Penguin Trek (2024) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Penguin Trek (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe it could make sense for the prototype restraint system they patented?

A Surf-Coaster type 2 seats per row family coaster with those sitdown restraints may be why this is being possible, especially if it's able to do tighter turns.

Yeah if the coaster is a B&M then it would need to have a 2-wide train config.

I'm going to make a prediction - this will be designed for an early 2025 opening. Lets them ride Pipeline and Ice Breaker some, give them the proper time to do the careful construction around the animal habitats, and can advertise a new incredible family coaster right before EU opens.

I'm going to make a prediction - this will be designed for an early 2025 opening. Lets them ride Pipeline and Ice Breaker some, give them the proper time to do the careful construction around the animal habitats, and can advertise a new incredible family coaster right before EU opens.

From what I am gathering--it sounds like they've begun drilling footers for the coaster today, so unless if they plan on sitting out a year with a coaster complete (which could happen, it is SeaWorld) or if this coaster is going to have a higher level of theming than people are wondering, I think this is 2024.

From what I am gathering--it sounds like they've begun drilling footers for the coaster today, so unless if they plan on sitting out a year with a coaster complete (which could happen, it is SeaWorld) or if this coaster is going to have a higher level of theming than people are wondering, I think this is 2024.

I mean, is late 2024 that crazy or different than "early 2025"?

Surprised by the B&M news.

Do we think the BGT family coaster will be the straddle then?

I'm guessing there's no chance of it happening, but I'd love it if this included a proper expansion of the Antarctica area to encompass any guest-facing areas that this ride might occupy.
Don't torture yourself.

I think we'll get the arctic rescue package and an extra mural if we're lucky. It looks nice enough to me tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX
This looks promising, the Antarctica area has been a bit of a mess since the park reopened after the covid shutdown in 2020 so this is very welcome in my eyes. I particularly like how the station seems to be in the same space as the final scene in the old dark ride, meaning that if the glass is kept intact there should be some pretty nice views of the penguins from the onload/offload platform which will be super unique.

Time for someone to take a trip to the fabricator in Ohio and see what pieces of B&M track are in the yard...

Well, then let me go let RCDB know to update the manufacture of hulk as to be dual instead of just B&M lol. No matter who made the launch, it is B&M track and a B&M coaster. . . and B&M dark scene :cool:;).

Well, then let me go let RCDB know to update the manufacture of hulk as to be dual instead of just B&M lol. No matter who made the launch, it is B&M track and a B&M coaster. . . and B&M dark scene :cool:;).
Universal itself built the launch. There are some humorous videos of them testing out speeds and such and what worked... and what didn't :)

On the bright side, the dark ride scene could be interesting if it happens. I imagine it'd still be something Antarctica related, but I'm wondering if it would be closer to the Arctic Rescue theme rather than something story-driven like Empire of the Penguin.

On the other hand, I'm still disappointed SWO is adding an eighth roller coaster, especially one that's outdoors, rather than something the park needs and/or doesn't already have. In a place where most of the year sees daily rainstorms, temperatures in the 90's, and an average relative humidity of 90%, eliminating all indoor rides is just wild... Can you imagine if Caesar's Palace removed its roof or MCO made its terminals open air and eliminated the jet bridges? Making all rides weather dependent basically means anyone who's not a local with an annual pass is likely to end up unhappy with their visit and unlikely to consider returning.