Pet Peeves | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Pet Peeves

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought of another pet peeve.

Cheerleaders and dance teams. You know the ones. :bang:

There's nothing worse than standing in a 30 minute line and hearing cheers and chanting the entire time. :mad: I seriously feel like taking an ax to all of their heads.

Same with the Brazilian tour groups that literally RUN through the parks waving their flags and singing loudly. :hammer:

I thought of another pet peeve.

Cheerleaders and dance teams. You know the ones. :bang:

There's nothing worse than standing in a 30 minute line and hearing cheers and chanting the entire time. :mad: I seriously feel like taking an ax to all of their heads.

Same with the Brazilian tour groups that literally RUN through the parks waving their flags and singing loudly. :hammer:

YES and YES!
I share in your loathing here, girl!

30 min lines!!! you are lucky!

To be honest...I was on a Boy Scout Summer Camp staff. Back in like 98 or so...we did a staff trip to Disney World at the end of the summer. Going into the park we were singing our camp songs and the people from disney actually came over to us and said to tone it down because there are other people here. We did and it was still a fun day. lol.

Last edited:
One of my biggest pet peeves takes place at MIB, and it's families that use the single riders line to bypass the reg line, then moan and groan when they're asked to split up when they get to the front of the line, they sit there arguing and slow everything down for the rest of us.

Another one are the people who get in the Fast Pass or Express lines and some how sneak by and have no FP or Express ticket, then lie to the 2nd attendant about losing their FP or Express ticket, sometimes they just let them through just to avoid a conflict with the guest.:mad:

Another HUUUUGE pet peeve of mine is flash photography when you're not allowed to use it. It just pisses me off how inconsiderate people are to those around them trying to enjoy a certain ride or show. Its just plain rude. I had no problem letting someone know that during the floating Leota scene in HM. The guy between us got some nice footage on his video camera. lol

If you're the only person on the ride, that's a different story. But if there are people around you, SHUT OFF THE FLASH!

Some idiot today was taking pictures of the screens in Nemo with the flash on. Then still used the flash for the aquarium THROUGH THE GLASS. Obviously the pictures won't turn out, but at least he got to annoy me pretty good. :bang:

More stupidity of people....

On Monday, in math class the teacher went around giving each person in the class 30 seconds to talk about their interim and spring break. One person went to Orlando, and when asked by somebody else (not the teacher) if she went to Universal, she said she went to Disney. A few people began to talk sarcastically about the "thrill rides" there, mentioning mostly just MK rides (Space Mountain, etc.) Then, one girl mentions.... wait for it..... Mission: IMPOSSIBLE. That's right, IMPOSSIBLE! A movie series that Disney doesn't have the rights to! Oh, man... Plus, they forgot about DHS, Disney thrill central.

We went to the Magic Kingdom yesterday and I'd have to say my biggest pet peeve has got to also be the flash on the rides. Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Pooh, crap every ride someone was taking pictures with their flash! If it was my first time on these rides I'd have really been pissed.

Oh, and another spin on the monorail tip for everyone. When you are leaving the park and fighting the masses to get back to the transportation and ticket center the monorail crowds are out of control. You'll almost always get the lovely experience of standing! BUT, if you just get in the line that says to the resorts that monorail also will stop at the TTC. We do this everytime and usually have a whole car to ourselves while the other monorail is jammed pack with stinky, sweaty, and cranky tourists!

Ok, one more pet peeve, Spring break crowds, DUH! Please kick me if I ever think of going on a Saturday during spring break again. Although after Wishes at 10pm they did another spectro at 11pm. From like 10:30pm to midnight we walked onto every ride, so that was cool at least!

Ok, one more pet peeve, Spring break crowds, DUH! Please kick me if I ever think of going on a Saturday during spring break again. Although after Wishes at 10pm they did another spectro at 11pm. From like 10:30pm to midnight we walked onto every ride, so that was cool at least!

No kidding!! It was packed! We had a special fastpass thing for my friend's son, he is autistic, so we got right on every ride, thank goodness.. otherwise we wouldnt have made it on anything. But they had cancelled Spectro at 11 cause of the weather... but crowds did let up by then.

I'll add a pet peeve.... torrential rain in theme parks. :doh:

that rain did suck!!!! we actually left the park and went and ate dinner at Bennigan's over by where the Dixie Stampede used to be and then came back in for the night.

that rain did suck!!!! we actually left the park and went and ate dinner at Bennigan's over by where the Dixie Stampede used to be and then came back in for the night.

Yeah we got there at like 10am and stuck it out till like 4 checked in, got a nap, and then met friends at their cabin in Fort Wilderness for dinner and then back to the parks at like 9:00.
Today, EPCOT was pretty much a washout after like 4 rides... didnt even make it to the countries... boo!

Also.. I will add to peeves... people that pretend they don't see a line at the cashiers at World of Disney and walk from the other direction right to the register and cut like 10 other people.... :rolleyes:

Also.. I will add to peeves... people that pretend they don't see a line at the cashiers at World of Disney and walk from the other direction right to the register and cut like 10 other people.... :rolleyes:

I hate that, I have somone do that to met everytime I'm at USF/ or IOA at the candy shop, makes me want to pick them up and drop them on their head.

My latest pet peeve happened again on Sat, it's these idiots who are clearly lost here in Orlando, but stop on a 45-50 mph, busy 2 and 3 lane roads, either in the far right hand lane or even worse, center lane:yikes: They think because they put on their hazards lights this is totally acceptable to park in the middle of the road, then they start reading a map on the steering wheel.

I really need a mini rocket launcher on my bike for such instances. :lol:

I hate that, I have somone do that to met everytime I'm at USF/ or IOA at the candy shop, makes me want to pick them up and drop them on their head.

My latest pet peeve happened again on Sat, it's these idiots who are clearly lost here in Orlando, but stop on a 45-50 mph, busy 2 and 3 lane roads, either in the far right hand lane or even worse, center lane:yikes: They think because they put on their hazards lights this is totally acceptable to park in the middle of the road, then they start reading a map on the steering wheel.

I really need a mini rocket launcher on my bike for such instances. :lol:

Amen! Drivers in FL in general! I thought it was horrible down here, but Orlando I am sure takes the cake cause you have loads more clueless tourists. I just love when then slow down to a crawl and put on there blinker in middle lane to get over and stop all traffic int he process instead of using common courtesy and keep driving, get over when you can, and bluddy U-turn like a good driver... eh!

Ahhhh Spring Break in Florida. I refuse to go to any part of Florida from Mid March to Mid April. It is pure misery. I have driven in a number of Major cities and Orlando is the worst. The roads are confusing for tourist and they are all reading billboards and staring at the sites and not driving.

I-drive has to be the worst place to drive in Orlando.

2 years ago a rainstorm hit on are way to HHN from Kissimmee we passed 17 accidents on I-4 in a 4 mile stretch in the southbound lanes thank goodness we were going North.

I hate it when

1. Random people come up to me and ask " Is The Simpsons Ride open? ", or my personal favorite "Wheres Back To The Future?"

2. When people bump into me with there big a** double wide strollers and say "Get out of my way!"

3. When scream in fear on ROTM and JAWS but The ride has just begun.

You know it was pretty funny seeing many a tourists searching the whole wall at Simpsons for an entrance. One family was saying "It's here, no nevermind, search the other side" :lol:

Park Pet Peeves

We all have one. Something that ticks us off. Could be rude guests, or anything else.

Here's your chance to rant and share unpleasant experiences.

One thing that annoys me, as well as most out there, are those ignorant guests who see it imperative to run people over with strollers. :doh:

That's definitely a good one.

But for me - as a warning, I'm going to be completely un-PC on this - I can't stand the HUGE Brazilian tour groups. Ever since we were pushed around by them on my trip back when I was going into 8th grade, I've loathed them.