Picture with Pete? | Inside Universal Forums

Picture with Pete?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 24, 2011
St.Augustine, FL
So my wife and I took our two year old to the Magic Kingdom for the first time recently and quickly discovered she enjoyed character meetings more than most of the rides (Dumbo being the exception)
But when we went to the new circus themed section of fantasy land to meet Minnie, Daisy, Goofy,and Donald she became very excited seeing the picture of Pete outside of the silly sideshow and started looking around for him when she heard his voice. Pete's been a favorite of mine since the old Goof troop cartoon as well. So I was wondering if anyone here knows if the character has ever been a walk around meet and greet character.

I know nothing about Pete, but yeah, a certain age of kids LOVE meet and greets. I never realized this until I was with my friend and her 5 year old wanted to meet Mickey in every park we went into. So glad my daughter is scared of most characters. She did hug Mickey at the Garden Grill the other day, but still wanted nothing to do with Pluto or Chip and Dale. We have decided our LOs will not know what a Meet and Greet is :)

I was just curious if he had ever been a meet and greet character. Seems kind of natural for him to be out in the new fantasy land, maybe one day. I thought my daughter would be scarred of the characters too but we spent most of the day running between all the meet and greet spots while trying to sneak in a few rides and shows.

I am surprised he is not either. Considering he is a character used a lot on Mickey's Clubhouse.

I am sure when my daughter is older she will be less scared, but she enjoys roller coasters more than meeting characters right now. She also did not like Santa, so there is a history of not liking those types of things :)

As far as I know, Pete has never been a walk around character...though in the initial planning stages for the Fantasyland Expansion, he was being considered as one of the Sideshow characters.

Supposedly Oswald the lucky rabbit was in consideration too...but instead we got neither.