Picture of the Day - Orlando | Page 328 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have always wondered why there is always a line going through the numbers when you take pictures of them....

The numbers are "painted" one line or a group of lines across at a time. This happens very fast usually from top to bottom. If the cameras shutter speed is fast enough it will catch some of the lines in the "off" state. As long as the image or in this case the LEDs paint the image faster than approximately 1/25th of a second it will appear as a solid character. This is due to you eyes retaining the image of a brief period of time. This effect is known as "persistence of vision

Last edited:
Reactions: JokerMan0925
DSC03585.jpg

The numbers are "painted" one line or a group of lines across at a time. This happens very fast usually from top to bottom. If the cameras shutter speed is fast enough it will catch some of the lines in the "off" state. As long as the image or in this case the LEDs paint the image faster than approximately 1/25th of a second it will appear as a solid character. This is due to you eyes retaining the image of a brief period of time. This effect is known as "persistence of vision

Thanks!

--- Update ---

Before
img0178og.jpg

After
img0007en.jpg

I think now that peak season is approaching and the DeLorean is back Doc Brown will return. After that I'm hoping he'll have regular sets like he has in the past.

DSCN0967.jpg