Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Passports gone on E.T. ?

Oh, so THAT'S what that's supposed to be! I thought it was supposed to be the cop shooting at you or something :lol: So people keep mentioning these space ship vehicles- was that ever a part of this ride?! That would make absolutely no sense...
Ba

Yes, they are hard to describe but looked nothing like spaceships. They were the same size as the bike RVs but had a floor.

Thought I would mention they are handing out the old Passports (mostly to kids) but you can get one to keep by asking a ride attendant. TMs did say they had newer cards for the improved name system and the ride would have a lengthy refurb before that rolls out.

Good, maybe that means a major update to the animatronics and show scenes to "plus" the ride for today's riders? Nice to hear that they're (allegedly) going to spend some money on the ride!

Thought I would mention they are handing out the old Passports (mostly to kids) but you can get one to keep by asking a ride attendant. TMs did say they had newer cards for the improved name system and the ride would have a lengthy refurb before that rolls out.
Cool...hopefully we see some updates..not telling what they could do with current projection and AA technology..

I went on the ride last Saturday and although they didn't hand out passports to register your name, there were still a few names that were said throughout the ride. I heard my name haha. Like when you go past the plant looking alien that sings: "welcome home, you've arrived..." I heard E.T. say "Michael"

The alien names are Brotanicus (ETs teacher), tickly (pumpkin head), orbdon (mushroom) and magdol (the disgusting pink girl)...I'm not ashamed that I know this information :blank:

The alien names are Brotanicus (ETs teacher), tickly (pumpkin head), orbdon (mushroom) and magdol (the disgusting pink girl)...I'm not ashamed that I know this information :blank:
Now that is funny...Just love the ET attraction. When we were there the other week, our last day at the park was the first time we had seen the large AA in the queue working. It wasn't working on any of the days we saw ET in Sept. 2013, May 2014 or the first two weeks of our vacation earlier this month. Good to see they didn't give up on it.

Now that is funny...Just love the ET attraction. When we were there the other week, our last day at the park was the first time we had seen the large AA in the queue working. It wasn't working on any of the days we saw ET in Sept. 2013, May 2014 or the first two weeks of our vacation earlier this month. Good to see they didn't give up on it.

That AA is probably the best one in the park, Brotanicus is way more lifelike than Imhotep could dream to be. It's also cool he has a tv in his staff

We did not get passsports all week long. The ride was in better shape than I remembered though! The over head city scene could use some help along with the animatronics.

there is a great fog effect when you get to his home. the first scene when they are playing music and celebrating, look down. the fog covers the ground. its great.

i hope they fix the water effect under the bouncing alien on the right in the scene right after that one.

there is a great fog effect when you get to his home. the first scene when they are playing music and celebrating, look down. the fog covers the ground. its great.

i hope they fix the water effect under the bouncing alien on the right in the scene right after that one.

Are you talking about the one where you go over the little pool and you can clearly see some hoses?

Are you talking about the one where you go over the little pool and you can clearly see some hoses?

nope. look at the alien all the way on the left on top of the green plant. he bounces up and down and there is a ring of water nozzles surrounding him at his base.

BB_horz_1_tcm13-4584.jpg