stock to bounce back pretty quick, but either way, I don't think that will affect the production of any of this. Netflix's stock nosedived a few weeks ago and they are chugging forward with business as usual. these services are useless without content. What everyone is trying to figure out is how do the streaming services become profitable, which probably means we'll continue to see price increase and the introduction of an ad-supported Netflix tier.

Stock probably fell because it's a crap ton in spending with no clear plan on how to break even on the service.
Looks at HBO, Netflix, Disney Plus

Yeah...doesn't seem to be holding them back

Looks at HBO, Netflix, Disney Plus

Yeah...doesn't seem to be holding them back
None of those streaming services make money. None. They are all money losers.

And eventually, you run out of potential new subscribers, much like Netflix is doing in the US. Their stock has subsequently gone from a high of $700 in November to just under $400 as of today.

the kid ips can't compete against Cocomelon and Disney, and they are overly reliant on Taylor Sheridan and all the yellowstone spin-offs. Additionally with paramount not selling the content anymore to outside streamers to focus on growth of paramount +, there will be a loss of guaranteed revenue. Lastly, the film division isn't as strong as Disney, Universal, or Warner so there is some conflicts there as well.

the kid ips can't compete against Cocomelon and Disney, and they are overly reliant on Taylor Sheridan and all the yellowstone spin-offs. Additionally with paramount not selling the content anymore to outside streamers to focus on growth of paramount +, there will be a loss of guaranteed revenue. Lastly, the film division isn't as strong as Disney, Universal, or Warner so there is some conflicts there as well.

I would argue though, that comes down to the sense of direction.

They seem to have things lining up more properly now, with Sonic; A Quiet Place; Transformers; Star Trek; and Mission Impossible being the maintained IP's for Paramount Pic's, with Nickelodeon strengthening for Avatar and SpongeBob. I also think it comes down to, as @Nick mentioned, Paramount still having content on other platforms.

It's going to hurt for the moment, but once Paramount gets that maintained hold on everything, they can then dedicate much more strongly for them. I'm definitely far more interested at Paramount than I am of Peacock or even AppleTV+.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nick
I'm definitely far more interested at Paramount than I am of Peacock or even AppleTV+.
If I had to rank streaming services in terms of how I like/use them, it would be:

1. Netflix
2. HBO Max
3. Hulu
4. Disney+
5. Paramount+
6. Prime Video
7. Apple TV+
8. Peacock

That's me not even mentioning Discovery+, AMC+, etc, which i've never used.

Steaming lost them about half a Billion. I feel like this streaming service will need to combine with another to survive

That Dungeons & Dragons movie ended up here, and you know what? It's actually quite fun. As befits its subject matter, feels right out of the 80s; an action-comedy equal parts LadyHawke and Ghostbusters. None of the leads are going to win an Oscar, but they all at least have onscreen charisma. The plot is by the numbers and drags in places--why is this 2.5 hours???--but the diversity in casting and costume/set design (along with the hodgepodge of accents) helps this not feel like another LotR rehash. That's an accomplishment for a film based on a blatant Tolkien rip-off. If anything, it feels more like Port of Entry at IoA expanded into an entire country.

Also, I laughed way too hard at
the fat dragon
. This movie's Slimer. It's little quirks like that that make it work. Not gonna be in anybody's top 10 this year, but worth a watch.