Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is actually a very good fireworks show, despite the awkward pacing. Projection mapping is really improving for Sleeping Beauty Castle. Probably one of the only positives of Pixar Fest.

The whole friendship thing they were aiming for wasn't present to me. The Coco part looks glorious but that's about it. This feels lazy.

Spent an extended weekend at Disneyland (Sat - Tues). Surprised at how packed the parks were on Monday versus the weekend.
Saw the fireworks show Tuesday night. Show was good, but I have a hard time with the lack of vertical space on the castle. I intentionally went up main street to see the projections on the buildings and then struggled to watch them on the castle. Its almost a distraction with the street projections versus the castle and kinda takes away some of the fun having to constantly shift your viewing angle.
On another note... LOVED the Paint the Night parade. With great effects and an omage to the past electrical parades it was a big hit for me.
Also liked the Pixar Play parade as well. Good energy and crowd interaction.

Don't ask me how much Pixar stuff I bought....:clap:

From Matthew Gottula, Blue Sky Cellar has returned for Pixar Pier.

Caught the Blue Sky Cellar the day it opened. Nothing earth shattering, but it was nice to see the preliminary design takes and watch the video from the imagineers explaining their thought process on the project.

I’m personally of the opinion that Pixar Pier is actually a decent fit for DCA and I think it’s a net gain for the park.

That being said, that ride car looks awful. It’s way too flamboyant and also painfully generic. It’s hard to be both of those at the same time, yet here we are.

I’m personally of the opinion that Pixar Pier is actually a decent fit for DCA and I think it’s a net gain for the park.

That being said, that ride car looks awful. It’s way too flamboyant and also painfully generic. It’s hard to be both of those at the same time, yet here we are.
They certainly look much better than the Screamin vehicle design (and yes, that is Taylor Swift):
32C7E27100000578-3520807-image-a-76_1459628651553.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I really like the new trains and colors!

DCA has never been my favorite, so that’s the context for my opinion, but I like a lot of the Pixar Pier changes. Not all. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if they took it even further. They have that re-themed Goofy wild mouse coaster, and I think it’s interesting that almost every time I’m near the exit I hear someone complaining about the ride. I’d love to see something else in its place. But I’m also totally uninterested in most of the attractions on the pier, so I’ll shut up now, since obviously the area wasn’t made for someone like me and that’s totally okay.

I’m also surprised about how mixed the reception has been. I’ve heard people say, DCA should turn into a full-throated “Pixar land” for years. Granted, that’s not exactly what this is, and the park certainly isn’t headed that direction with its future changes. But it does seem like this was sparked from fan feedback.

Keeping the Mickey head on the wheel was a must, kids love it, so I’m glad that’s staying.

My other thought is that at the same time as they’re making the pier more colorful, they’re getting rid of the only area for small kids in the park (Bugs Land) in favor of more “big kid” stuff, and we are back to feeling very unbalanced in that regard. We will go check everything out in November, and my wife and I are interested to see the incredicoaster changes, but honestly, since I have young kids, Bugs Land was a big deal for us. I’d have love to see the area improved instead of demolished. If my kids were boys and over the age of 10, I’d probably be more excited about the park’s future. So, I’m happy for families who are a good fit, but I’m also still a little sad for mine.

Reactions: Scott W.