Pitch Perfect Musical? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Pitch Perfect Musical?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm leaning towards Animal Actors TBH. A show like Pitch would probably not require any of the high-tech rigging or lighting that Castle has. A stage, some lights, a set and decent actors are all you really need for this property. 

But that will get rid of the one family-aimed show in the park. Animal Actors is too popular for what it is at the current moment IMO.

Something no one has mentioned yet, BUT... Pitch Perfect 3 has been pushed back 5 months & will now be released December 2017. Soooooo.... yea.

This is due to Elizabeth Banks dropping out as director due to scheduling conflicts: http://www.avclub.com/article/elizabeth-banks-too-busy-direct-pitch-perfect-3-237716

^well yea... but i'm just pointing out that the 3rd movie has been pushed back until December. So unless there is really a demand for a PP show (hah), there won't be any reason for USH to rush before the new movie....

It's still a popular franchise with two films already? I don't think the delay of the third film would affect this show if it is in development.

The Globe Theater is pretty much a ballroom. I guess if they really wanted to they could stick some bleachers in there, but I can't imagine being a great viewing experience unless they invest some major money. 

I think if the song is more focused on the music instead of trying to retell the movie (something along the lines of Beetlejuice but themed to a singing competition), they don't need elaborate sets and could probably perform on either the Animal Actors Stage or in Castle Theater. Have the more kid friendly shows in the morning and early afternoon then the musical in the late afternoon and evening. It would be nice to have a show on the lower lot, but I can't imagine where they would put it. If Bill and Ted never come back to Horror Nights maybe they could do a special Halloween edition of the show? Production Central did have some Pitch Perfect merchandise last time I was there...

Last edited by a moderator: