Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally had one to share!
This little guy (or gal, not sure how to tell) was crawling across my lab notebook at work this morning. I picked them up in a little capped vial to take to our warehouse where my labmate wouldn’t squish them.

Not as photogenic as everyone else’s I admit!

Attachments

• ECBF6BFC-B5C7-45B6-B5BF-ED00D5013AD6.jpeg
    ECBF6BFC-B5C7-45B6-B5BF-ED00D5013AD6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Finally had one to share!
This little guy (or gal, not sure how to tell) was crawling across my lab notebook at work this morning. I picked them up in a little capped vial to take to our warehouse where my labmate wouldn’t squish them.

Not as photogenic as everyone else’s I admit!
I always go with female whenever I deal with Shelob

Reactions: Grabnar
:thumbsup: .....Looks like my woods. I've cleared walking paths and pocket gardens. with seating, throughout. Tons of deer. One doe had triplet bambies this year. First time I've seen that.
Nice light was that evening?

it was out at our arboretum in Houston, it's a light walking/hiking trail that's got a lot of critters in it. Ended up making it there at around 6:30A, saw an armadillo the minute we got out of our car but I didn't have my camera out before he ran off!

What kind of camera did you purchase?

Fujifilm X100V

I used to be really into photography but sold my old Canon rebel before I went to college. I'm trying to get back into it as a hobby, so figured I'd pick up a nice little versatile street/landscape cam. I love it so far

Reactions: Mad Dog
it was out at our arboretum in Houston, it's a light walking/hiking trail that's got a lot of critters in it. Ended up making it there at around 6:30A, saw an armadillo the minute we got out of our car but I didn't have my camera out before he ran off!

Fujifilm X100V

I used to be really into photography but sold my old Canon rebel before I went to college. I'm trying to get back into it as a hobby, so figured I'd pick up a nice little versatile street/landscape cam. I love it so far
I have an opinion what should be done if that dillo leaves the arboretum grounds, bane of my yard and I relocate several a year.

Reactions: Grabnar
Took a trip to my hometown to hunker down for the storm. The first photo is Naegelin's Bakery, which is the oldest continuously operating bakery in the state of Texas. It's been open since 1868, churning out pastries and bread.

The second photo is Founder's Oak. It's a MASSIVE Live Oak tree that's estimated to have been planted in 1700. The site nearby was home to a Spanish mission which I tried to get pictures of the only remnants of but there were too many people and I didn't have my big mask with me :ack:
Edit: Click through to the "View attachment" to see the photo of the tree
dscf0111-jpg.13095

Attachments

• DSCF0111.jpg
    DSCF0111.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Just took this a few minutes ago. Mr. Geffen is in Bar Harbor this morning. It is just slightly shorter than many cruise ships.

attmAYR.jpg

Edit: Making sure I am correct in which yacht this is, I found this cool yacht tracking website. It’s only gonna show Bar Harbor while it is here. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai.../mmsi:319011000/imo:8982307/vessel:RISING_SUN

I have a friend here at work whose ex-wife is dating a local multimillionare and they've essentially been living on their yacht travelling along the gulf coast to avoid people. Wish that I could get in on that grift :lol:

Reactions: Teebin