Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So the "Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats" stand opened up...

...and guess what they're not serving? Snow Cones. They're willing to put the money into retheming/renaming something based on a gag in a Pixar film...but they don't put in the money to sell the actual thing that the gag is based off of. For pete sake, the sign of the shop has him holding a tray of Snow Cones!

So the "Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats" stand opened up...

...and guess what they're not serving? Snow Cones. They're willing to put the money into retheming/renaming something based on a gag in a Pixar film...but they don't put in the money to sell the actual thing that the gag is based off of. For pete sake, the sign of the shop has him holding a tray of Snow Cones!

To be fair, who likes snow cones? It's just ice doused in syrup.

To be fair, who likes snow cones? It's just ice doused in syrup.
tenor.gif

Pixar Pier Grand Opening tickets go on sale May 16th. I'm not surprised Disney is doing this (since they did the same thing for Guardians) but what I am surprised about it the price tag. It's $299 per person! Disney is out of their damn minds. And if this is the price for Pixar Pier, I am terrified to see what the Galaxy's Edge premier is going to cost...

Pixar Pier Premiere Special Event at Disney California Adventure Park on June 22: Six Reasons to Attend | Disney Parks Blog
AyJzPmG.gif

Pixar Pier Grand Opening tickets go on sale May 16th. I'm not surprised Disney is doing this (since they did the same thing for Guardians) but what I am surprised about it the price tag. It's $299 per person! Disney is out of their damn minds. And if this is the price for Pixar Pier, I am terrified to see what the Galaxy's Edge premier is going to cost...

Pixar Pier Premiere Special Event at Disney California Adventure Park on June 22: Six Reasons to Attend | Disney Parks Blog
Bloody friggin ‘el! You seriously expect me to pay the same amount as a one year pass to USH with free parking, just to see a re-skinned area and roller coaster right before opening? Go shove it Disney.

What’s utterly pathetic is that I fully expect this to sell out. Guardians was a bit more reasonable even though $100 was pushing it...but $300 for THIS!? I really hope people aren’t going for this because if they are.....

“Come experience Galaxy’s Edge a week before our grand opening for only $1200!” I seriously expect it to be that much. Disney fanatics are becoming the new Apple fans: just throwing their wallet away at a new accessory.

$299? :lol: If the bloggers are all going to be invited for free anyway, is there another audience for this who really cares to be first for THIS?

• Complimentary eats and treats – Taste your way through Pixar Pier with a sample of one item from Poultry Palace, Angry Dogs, Jack-Jack’s Cookie Num Nums, Senor Buzz Churros and Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats.

So just the 1 churro then? For $300?

So for comparison Cedar Point did a similar event: several rides, including Steel Vengeance, open for guests plus one sample item of food from several new food locations. Except it was free.

A $75 "first rider" Steel Vengeance event was held that included unlimited free food, two free alcoholic drinks, and unlimited rides on Maverick and SV.

I'm ok with paid early access events for fans and enthusiasts, even at $300. My problem is that this is going into Disney's pockets, probably part of this land's budget was a $300,000 "grand opening tickets". The Steel Vengeance $75 per guest went to the LeBron James Foundation, the first rider benefit for Mystic Timbers went to the Andy Dalton Foundation. This goes to the "ESPN is Struggling" fund. Instead of getting some good will in a community angry at it, Disneyland instead decided to pocket the money.

Greedy ass hats.

I don't think there's anything charitable about anything you purchase at Disney or Universal. :lol: At least SeaWorld, things here and there go to conservation funds.

Does Disney still have a Conservation Fund? Back in the day, they used to ask you all over Animal Kingdom if you wanted to donate but I feel like I never see it anymore.

$300 seems reasonable for a Galaxy’s Edge fan event but NOT for Pixar Pier, which isn’t adding a single new ride. I would totally accept $300 for SW as a fair price for early entry to a BRAND NEW LAND.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
$300 seems reasonable for a Galaxy’s Edge fan event but NOT for Pixar Pier, which isn’t adding a single new ride. I would totally accept $300 for SW as a fair price for early entry to a BRAND NEW LAND.
Yeah, even $300 is pushing it some as I can buy a Gold USH pass for that price. $200 would be the MAX I'm willing to pay for a GE preview event. Anything beyond that for a new land would be ridiculous in my book.

At this point, Disney is not even trying to hide the fact that they're greedy. They're essentially yelling at the top of their lungs, "JUST GIVE US YOUR DANG MONEY MORONS!" Mickey Mouse has turned into Mr. Krabbs.

Yeah, even $300 is pushing it some as I can buy a Gold USH pass for that price. $200 would be the MAX I'm willing to pay for a GE preview event. Anything beyond that for a new land would be ridiculous in my book.

At this point, Disney is not even trying to hide the fact that they're greedy. They're essentially yelling at the top of their lungs, "JUST GIVE US YOUR DANG MONEY MORONS!" Mickey Mouse has turned into Mr. Krabbs.

$300 would definitely be my ABSOLUTE max for GE. And even then I would reeeeally have to think about it first before purchasing. It would just be so nice to get in to the land, experience everything before the masses, and then never step foot in it again for like a year and a half haha.

Why anyone would pay to go to Pixar Pier before it opens is beyond me. I mean, I’m for sure interested in seeing how the Incredicoaster turns out, but I can wait until after it’s open for that. No rush there.

Reactions: alias8703
As the sayings go, "A sucker is born every minute" or "A fool and his money are soon parted". I would bet those are on someones office wall in a Disney Executive suite.

Reactions: Disneyhead